Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have not been paid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Hopefully the 2500 will tide you over till then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Claire121

LOL you told you'd get paid on the 25th, it's only the 25th today and you're reacting like this? Even I'm not that dramatic! Why do you think they won't send the cheque? If they really are that unprofessional and shady, why did you take the job in the first place? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Anna23 wrote: »
    i just spoke to them, i will be paid by cheque on Monday....ha ha what a JOKE I actually wonder if they will send the cheque out....anyway thanks guys

your posts have brought me to believe you must be the single largest female headwrecker in ireland...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

If I had a euro for every time I haven't been paid on time I'd be able to afford to fund the OPs lobotomy.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention..."
    :rolleyes:

By the way, "Latin blood" is no excuse for acting like a child and it's not a free pass to spit your soother. I sincerely hope you do not use that as an excuse in work.

Oh, I'm just tempermental 'coz of my Latin blood

I hate it when people use stereotypes (of any kind) against themselves. What happens when you deal with someone else who has Latin blood *cough* *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

I am not temperamental i just know how things work with cheques, i worked as a credit manager/ credit managment so i know what the " i will send u a cheque on monday" means!

And i always worked for companies who paid me on time.....just goes to show that they didnt put me on payroll because they knew they werent going to keep me...

Anyway I dont act like a child i am just worried and i have all the right to do so...i dont need anyone to be mean to me....i am worried because i have plenty of bills to pay and i am not the type of person who doesnt work, i actually enjoy working...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

I'm not belittling your problem. It does suck eggs to not get paid on time. I've been there. And if you have direct debits and such that are to come out on the day that you get paid you will incur a charge if they bounce.

I also get paid on the 25th of the month but I have set up my direct debits to come out on the first of the month. That way if anything goes wrong I can at least ring up the relevant people and let them know there's been a hold-up but the money is on its way.

Then all I have to worry about is not taking it all out and spending it between the 25th and the 1st ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Lets see... if you get paid on today, and they send a cheque... it would arrive on Monday. I really don't see why you think they're f**king around with you :rolleyes::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Claire121 wrote: »
    LOL you told you'd get paid on the 25th, it's only the 25th today and you're reacting like this? Even I'm not that dramatic! Why do you think they won't send the cheque? If they really are that unprofessional and shady, why did you take the job in the first place? :confused:
    I'm starting to see why they let her go after 2 weeks.

its ok not to worry its just that i wish i could have avoided this and i just want to get another job and forget this whole incident, but i am just angry with myself for not trusting my instincts...

really and why did they let me go after 2 weeks go on tell me....i mite not know the real reason....ive explined a few posts up ive done credit managment i am completly aware what the "ill send u a cheque on monday" means.

claire in my other job i have the money first thing in the morning for DD's to go though...so please dont start judging if u dont know the full story just ask first....
    anyway thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

its ok not to worry its just that i wish i could have avoided this and i just want to get another job and forget this whole incident, but i am just angry with myself for not trusting my instincts...

really and why did they let me go after 2 weeks go on tell me....i mite not know the real reason....ive explined a few posts up ive done credit managment i am completly aware what the "ill send u a cheque on monday" means.

claire in my other job i have the money first thing in the morning for DD's to go though...so please dont start judging if u dont know the full story just ask first....
    anyway thanks

I assume this was a temp job then. Well letting you go after a few weeks is what happens often or maybe you werent good enough.

I am quite amazed at how much you are overreacting to this. I am thus not suprised you were let go after two weeks. Wont accept peoples advice very well, dont take criticism very well, overreaction to simple things (its a little payroll error and you have money in your account to keep you so not that bad).

I really dread to think what you were like at credit control as it usually demands calmness, and listening to customers. You cant seem to listen and b calm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

and i had one when i took the job i knew it wasnt going to work out but still i wanted to give this job a try as like i said i am doing a HR degree,

Sorry for ranting but i just want to cry!

HR????? Are you for real????? Seriously......

You started work on the 11th July. Let go on the 23rd July??? Cut off for most payrolls is a week before payday as your probably aware

Your lucky they arent making you wait until next month to pick up your cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

I just can't understand why they fired you after just 2 weeks.

maybe i am overreacting because i dont have a job......and i am a calm person i am just terrified that i wont find a job on time to make sure i can pay my loan ..... and yes HR because of people like u!!!

can whoever is the moderator delete this thread fuzzy they said there is nothing to do for me

they werent able to find jobs for people and if they had the jobs they just didnt have the correct candidates.....honestly i have never done recruitment so how can they judge if i am good or not in one week and a half....i didnt even get a chance to do anything intresting to be honest with u.

