Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL complaints

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Cabaal wrote:
    and yet you posted here yesterday at 14:13 and bumped the thread again today with the same request at 11:52.
    You need to give people time to reply instead of bumping threads over and over.

"bumping threads over and over" a bit of an exaggeration, I think... :p

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Well it was twice within 24 hrs.

Well it was twice within 24 hrs.

and you are who? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

My NTL was gone down from about 7 O clock last night and came back at around 4 this evening. Really frustrating have the internet and TV supplied by the most unreliable service. UPC do your magic - Fix things.

Hj

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

el diablo wrote:
    and you are who? :rolleyes:

Boards is not an on demand answering service - most people on here are helpful.

You are not doing yourself any favours if you think this behaviour is going to result in people being helpful to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭stoneroses

Give him a break Man .... he's keen to get this information ... not a serious case of bumping

stoneroses wrote:
    Give him a break Man .... he's keen to get this information ... not a serious case of bumping
    Thanks for the support, stoneroses. they were all ganging up on me till you arrived. :D

dub45 wrote:
    You are not doing yourself any favours if you think this behaviour is going to result in people being helpful to you

:rolleyes:
    lighten up, dub45. no need to be so serious and sombre..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 susan brennan

the postal address for complaints is unit 3 eastwall buisness park dub 3
    i was given this and told to address complaint to a <name removed>
    but he no longer works for them
    i have had a problem with my service since Nov 2007 and i am still
    waiting for a call from them even after numerous calls and requests to speak to a supervisor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭reframe

Yes Susan unfortunately your in nthell, like I once was.

It's strange that, the office of consumer affairs "advises" consumers on their statutary rights but doesn't get involved or comment on individual cases.A sterling job they're doing.Only in Ireland.

Also comreg, the body responsible for the regulation of communications industries in Ireland, does less than nothing.NTHELL are not regulated in any way, television or broadband, So upc/nthell act with impunity.
    Why should they care about a complaint if there's no incentive or punishment.
    Comreg are the worst shower, if you phone them to complain about nthell/upc they inform you that you don't have a leg to stand on, so they basically act as a filtering service for upc call centres, so less people actually phone them after speaking to comreg. sweet huh.

So they've got consumers association looking on, Comreg answering phones for them and advising customers not to bother them, and then last week the gardai raid houses in finglas in an "intelligence" lead operation were they suspect people are accessing their services illegally,(using **** etc) all the time treating their customers like filth.less than filth.Why does everyone dance to the tune of this large company that spit on the consumer, are not regulated, break their service contract and then bring the full force of the law down on a couple of residents in their own home.

Get UPC/NTHELL OUT of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

reframe wrote: »
    Yes Susan unfortunately your in nthell, like I once was.

It's strange that, the office of consumer affairs "advises" consumers on their statutary rights but doesn't get involved or comment on individual cases.A sterling job they're doing.Only in Ireland.

Also comreg, the body responsible for the regulation of communications industries in Ireland, does less than nothing.NTHELL are not regulated in any way, television or broadband, So upc/nthell act with impunity.
    Why should they care about a complaint if there's no incentive or punishment.
    Comreg are the worst shower, if you phone them to complain about nthell/upc they inform you that you don't have a leg to stand on, so they basically act as a filtering service for upc call centres, so less people actually phone them after speaking to comreg. sweet huh.

So they've got consumers association looking on, Comreg answering phones for them and advising customers not to bother them, and then last week the gardai raid houses in finglas in an "intelligence" lead operation were they suspect people are accessing their services illegally,(using **** etc) all the time treating their customers like filth.less than filth.Why does everyone dance to the tune of this large company that spit on the consumer, are not regulated, break their service contract and then bring the full force of the law down on a couple of residents in their own home.

Get UPC/NTHELL OUT of Ireland.

They raided a supplier of illegal boxes from what I read on the news article. I dont think it was "a couple of residents in their own home"
    Methinks the lady dost protest too much.

