Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Russian fighters have gone 0-4 so far but now its a fight between 2 Russians!

It reminds me of the Australian card for Mark hunt's last fight. All the Aussie's lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

First round for Hardy

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Hardy doing much better than I anticipated and with a busted right hand too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Why isn't this Zabit/Kattar fight a 5 rounder? I wanted 2 more rounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I wish that was 5 rounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Kattar would have took at if it was 5 rounds, that was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Give me Yair vs Zabit next

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Zabit was excellent first 2 rounds. Kattar landed some heavy shots in the 3rd.
    Would have liked to see another 2 rounds though, was a great fight and Kattar was right back in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Be great if they did a 5 round rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Khabibs cousin tapped to a triangle and Conor has been tweeting away about it

He looked ok at first. Counter well. But obviously wants the takedown to utilise his gameplan.
    A bit of a silly mistake to get caught in the triangle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

No wonder Zabit negotiated for it to be a 3 round fight. Not first time hes gassed after 2 rounds, he could barely talk in post fight interview. Definitely struggle against top featherweights in a 5 round fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭The White Feather

spix wrote: »
    No wonder Zabit negotiated for it to be a 3 round fight. Not first time hes gassed after 2 rounds, he could barely talk in post fight interview. Definitely struggle against top featherweights in a 5 round fight.

Maybe he will sign up to the McGregorFast program?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Round 1 to Craig

Round 2 Shogun, intriguing fight

Abysmal stuff from Craig after a reasonably solid first round.

Terrible decision wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Terrible decision wtf

10-8 in round 1 isn't that outrageous, so a draw isn't that crazy. I don't know what fight the judge that gave the fight to Craig was watching, how could round 2 or 3 go to Craig?
    I thought Shogun myself though

derfderf wrote: »
    10-8 in round 1 isn't that outrageous, so a draw isn't that crazy
    Perhaps I personally didn't think enough for 10-8 thought it was an easy fight to score, Craig was very lacklustre in the following rounds blessed with the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Could see how a judge might give a 10-8 for R1 but would have it 29-28 shogun personally. The crazy one is the judge that gave R2 or R3 to Craig. Looked like he was just happy to lay there and take a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Some KO just there. Mouthpiece sent flying and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

That really was a textbook K.O.

Wasn't paying much attention but your man Muradov looked to be comfortably winning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

That looks nothing like a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Great scrap there... Think I bet on the wrong side though (Font)

Editing for 'Or not!'

Haha some head on Stamann...UNDERDOG!!

That was a weird one... Bet on him pre fight, bet on him again after the first when it looked like he won that an his opponent got docked a point @ 19/10. I got paid before the decision was made. Then they rescinded it briefly before voiding it completely... Dunno whether to feel robbed or blessed.

Thoughts on that one? I had 50 on Overeem! Can honestly see both sides of the argument. Was trying to decide what to spend my hundo on when that happened!

I don't think anyone would believe this if they didn't see it. Madness!

https://ibb.co/Cvxrv1J
    https://ibb.co/F6jVSmk

Ugh.. Dunno how to upload photos

Literal rollercoaster of emotions right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Still Ill wrote: »
    Thoughts on that one? I had 50 on Overeem! Can honestly see both sides of the argument. Was trying to decide what to spend my hundo on when that happened!

His lip was totally split and hanging off. He was dazed too. Fair enough stoppage I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I had the fight level entering the last round with two decisive, but not 10-8, rounds for Overeem and two closer rounds for Rosenstruik. Judges had Overeem winning the first four rounds.
    It was a ridic punch that ended it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Homelander

That was some beatdown in the main event. Won't give any spoilers if people are yet to watch, but it was bad.

Advertisement