Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 17 Thread

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

collybyrne wrote: »
    154 - 86 coming in

Packers @ Lions
    Jets @ Bills
    Dolphins @ Patriots
    Bears @ Vikings
    Chargers @ Chiefs
    Browns @ Bengals
    Saints @ Panthers
    Falcons @ Buccaneers
    Colts @ Jaguars
    Eagles @ Giants
    Cardinals @ Rams
    Steelers @ Ravens
    Titans @ Texans
    Raiders @ Broncos
    Redskins @ Cowboys
    49ers @ Seahawks

11 - 5 takes me to 165 - 91 for the season.

Some crazy results there none less than the Pats losing at home and missing out on the bye. Probably a fairer reflection on their season as a whole though, they really haven't been anywhere near their own high standards on offense.

Have to say I really enjoyed this regular season. New contenders in the 49ers and Ravens coming through so strong with the Saints and to a lesser extent the Chiefs backing up their performances from last season. The Rams once again proving how hard it is to get back to the Super Bowl, just like the Eagles Falcons and Broncos before them in recent years.Also this year we've really seen the emergence of the new generation of AFC quarter backs in Jackson, Watson and Mahomes (I know Mahomes broke through last season but this eason it really felt like the AFC belonged tot he three of them). Exciting times ahead!

11 - 5 takes me to 165 - 91 for the season.

Some crazy results there none less than the Pats losing at home and missing out on the bye. Probably a fairer reflection on their season as a whole though, they really haven't been anywhere near their own high standards on offense.

Have to say I really enjoyed this regular season. New contenders in the 49ers and Ravens coming through so strong with the Saints and to a lesser extent the Chiefs backing up their performances from last season. The Rams once again proving how hard it is to get back to the Super Bowl, just like the Eagles Falcons and Broncos before them in recent years.Also this year we've really seen the emergence of the new generation of AFC quarter backs in Jackson, Watson and Mahomes (I know Mahomes broke through last season but this eason it really felt like the AFC belonged tot he three of them). Exciting times ahead!

Sorry, this is my first year taking part in the picks. Just wondering does it keep going through the playoffs or is that it finished now?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sorry, this is my first year taking part in the picks. Just wondering does it keep going through the playoffs or is that it finished now?

I think it keeps going but we start from 0-0. I think but don't quote me to that.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I think it keeps going but we start from 0-0. I think but don't quote me to that.

Ok thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

paulie21 wrote: »
    148-92

Packers @ Lions
    Jets @ Bills
    Dolphins @ Patriots
    Bears @ Vikings
    Chargers @ Chiefs
    Browns @ Bengals
    Saints @ Panthers
    Falcons @ Buccaneers
    Colts @ Jaguars
    Eagles @ Giants
    Cardinals @ Rams
    Steelers @ Ravens
    Titans @ Texans
    Raiders @ Broncos
    Redskins @ Cowboys
    49ers @ Seahawks

10-6 to 158-98 total for regular season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I was doing a serious desktop clearout yesterday and I came across everyone's "final standings" from last season on it. I must rustle them up again before the playoffs begin at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

153-87 coming in

Packers @ Lions o
    Jets @ Bills x
    Dolphins @ Patriots x
    Bears @ Vikings o
    Chargers @ Chiefs o
    Browns @ Bengals x
    Saints @ Panthers o
    Falcons @ Buccaneers o
    Colts @ Jaguars x
    Eagles @ Giants o
    Cardinals @ Rams o
    Steelers @ Ravens x
    Titans @ Texans x
    Raiders @ Broncos x
    Redskins @ Cowboys o
    49ers @ Seahawks o
    Very bad 9-7 for a finish (who bets against the Ravens against the Steelers?)

162-94 overall

I've never finished out the season of predictions before so interested to know does the score carry over into the playoffs? I think it should personally, but whatever is the usual!

Very bad 9-7 for a finish (who bets against the Ravens against the Steelers?)

162-94 overall

I've never finished out the season of predictions before so interested to know does the score carry over into the playoffs? I think it should personally, but whatever is the usual!

There's never been any formal thing from what I gather. I would assume it would. Otherwise it's a bit redundant. That being said, it's actually a bit mad when you think that you've actively predicted 256 individual games of football anyway.

Does anyone know of any sites that say, would show the odds of predicting the favourite every match week to week and seeing how it compares.

One would it assume that it would be ca.60% anyway based on pure "just cos"
    I got 63.3% by actually putting in effort and thought and the missus ended up on 58.6% which doesn't seem like it was worth it overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

There's never been any formal thing from what I gather. I would assume it would. Otherwise it's a bit redundant. That being said, it's actually a bit mad when you think that you've actively predicted 256 individual games of football anyway.

Does anyone know of any sites that say, would show the odds of predicting the favourite every match week to week and seeing how it compares.

One would it assume that it would be ca.60% anyway based on pure "just cos"
    I got 63.3% by actually putting in effort and thought and the missus ended up on 58.6% which doesn't seem like it was worth it overall.

To would also think that just based on pure numbers of predictions over the years from a knowledgeable group that someone would get all the predictions right in a week at some point, but it's never happened that I know of

To would also think that just based on pure numbers of predictions over the years from a knowledgeable group that someone would get all the predictions right in a week at some point, but it's never happened that I know of

Not 15/16 right in a week although i got 14 right during the season this year and nearly got them all.

You can have all the knowledge and experience picking games but if the games all went on who on paper would win it'd be boring. I mean how many times over the years have teams won games through a lucky bounce or a kicker missing, or a INT that if you tried them again a hundred times you'd never get the same result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Paleface wrote: »
    155 - 85 overall

Packers @ Lions
    Jets @ Bills
    Dolphins @ Patriots
    Bears @ Vikings
    Chargers @ Chiefs
    Browns @ Bengals
    Saints @ Panthers
    Falcons @ Buccaneers
    Colts @ Jaguars
    Eagles @ Giants
    Cardinals @ Rams
    Steelers @ Ravens
    Titans @ Texans
    Raiders @ Broncos
    Redskins @ Cowboys
    49ers @ Seahawks

A poor 9 - 7 which brings me to 164 - 92 overall. I took a loss on the Colts @ Jaguars game as I forgot to bold my pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Based on who 538 thought were more likely to win each game they got 64/65% correct this season. According to fantasy football nerd, the most accurate expert across espn/cbs etc got 167 right, just over 65%. So anything close to that is about as good as the experts it would seem.

Barney92 wrote: »
    Based on who 538 thought were more likely to win each game they got 64/65% correct this season. According to fantasy football nerd, the most accurate expert across espn/cbs etc got 167 right, just over 65%. So anything close to that is about as good as the experts it would seem.

Exactly the numbers I wanted to see.

Cheers dude.

Barney92 wrote: »

167 ? I got 165 so I'm happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    167 ? I got 165 so I'm happy with that.

https://www.fantasyfootballnerd.com/nfl-picks/accuracy

I may be missing something but yeah 167 seems to be the top. I know there are only 20 or so experts but I've heard of some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

9-7 for the week, making it 161-95 for the year. Think I started off strongly but it fell apart a bit around mid-season.

Looking back, that is 2 games worse showing than last season but this year I moved to picking all games before Thursday night, which definitely increases the difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Apologies, that last post came across a bit prick-ish.

I couldn't see them beating the Saints in the playoffs but they've played nobody either.

Ravens will win it, easily the best team in football.
    Good thing the nfl played those pesky play offs so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

10 - 6 brings me to 166 - 94 on the season, .638 for the year
    conor222 wrote: »
    156 - 84 coming into week 17

Packers @ Lions
    Jets @ Bills
    Dolphins @ Patriots
    Bears @ Vikings
    Chargers @ Chiefs
    Browns @ Bengals
    Saints @ Panthers
    Falcons @ Buccaneers
    Colts @ Jaguars
    Eagles @ Giants
    Cardinals @ Rams
    Steelers @ Ravens
    Titans @ Texans
    Raiders @ Broncos
    Cowboys
    49ers @ Seahawks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭boccy23

Haha, we're 14-2 and have beaten Patriots, 49ers, Packers, Texans, Bills, Rams, Seahawks and Browns. We've beaten the Steelers twice and revenged the Browns defeat. Twelve on the spin having rested Jackson loads.

Only teams I'm worried about are Saints and Chiefs.

Ouch!

conor222 wrote: »
    10 - 6 brings me to 166 - 94 on the season, .638 for the year

Congrats Conor, think that leaves you in 1st place for the season. Might need to check your sums though as there's only 256 games in a regular season.

There was another guy Fr Tierney I think who was right up there but I haven't seen him post in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Congrats Conor, think that leaves you in 1st place for the season. Might need to check your sums though as there's only 256 games in a regular season.

There was another guy Fr Tierney I think who was right up there but I haven't seen him post in a while.

Ah, I gave myself 4 extra losses (added 10-10 rather than 10-6 this week)
    166 - 90, good for .648 on the season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Packers
    Bills
    Patriots
    Vikings
    Chiefs
    Browns
    Saints
    Falcons
    Colts