• Advertisement

Yes your right.My mistake, initially reported as residents illegally accessing services reported in newspaper, later article includes UPC statement which supports the theory it was mass selling of these boxes, all the same,
    Having a house full of these boxes is not breaking the law.
    Law is broken when they're being supplied for the purposes of pirate decryption.

There are 2 Irish websites openly selling these boxes to the public, they are registered as businesses and paying VAT.

Now maybe you could prosecute someone for illegal trading/tax evasion etc.But selling the boxes is not against the law, provided no software is loaded.

And trying to prove such breaches of copyright in a CRIMINAL case is something else.

yes, watching pay t.v. for free is a CRIMINAL OFFENCE
    yes, breach of copyright is a CIVIL MATTER.

It seems they're having the best of both worlds here.
    They seem, according to the limited information available, to be prosecuting someone for:

1. loading software which bypasses technology.
    2. selling these devices with software loaded.
    3. Verbally(or otherwise) advising people of the operation.

thus complying with the letter of the law in relation to the broadcasting act.available online.

sneaky devils, Although I'd imagine the judge is gonna have a pain in his/her arse with this one.

Check the article again.

Gardaí in Dublin have seized broadcasting equipment worth about €70,000 in an investigation into alleged illegal access of pay-TV services. No arrests were made and a file is being prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).
    TV service provider UPC was involved in the investigation. UPC said it "will not tolerate the illegal supply and distribution of equipment designed to bypass its technology and access its content for free".
    The company said the industry will work with gardaí to seek prosecutions.
    "We have had a number of successful prosecutions in the past and expect more in the future," the company said.

With regard to protesting too much.

I have been threatened by UPC on ebay when I went to sell a box after I decided not to use it and get sky.They sent me a mail from their "fraud team" department.
    I Asked them if they were implying i was involved in fraud and that they could expect a court date for libel, seen as their question and my answer was avilable to other users.
    They slinked away back under the rock they crawled out from.

HAVE JUST BEEN TOLD TO DROP SUBJECT OF NON-OPERATOER SUPPLIED BOXES.
    CONSIDER IT DONE WATTY, THEY JUST TICKED ME OFF THREATENING ME LIKE THAT.FINISHED.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭com7

you could do with taking a chill pill

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

and how is pay-tv and TV in general a Broadband issue?
    reframe you need to relax and also keep on topic please

Also was there really the need for anybody to drag up a thread from June 2007?

Cabaal,

thanks for that witty response com7.

yeah sorry mod, new to the forum.

regards.

p.s. chill pill taken

:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Cabaal wrote: »
    and how is pay-tv and TV in general a Broadband issue?
    reframe you need to relax and also keep on topic please

Also was there really the need for anybody to drag up a thread from June 2007?

Cabaal,

If the state of my NTL connection is anything to go by yes. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jaza

send it to marie barker head of complaints
    upc
    ledp
    roxboro road
    limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

jaza wrote: »
    send it to marie barker head of complaints
    upc
    ledp
    roxboro road
    limerick

I could give you her email address and direct line phone number if you wanted, but that may go against charter and my own ethical stance :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jaza

i have both myself but the shades still make u cooler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tsewang

Hi!

unfortunatley there is even more frustration with NTL now. most users of the UPC - NTL Broadband have probably already been "surprised" by the latest €2 extra charge for not using direct debit for paying the bill.

this charge looks to me unlawful! it has not been agreed in the contract between us and the UPC company. this is really not a nice way of treating the customers!

i am not a lawyer, but if there is anybody on the forum who may know the legal stuff, please advise we as the NTL users can refuse to pay the extra charge in this situation?

Maybe it's also good to contact The Consumers' Association of Ireland.

please let me know your opinions - the more of us the better chances:)

cheers,
    Andrew

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I could have sworn this charge was braught in months ago. Am I wrong ??

Oopps I see where have a serial spammer here.

ban_hammer.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Sign me up!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

dogpile wrote: »
    Sign me up!
    Do you have to bump every old UPC/NTL thread?

23-11-2006

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dogpile infracted, next time its a ban

update. BANNED FOR A WEEK FOR ACTING THE COMPLETE TIT!

If I see a repeat of this your banned for 6 months

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement