Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 17 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Would Seattle not be better off playing the eagles than the Vikings?
    Home game is always better than on the road and that's even more pronounced when you are talking about CenturyLink.

Here comes beast-mode!

Marshawn back in the end zone on a goal line carry.
    Seahawks are coming, five point game now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Mostert and Breida are both better than coleman.

Mostert certainly is, Breida is a bit in and out.

What a huge score that is. I think that's the game, Seattle aren't really set up to score quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Breida seems to be in the doghouse since his fumble against Atlanta.

That was an awful kickoff, way to give the opposition a chance.

bull**** penalty

Very unfortunate penalty but a correct one by the rules. Impossible to hear the whistle with all that noise but it was after the whistle.
    Seahawks are unreal, they always come late. If they get the win here it'll be surreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

What a finish! The 49ers have been involved in some insane games this year!

• Advertisement

What a game, what an end to it. Congrats 49ers, I fancy them to win it all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Seahawks should have closed that out. Brutal

Huge win, they benched Witherspoon at the end there. Interesting to see who starts the next day.

That delay of.game was unforgivable but shanahan should have used a timeout earlier.

The defense stood up when it mattered most. They need Dee Ford and Tarrt back the next day.

eagle eye wrote: »
    What a game, what an end to it. Congrats 49ers, I fancy them to win it all now.

They won't even make it out of the NFC.

They won't even make it out of the NFC.

Who.do you think will beat them? They've beaten Green Bay, new Orleans and Seattle already.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Who.do you think will beat them? They've beaten Green Bay, new Orleans and Seattle already.

Apologies, that last post came across a bit prick-ish.

I couldn't see them beating the Saints in the playoffs but they've played nobody either.

Ravens will win it, easily the best team in football.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I couldn't see them beating the Saints in the playoffs but they've played nobody either.

They lost to the browns this season. No team is undefeated and can have a bad day. Just needs a qbs hand to hit a helmet and they go from favourites to ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭boccy23

148-92 coming in.

Packers @ Lions W
    Jets @ Bills L
    Dolphins @ Patriots L
    Bears @ Vikings W
    Chiefs W
    Browns @ Bengals W
    Saints @ Panthers W
    Falcons @ Buccaneers W
    Colts @ Jaguars L
    Eagles @ Giants W
    Cardinals @ Rams W
    Steelers @ Ravens L
    Titans @ Texans W
    Raiders @ Broncos W
    Redskins @ CowboysW
    49ers @ Seahawks L

So last week was 11-5 bringing me to 159-97 for the year. Not bad considering I missed week 1 so took an 0-16. Based on an 8-8 even I would have had 167-89. Even as it is, this is a winning percentage of 62%.

They lost to the browns this season. No team is undefeated and can have a bad day. Just needs a qbs hand to hit a helmet and they go from favourites to ****ed

Haha, we're 14-2 and have beaten Patriots, 49ers, Packers, Texans, Bills, Rams, Seahawks and Browns. We've beaten the Steelers twice and revenged the Browns defeat. Twelve on the spin having rested Jackson loads.

Only teams I'm worried about are Saints and Chiefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

I think the saints are the best team in the NFC but the same thing will happen they will lose in heartbreaking fashion to an Nfl darling green bay or San Francisco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

49ers beat the Saints on the road so why do you think they couldn't beat them playing at home in the playoffs, with them also being the more rested team?

Ravens only beat 49ers playing at home with a last second kick. They're very good but far from unbeatable, especially on a neutral field.

Haha, we're 14-2 and have beaten Patriots, 49ers, Packers, Texans, Bills, Rams, Seahawks and Browns. We've beaten the Steelers twice and revenged the Browns defeat. Twelve on the spin having rested Jackson loads.

I would have liked the Ravens to win it, but based on the above, I think I'll be cheering on anyone else except for the Ravens.

Based on some randomer on the internet you're rooting for someone else...

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

9-7 for week 17 so 164 correct picks out of 256.

boccy23 wrote: »
    I would have liked the Ravens to win it, but based on the above, I think I'll be cheering on anyone else except for the Ravens.

I just noticed you thought Steelers would beat Ravens.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

I just noticed you thought Steelers would beat Ravens.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :cool:

Based on some randomer on the internet you're rooting for someone else...

Lol.

Shur what do you mind, you're convinced they just need to show up and hand over the Lombardi to Coach John.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Shur what do you mind, you're convinced they just need to show up and hand over the Lombardi to Coach John.

Well, if they play the Steelers, yeah.

Saints or Chiefs are a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I certainly wouldn't underestimate the 49ers. They've beaten some good teams and all their losses have been very close games. They're good on both sides of the ball and can beat anyone on their day. Feel like all their close games will stand them in good stead for the post season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

150 - 90 (0.625) coming in

Packers @ Lions o
    Jets @ Bills o
    Dolphins @ Patriots x
    Bears @ Vikings x
    Chargers @ Chiefs o
    Browns @ Bengals x
    Saints @ Panthers o
    Falcons @ Buccaneers o
    Colts @ Jaguars o
    Eagles @ Giants o
    Cardinals @ Rams o
    Steelers @ Ravens o
    Titans @ Texans o
    Raiders @ Broncos o
    Redskins @ Cowboys o
    49ers @ Seahawks x

A daycent 12-4 leaves me on 162-94 (0.633) for the season.

Advertisement