I can give u their number and u can ask them urself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭board om

they werent able to find jobs for people and if they had the jobs they just didnt have the correct candidates.....honestly i have never done recruitment so how can they judge if i am good or not in one week and a half....i didnt even get a chance to do anything intresting to be honest with u.

but that is what recruitment is. it isnt up to them to find the right candidates for the job, or the right job for the candidates. that is YOUR job as a recruiter. the company provides you with a list of jobs and a database of candidates. it is up to you to match them to each other. if you didnt figure out that that is what you were supposed to be doing then you were definitly in the wrong job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

authentic_drama_queen.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

I shall do just that! Now please do leave me alone

This is some sort of wind up. Did you not mention that you were doing some HR related course. That being the case I would have assumed that you would be more patient / calm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Anna23, I recall seeing in one of your posts that you have more interviews lined up in the near future. From reading some of your posts I would advise that you take a deep breath and really take stock. You should perhaps think of temping for a little while until you really establish where your skills lie and what you want to do. I can appreciate you are young, and obviously the way your last role ended up was a dent to your confidence, BUT jumping headlong yet again into another job right now is probably not to your benefit. I also think you need to take a long hard look, an honest look, at why you haven't been happy/worked out in previous employment. There seems to be a pattern here if you ask me........

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=52859389#post52859389

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53005322#post53005322

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53012176#post53012176

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53289610#post53289610

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53290647#post53290647

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53372146#post53372146

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53526015#post53526015

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53595368#post53595368

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53779096#post53779096

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55559067#post55559067

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56461813#post56461813

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56465513#post56465513

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56487576#post56487576

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I know the OP is going to get a cheque on Monday, but just so the OP and others know...

Pay day means the day the company will pay you, not the day the money will appear in your account

For example, the company bank account is with Ulster Bank. You are with First Active. If the company pays you on Friday, it may take a few days for the funds to hit your account. This has nothing to do with the company. It is the banking system which causes the delay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

lol, funniest thread i've read in ages

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Oh feck... just remembered I was supposed to sign off on some dudess's pay before I left for my 17-year around the world trip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Having read just the first page of this thread I believe that a proportional response to this outrage is required. OP, I suggest you strap explosives to your chest, march into head office, and take your head out of your arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Ah don't worry da will sort out this months mortgage for ya.....

Seriously calm down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 allabouteve58

At least you are going to get paid!!

My boss bounced a cheque on me 4 weeks ago, the day I left the company, and he still has not paid me. Have contacted him every second day for 4 weeks and keep getting fobbed off!!! I will have it next week etc. Am taking a claim to the Department of Employment so fun days ahead!!! NOT!!!

So consider yourself lucky!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 johnmchugo

Hi allabouteve,

maybe your ex boss had Anna working in his payroll office. She sounds like she's done the "cheque is in the post" line.
    As for poor Anna, I can see she is going to go through a lot of jobs over the next couple of years. Employers aren't stupid, if your good they keep you if you're a pain in the ass they get rid of you. Anna is one of these individuals who thinks that everybody else is a dummy and they alone have acquired all the knowledge that is needed to survive in society.
    Well here the reality check honey, your former bosses saw you coming a mile away!!
    They will be pissed off that they didn't spot you even earlier.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Xcellor

hahahahahhahahaha... I rarely take the time to read threads in their entirity but this one is a classic. The OP must be taking the p*ss. If she isn't then god help her and anyone who decides to employ her....

With 2.5k in the bank I have no idea what she is getting so stressed out about at this stage! Be stressed if you are in OD by that much!

Ay curumba!

X

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Did ya get your cheque on the monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

I've never read this particular forum before and this was my first thread... and I must says - this is one of the funniest threads I've ever read.

What an absolute mental case. I'm glad I'm pretty laid back, because I'd definitely be in an early grave if I reacted like the OP to the crap going on in my life..

Your blood pressure must be through the fuking roof! You really ought to think about getting it in check or you'll do yourself harm..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

It was hard not to laugh while reading this thread. Perhaps a somewhat disproportionate response by the OP. Having said that we can all go through stressful times and act a bit strangely. Remember, we're not all perfect all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

we're not all perfect all the time.

I agree 100%.

We all overreact to things every now and then.

The OP was obviously worried about money and going through a hard time.

While her posts may have been entertaining, she's a real person experiencing real (negative) emotions, and she shouldn't be laughed at.

I hope things work out for you OP.

/Sorry if I sound like Jesus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

2nd time through this and I still laughed.

Advertisement