Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Barr wrote: »

They are cheaper on Amazon Warehouse if you were thinking of going that route.

497289.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

That is the cheapest I've have seen that go for :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Hi all, how do you tell the mower it's driving over chippings and not to spin blades?Does it automatically not spin blades when following guidewire?
    Can it drive over 804?

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    Hi all, how do you tell the mower it's driving over chippings and not to spin blades?Does it automatically not spin blades when following guidewire?
    Can it drive over 804?

The Flymo 1200r, and I would assume it would be the same for the other in the Husqvarna group, do not spin the blades as they follow the guide wire.

I would not think that the chippings would pose that big a problem for the blades even if they did. The blades should clear the level of the chippings. I would be worried about the wheels bogging themselves down in the chippings, but the mower might be light enough not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dodgerooni

So my ebay seller cancelled the order on me,, But I'm actually delighted they did.

I wanted to go with GPL from the get go but they were 300 more than the ebay one i found.

I missed the 430X Black Friday deal but chatted with them, they were very nice and actually dropped the price to 2400 from 2890.

Shipping is free and their support is top notch!!

Hi BDP,
    Any chance you could tell me how exactly you acheived this great discount and was there any difficulty with the order?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

dodgerooni wrote: »
    Hi BDP,
    Any chance you could tell me how exactly you acheived this great discount and was there any difficulty with the order?
    Thanks.

Absolute no issues, Arrived in great time, Even a free bag of sweets thrown in.
    Mower was set up and good to go the same day.

Just use chat option (Within Business hours)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dodgerooni

Absolute no issues, Arrived in great time, Even a free bag of sweets thrown in.
    Mower was set up and good to go the same day.

Just use chat option (Within Business hours)

Thanks for that BDP. I got it off them for almost as cheap as you, but I see since then the RRP has increased in line to Irish prices.
    Can't wait for it to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

Hi lads

I have a lawn approx 6500 sqm. Looking for a robot. Found a reference on here to an ambrogio 350i that is advertised at covering up to 7000sqm.
    Rang the local rep and he tells me I need to allow 20% off that so in reality it only does 5800sqm or I'll be driving it too hard. ...

Anyone have one of these on a lawn of similar size and advise on their experience? Or any alternative for a lawn of that size?

Thanks

Frogeye

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭louis346789

I got the stihl 630 pc. It is on 7000 sqm.
    It's too much for it.
    I reckon 2 smaller ones for yours possiblly a better bet

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jashar99

Frogeye wrote: »
    Hi lads

I have a lawn approx 6500 sqm. Looking for a robot. Found a reference on here to an ambrogio 350i that is advertised at covering up to 7000sqm.
    Rang the local rep and he tells me I need to allow 20% off that so in reality it only does 5800sqm or I'll be driving it too hard. ...

Anyone have one of these on a lawn of similar size and advise on their experience? Or any alternative for a lawn of that size?

Thanks

Frogeye

I got Ambrogio elite 350i fitted during the summer, it is a fantastic machine, it cuts 2 large lawns, almost 1.6 acres, it would have taken 2 husq 450s to do it and the gist was prohibitive. Mine crosses the driveway where kerb is dropped. Fantastic machine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

I saw a robot today in b and q, 2000m sq 1500. Think it was a worx, it was orange. Is this good value?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭buzz11

Hi,
    I am trying to decide between 3 options on myrobotcentre.eu
      Yard Force LUV1000Ri - new model €899 Battery 18v/2.1Ah
      Worx Landroid M1000 (WR143E) - new model €829 Battery 29v/2.9Ah
      Gardena smart Sileno Life 750 - new model €949 Battery 20v/4.0Ah

All 3 have greater capacity than my lawn and come with 5yr warranty, which is fantastic.

Only difference appears to be battery capacity, any suggestions on what to look for when deciding between them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Thud

I got the stihl 630 pc. It is on 7000 sqm.
    It's too much for it.
    I reckon 2 smaller ones for yours possiblly a better bet
    what's the result of the mower not handling the size, patchy/long grass or just needs to be cutting constantly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

so my Automower went in for a service - first one and I have it about 3 years - it was acting up towards the end of the year - just stalling on the lawn and then eventually it just gave a constant 'lifted' error.

The dealer took it - and got a call to say there was corrosion on the main board - i'm not sure how you can protect an outdoor product against corrosion but €200 later it was replaced and dropped back.

It was put in the dock and went out and did about 30mins of cutting before heading back to charge - I noticed it didn't move again that evening so went out to check it the following morning - it was giving an error 'charging is blocked' or something to that effect. I placed it in the dock .. it started up and reversed and then stopped immediately. I lifted it up and I could see the problem then ... the cable from the charging points underneath had been sliced clean through. Whoever replaced the board obviously didn't secure the cable properly when putting it back together and it dangled down right infront of the blade.

The engineer was supposed to call today to 'have a look' .. still no sign.

I don't want to name names and rather give them a chance to sort it out - but i'm not a happy camper at the moment and for once in 3 years my perfect lawn is starting to look ragged !!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭louis346789

Thud wrote: »
    what's the result of the mower not handling the size, patchy/long grass or just needs to be cutting constantly?

Needs to be going 24/7. If a lot of rain then grass patches appear.
    Otherwise a lovely job.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Bungusbeefcake

jashar99 wrote: »
    I got Ambrogio elite 350i fitted during the summer, it is a fantastic machine, it cuts 2 large lawns, almost 1.6 acres, it would have taken 2 husq 450s to do it and the gist was prohibitive. Mine crosses the driveway where kerb is dropped. Fantastic machine

Hi Jashar99, I was looking to probably get the same one myself but the lack of reviews and whatnot was making me apprehensive. How much was yours, who did you get it off, did you install it yourself and how are you finding it?

You can PM me if thats better for you.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Hi Jashar99, I was looking to probably get the same one myself but the lack of reviews and whatnot was making me apprehensive. How much was yours, who did you get it off, did you install it yourself and how are you finding it?

You can PM me if thats better for you.

Thanks!

I'd love to know too please, I'm on the verge of buying a husqvarna 430x but like the build quality of the Ambosia, but like already mentioned there doesn't appear to be many reviews online

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭islander222

I got a text from my local huski dealer about a pre-season service.. 120e..i thought it a bit steep but just wondering what others were paying it doing for a service?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

I got a text from my local huski dealer about a pre-season service.. 120e..i thought it a bit steep but just wondering what others were paying it doing for a service?

If I remember correctly I have been quoted 140 last year

Honestly, unless you need a software update I would recommend doing the service yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 thebandit2020

rustynutz wrote: »
    I'd love to know too please, I'm on the verge of buying a husqvarna 430x but like the build quality of the Ambosia, but like already mentioned there doesn't appear to be many reviews online

Hi,

I have a bit of experience of both, the Ambrogio is very impressive, and certainly has the quality and durability - but the Husqvarna has never let me down. What size is your lawn?

Honestly, unless you need a software update I would recommend doing the service yourself.

Yeah, just did it this afternoon myself. Took the cover off and gave it a good clean and changed the blades... Took an hour. I'll leave it every second year to get the software updated.

Yeah, just did it this afternoon myself. Took the cover off and gave it a good clean and changed the blades... Took an hour. I'll leave it every second year to get the software updated.

Hi,

I have a bit of experience of both, the Ambrogio is very impressive, and certainly has the quality and durability - but the Husqvarna has never let me down. What size is your lawn?

Hi Bandit,

My lawn is like 6250-6500 m2. So much bigger than a Husky would cover, unless I spent my money on 2 of them. What is your experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Hi Bandit,

My lawn is like 6250-6500 m2. So much bigger than a Husky would cover, unless I spent my money on 2 of them. What is your experience?

I posted earlier about the Ambrogio 350 which I purchased last year. My grassed area would be a similar size and I'm happy so far with the performance and haven't had any issues after some tweaking just after installation. I purchased from Doyles in Carlow and paid List price.

Hope this helps.

Hi Bandit,

Strong recommendation is to go for the Ambrogio if you are over 5000 m2

This is the machine you need

https://monaghanhire.com/collections/ambrogio-automowers/products/ambrogio-pro-line-l350i-elite-robot-lawnmower

Strong recommendation is to go for the Ambrogio if you are over 5000 m2

This is the machine you need

https://monaghanhire.com/collections/ambrogio-automowers/products/ambrogio-pro-line-l350i-elite-robot-lawnmower

Hi Bandit,

Thats the one I was definitely thinking of. Did you install it yourself or have it installed? I spoke to one of the sellers a while back and he kept telling me that they wouldn't really do self-install.

Which one do you have and have you had any issues? Do you do updates on it yourself? I believe that this is something you can do on the Ambrogios.

Hi Bandit,

Thats the one I was definitely thinking of. Did you install it yourself or have it installed? I spoke to one of the sellers a while back and he kept telling me that they wouldn't really do self-install.

Which one do you have and have you had any issues? Do you do updates on it yourself? I believe that this is something you can do on the Ambrogios.

I don't recommend self install, unless you are well versed in the product!!

Plus whoever installs it has to stand over it

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jashar99

Davys Toolhire in Ballina installed mine, it is a huge perimeter and it travels across the driveway to cut a lawn on the opposite side so the wire was brought over the driveway. I would have been better working for the day than all the time and cost of renting a machine to do it right at the start. The machine was E3995 and the installation was very reasonable. i've been hugely impressed with it, some steep hills and large field which it handles really well. it is almost 1.75 acres we have and not a bother. what made up ( in part) my mind was the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELHsAsJooTw

on watching that and discucssing the ambrogio brand, i was happy to proceed with the L350i elite

• Advertisement

jashar99 wrote: »
    Davys Toolhire in Ballina installed mine, it is a huge perimeter and it travels across the driveway to cut a lawn on the opposite side so the wire was brought over the driveway. I would have been better working for the day than all the time and cost of renting a machine to do it right at the start. The machine was E3995 and the installation was very reasonable. i've been hugely impressed with it, some steep hills and large field which it handles really well. it is almost 1.75 acres we have and not a bother. what made up ( in part) my mind was the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELHsAsJooTw

on watching that and discucssing the ambrogio brand, i was happy to proceed with the L350i elite

If anyone is installing one, make sure you use a proper cable laying machine!

I’ve seen lads do it with a consaw - it doesn’t bury the wire far enough.

Advertisement