Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-07-2008, 06:22   #1
Anna23

I have not been paid

So after my 2 week stint in the recruitment company now i was checking my bank balance and they havent paid me for the 2 weeks!

what can I do?
Advertisement
25-07-2008, 06:26   #2
hussey

Send a message via MSN to hussey
Best thing is to ask them why?
it could be a simple mistake
25-07-2008, 06:28   #3
Anna23

OMG I cannot seriously believe I havent been paid this is seriously bad, just goes to show who i was working for they arent serious at all. what can i do legally?
25-07-2008, 06:37   #4
MagicMarker
Banned

Ask them!!!!

Did you ask them originally how their payment system works? Maybe you're paid monthly?

I thought you rejected that job and went with the american company?
25-07-2008, 06:40   #5
Anna23

well thet are in the process of offering me the job so i said until they do i will start with the rec company, and people were right the things they do OMG I hope i never work for a place like that. i asked about pmt and they told me i will get paid on the 25th of July. i started on the 11th of July so she siad i will get paid at the end of this month and i havent. i did ask them and they told me i will get paid on the 25th of this month. thats from the horses mouth.
Advertisement
25-07-2008, 06:42   #6
Dont be at yourself

Have you tried contacting them?

I think you're over-reacting a little. You haven't mentioned how long ago your 2 week stint was, but it's more than possible that there has been a banking error, a payroll error or any of number of things.

Get in touch with the recruitment agency, see if they've processed your wages. Check your bank statement too, they may have paid you, only for your wages to be eaten up by direct debits, stamp duty or a drunken withdrawal from an ATM outside Supermacs at 4am that you've forgotten.

A polite phonecall is likely all that's required. Legal options do not need to be explored.

[edit - just seen your new post...]

Did you give your bank details? Did they say how they would pay you? I know from experience that there can be troubles adding new people to the payroll, so the best thing to do is get in touch with the payroll department and see what the story is.

Last edited by Dont be at yourself; 25-07-2008 at 06:44.
25-07-2008, 06:44   #7
hussey

Send a message via MSN to hussey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna23 View Post
..... i started on the 11th of July so she siad i will get paid at the end of this month and i havent. i did ask them and they told me i will get paid on the 25th of this month. thats from the horses mouth.
it could take a day to go through? It is best to ask about why you didn't get paid, rather than going down the legal path yet.
25-07-2008, 06:45   #8
Anna23

I am just checking my bank balance now, trust me I dont do the whole 1000 euro at 4 am in the morning, i will give them a call and see what they say, this is so unprofessional. I cant believe this.... i started on the 11th of July and was meant to get paid on the 25th of july so they said, they get paid monthly in there, could it be that i only get paid next month for this, if this is the case then why would she say u get paid on the 25th.
25-07-2008, 06:45   #9
MagicMarker
Banned

Errr, that's today. And if i have my time difference right (i'm overseas) it's not even 7am there. And you're asking about legal action?

Maybe you'll be paid by cheque?

Sorry to bring this up but based on your previous threads in general you seem to make mountains out of mole hills very very easily. Calm down ffs.

*edit* did you ask if you had to work a back week/month???? If so you may not get paid until next month. Or if you worked a back week you may have only been paid for one week and not noticed much of a difference in your balance.

Even still, relax!!!

Last edited by MagicMarker; 25-07-2008 at 06:48.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-07-2008, 06:48   #10
Anna23

Thanks magic maker......honestly i am a bit stressed I dont have a job and only have left around 2500 euro in my account of course i will get stressed after all i did work for it its my money and i want it, its as simple as that!
25-07-2008, 06:53   #11
MagicMarker
Banned

Quote:
Thanks magic maker......honestly i am a bit stressed I dont have a job and only have left around 2500 euro in my account of course i will get stressed after all i did work for it its my money and i want it, its as simple as that!
CALM DOWN!!!

It's the day you get paid, the working day has not even started yet. You don't know anything yet so calm down.

What are you talking about you have no job?

2500 in your account will get you through at least a month being unemployed. But you're supposed to be working for the rec agency????

Yeah you did work for it and it is yours, and you will get it but jesus christ don't throw your toys out of the pram. These things can take time and you still don't even know what's going on. You may get a cheque when you go to work today.
(2) thanks from:
25-07-2008, 07:11   #12
Anna23

oh yeah i forgot to mention i was let go on wednesday!
25-07-2008, 07:15   #13
Dont be at yourself

Is this a wind-up or something? Is English your second language? Are you on speed?

Nobody is trying to screw you over. Most likely you'll get your money today. If not, you'll certainly get it before your 2,500 disappears from your account. Most likely there is no problem - and if there is, it is one that's easily sorted.

If they money's not in your account by lunchtime, pick up the phone, ring HR and explain the situation in a calm, polite, reasonable manner. Don't stamp your feet, don't have a tantrum or a panic attack. Just explain the situation and find out what's the best way to sort everything out.
25-07-2008, 07:16   #14
MagicMarker
Banned

Quote:
oh yeah i forgot to mention i was let go on wednesday!
Oh ok.. Well that explains a little but still, try not to worry...

Just call them when they open. Most importantly, stay calm, concise and coherant. If you act like a bitch over the phone then no one will want to help you. Ask them what the story is and when you will be paid. Be polite and patient. If they say they'll call you back then thank them and wait for their call.

IF it gets to a stage where you get no answers (it most likely won't) then i personally would make my way down there and speak to the manager in person.
25-07-2008, 07:19   #15
Anna23

I am not on speed i dont take drugs, i am a normal 25 year old, desperate 25 year old, who has a car and a loan and a mortgage to pay, well i am helped but still... anyway not wanting to waist anyones time anymore...thanks for the advice i will give them a call but i doubt i will get my money i really do! oh yeah o forgot to mention i saw payroll being done on tuesday

Last edited by Anna23; 25-07-2008 at 07:24.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion