Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It’s a lovely clear and cold Saturday morning. All is good in the world :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Already noticing the tiniest stretch in the evenings. Nice and bright today until just after 5pm, there are daffodil stems popping up in the park and I bought lawn seed this afternoon ready to spruce up my lawn's (dog related) bald patches once February gets here. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Already noticing the tiniest stretch in the evenings. Nice and bright today until just after 5pm, there are daffodil stems popping up in the park and I bought lawn seed this afternoon ready to spruce up my lawn's (dog related) bald patches once February gets here. :)

My lawn is in bits cause of my dog too. I need to get some seed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Certainly made the most of today with a nice walk on the pier in Dun Laoghaire and then down to Sandycove. Smothering with a rotten cold since Wednesday but the sea air did me the world of good.

Lovely bright crisp winter's day. What's not to like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Heroditas wrote: »
    Lovely bright crisp winter's day. What's not to like?

One of the best things about the Jan-Mar period IMO, wrap up and enjoy the lovely walking weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

There was a definite decent stretch in the evening yesterday - helped by the fact it was a lovely clear day. We have a good few daffs starting to poke their heads up too. I went a bit mad and planted loads of them in October/November - some of them might have been too late but I'm hoping that come Easter, we'll have a lovely display of colour in the garden.

Although the rabbits have dug up a lot of them from the flower beds :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,168 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Already noticing the tiniest stretch in the evenings. Nice and bright today until just after 5pm,

Funnily enough, when leaving the office on Friday I really noticed the increased brightness. The week before I walked down to the trai station & it was pretty much dark, last week it was considerably brighter & even noticed when getting off the train it wasnt as dark... cant wait for the clocks to go forward now & we really get the benefit of brigher evenings.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

TRS30 wrote: »
    One of the best things about the Jan-Mar period IMO, wrap up and enjoy the lovely walking weather.

I agree just back from a 40 min dog free walk :pac:

A dog free walk these days are rare. But yeah it’s lovely out. Cold crisp and I even managed to see stars in the sky :)

You had a walk WITHOUT your dog?!
    You monster!

You had a walk WITHOUT your dog?!
    You monster!

In fairness he already had his walk, and he was at doggie day care (yes it's a thing!) poor guy was wiped :D

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    I agree just back from a 40 min dog free walk :pac:

A dog free walk these days are rare. But yeah it’s lovely out. Cold crisp and I even managed to see stars in the sky :)

Some amazing sunrises/sets the last couple of days as well. One of the many great things about living beside the sea, seeing the sun coming up or going down across water, is one of life's simple pressures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I got promoted :D

kitten_k wrote: »

Woohoo, congratulations Kitten K!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Oh fantastic news!! Congrats Kitten K!!! :D

Go you, great way to start the year.

Fantastic! That's great news!

Well done, that's great news. Hope it comes with a massive payrise. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Delighted for you - great start to the year :)

Another working week done (sorry to those who have to work weekends!). February is on the horizon and January is nearly done :)

Have a good one folks and enjoy Rudolph Day tomorrow..........

Another working week done (sorry to those who have to work weekends!). February is on the horizon and January is nearly done :)

Whoop Whoop! Happy Friday folks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

(((CONGRATULATIONS)))

I'll be celebrating with Indian food. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Congratulations ! I’m so excited for you Kitten!!!

Doesn't seem like a week since I posted this! Quick week.

Have a good one guys, apologies again to any weekend workers!

Come on Ireland...............

Doesn't seem like a week since I posted this! Quick week.

Have a good one guys, apologies again to any weekend workers!

Come on Ireland...............

I love this entire post.

Boss just phoned me to say I'm getting a pay rise! :D Nothing to write home about but better than nothing!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Boss just phoned me to say I'm getting a pay rise! :D Nothing to write home about but better than nothing!

That's brilliant news!! Congrats CL! :)

Great news, CheerLouth! :)

CheerLouth wrote: »

Nice one CL. Hoping to hear something similar in the next week or so. Similarly will be nothing to get excited about however better in my pocket then there's!

• Advertisement

Off work now until Monday... yay!

Advertisement