Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL complaints

Options
  • 23-11-2006 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone have a postal address and a name for the NTL complaints dept?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I have a direct line to the complaints/cancellations. Anytime i have a problem i phone them and usually get some free service added to my account for my trouble, i'll pm it to you if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭RintPete

Onkle51 wrote:
    I have a direct line to the complaints/cancellations. Anytime i have a problem i phone them and usually get some free service added to my account for my trouble, i'll pm it to you if you want?

Onkle51, would you mind sending it to me too?

Many thanks - RintPete

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

That would be great Oncle, thanks.
    Does this number get you through to someone who speaks english? Or am I being greedy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Onkle51, could you Pm me the number aswell. I'd appreciate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sneetch

The postal address for their complaints department is this (given to me by one of their customer care drones):

Customer Care,
    Building P2,
    East Point Business Park,
    Dublin 3

Onkle, if you could pm me that number too I'd really appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Onkle, PM me too if you don't mind. :)

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

errr me to Onkle if its not too much hassle!

Jesus, what have I started???!
    Sneetch wrote:
    The postal address for their complaints department is this (given to me by one of their customer care drones):

Customer Care,
    Building P2,
    East Point Business Park,
    Dublin 3

Onkle, if you could pm me that number too I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for that Sneetch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Mojito

Onkle if you got time could you PM me that number as well!

jeez, Sneetch, 5 years and u've hit your 3rd post, congrats. /me send letter off to NTL now. Post the number here sure!?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ye are better off emailing it to customer.care@ntl.ie and cc ing odca@entemp.ie

that ways the consumer affairs people have evidence of when you initiated the complaint and NTL know they do .

Their own code of practise sez their aim is to answer all calls in 20 seconds , its a laugh , see here .

http://myhome.iolfree.ie/~icdg/feature_cs_ntl.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭patch

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Their own code of practise sez their aim is to answer all calls in 20 seconds , its a laugh , see here .

http://myhome.iolfree.ie/~icdg/feature_cs_ntl.htm

Now that's funny.
    I spent about 20 minutes trying to get them to answer their support line last week.
    They answer the sales line straight away though.
    Got transferred to support but after 20 more minutes I smply gave up.
    Perhaps if I properly abuse my download cap they will simply cut me off?
    We'll see....

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently: to the 2 NTL email addresses I gave above.

Also the phone does answer within 20 seconds, its just that you are not talking to anyone...

I'd forgotten about this thread... i'll send the pm's now

cheers for that Onkle51

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

hey,
    Could u PM it to me too...
    I'm at my wits end with NTL - totally stuck.
    Three technicians failed to show up - trying to organize a fourth one :(

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

can i get that number 2, a quick and painfull cancellation would be nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 cfriel2002

Wouldn't mind that number please, have had a catalog of screwups by NTL to get a new install for tv with digital package.... first a no show for install... then an engineer decides to call by the next day without telling the customer.... then after 10 phone calls (& ~ 4 hours on hold) they screw up the 2nd appointment..... customer service agent even admits there was no record of the appointment in their system..... after their colleague commiting to it the week before..... looks like it'll be 2007 before we see even a basic connection being made...... nice to have a "consistent" customer experience :-)

• Advertisement

Well I finally got round to composing my bile-filled missive to NTL "support". We'll wait and see. I'm so sick of having act the pr*ck to get any satisfaction.

"Wear the customer down until they can't bring themselves to give a sh*t anymore. And don't forget to ask them if there's anything else you can "help" them with before hanging up on them. Also, if the customer asks for your name - remember everyone here is called "Liz". Even the men."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Im absolutly raging. I spent 45 minutes waiting to talk to someone from NTL, i hung up and tried again later to wait for 30 minutes before hanging up.

My ping to any uk server is averaging 270. As hard pushed as i was to believe it was my computer, i formatted, installed windows again and shock horror... same ping.

My download speed is terrible and i wont even get started on my upload. Every 3/4 months i have to call NTL about something regarding my cable, and im afraid this is the last straw, it just wont do - i rely on a 20-30 ping, which i had before the whole chello.ie lark.

Onkle51 - much apreciated if you could pm me that number. Im going to unleash hell on them.

I just got my email back from odac. It seems I'm barking up the wrong tree with them. Both of my emails to the different addresses at NTL came back undeliverable.

Our Ref; 06/ xxxxxx

Dear Mr. Sniipe :D

Thank you for your recent email regarding poor customer service from NTL.

The role of the Office of the Director of Consumer Affairs is to give information and guidance to consumers on their statutory rights. This Office does not intervene or become involved in individual issues or disputes between consumers and sellers of goods or service providers.

Under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980, a consumer has the right to expect that, a person providing a service:

· has the skill to provide the service and to carry out the service
    properly,
    · will provide the service with due care and diligence
    · will use materials that are sound and fit for their purpose, and,
    · that goods supplied as part of the service will be of merchantable
    (i.e. acceptable) quality.

In this regard, the small claims procedure is a special mechanism for dealing with small claims within the District Court structure and is designed to handle consumer claims cheaply and informally without involving a solicitor. The fee for taking a case is €15. Claims involving amounts up to €2,000 may be dealt with through this procedure and details of the District Court offices and Small Claims Registrars are given in the telephone book. Applications forms can be downloaded from the Courts Service website www.courts.ie.

ComReg is the statutory body responsible for the regulation of the electronic communications sector (telecommunications, radio communications and broadcasting transmission) and the postal sector: You may wish to contact them and their details are as follows;

Commission for Communications Regulation Block DEF, Abbey Court Irish Life Centre Lower Abbey Street Dublin 1

consumer line on 1890 229 668.
    www.askcomreg.ie

Issues concerning the standard of customer service on offer by private companies are not legislated for in Irish Law and therefore, there is no statutory body who would be able to deal with your complaint.

We can only suggest that you might take your complaint to a higher level within the company itself, or, failing satisfaction there, that you consider your position with regard to giving the company your custom in future.

Thank you for contacting us and I trust you find the above information useful.

Eileen xxxxxx
    Office of the Director of Consumer Affairs
    4 Harcourt Road
    Dublin 2
    Ph; 353 - 1 - 402xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Jumping on the bandwagon here, could you PM me that number too, pretty please :)

We've been without broadband Friday afternoon and they've failed to ring us back at the times they said they'd ring us back on 4 consecutive occasions. That's 8 hours of our time wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ok I was just gonna chnage from NTL but seeing as I have my Tv with them ... could someone pm me the number? Pretty Please?

Sniipe wrote:
    I just got my email back from odac. It seems I'm barking up the wrong tree with them. Both of my emails to the different addresses at NTL came back undeliverable.

Why am I not surprised? I haven't received an undeliverable message yet, but fully expect to within the course of the day.

I've sent the numbers again. I hope it works, I haven't had to use it in quite a while. What you need to do is threaten them and tell them you're going elsewhere, then they'll bend over backwards for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 corknorr

found this thread interesting, thanks for the info all.
    Got Broadband installed by NTL just under 3 weeks ago (live in Leixlip), it worked for 2 days and has only been able to connect once since, when it lasted about 3 minutes before going down. Checked everything so not a problem on my PC. I've made a load of calls and each time was told that technical support would return my call in 1-2 days, never got a call. A few days ago asked to speak to a supervisor and was told there was none there but one would 'definitely' ring me back next day, guess what no call. Rang back yesterday to complain, finally got talking to a supervisor who could do nothing but promised that NTL's out of hours service would call me back again yesterday. I told him if they didn't I'd cancel my service because I couldn't be bothered with it anymore. Well as you might imagine I never got that call, have got no call today either. So mailed that address given and told them to disconnect and told them to reply to me by both e-mail and post to confirm. If they don't I'll cancel my direct debit until they sort it. Wouldn't like to work out how much time I've spent on hold wasting my time.
    Anyway does anyone know if there is an out of hours service at all or was that just a load of crap to get me off the line??

I actually did get 1 call from NTL a few days ago, trying to get me to get broadband installed as I didn't have it, really is a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but to my amazement, having called Comreg to give out about the crrrap broadband speeds Im getting with NTL..

They told me broadband isnt regulated. So.. back to ringing the 01 number to NTL for hours and hours because they're too tight to allow mobiles to use it.

• Advertisement

Trotter wrote:
    back to ringing the 01 number to NTL for hours and hours because they're too tight to allow mobiles to use it.

News just in.

NTL BB is now handled from the Chorus call centre in Limerick ( and maybe a second centre in Tipp town) with very few calls overflowing to Waterford any more. There are some useful :D contact details here for ye :D for that Chorus call centre in Limerick .

The NTL Waterford call centre will close tomorrow fortnight and not in March 2007 as originally announced. Needless to say Chorus did not plan for this , as ever. Check with the person answering the phone whether they are in Waterford or Limerick so you know what you are dealing with.

Assume the Limerick and Tipp ones have not been trained yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement