Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,445 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Antares35 wrote: »
    Virtue signalling.

Whataboutery!

Mt TA is that we have a few days of glorious weather but more rain is forecast for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Antares35 wrote: »
    When you're following a decent thread and leave it for a day then go back and there are forty pages of people slinging mud at each other, accusing others of being paedophilia defenders, Holocaust deniers, strawmen, hyperbole and other general hysteria. As well as massive posts picking apart literally every point in what they've quoted. And sometimes they start out as mundane "what do you think of garden ponds" threads! :D

Quickly unfollow!

Did nobody anybody think of the children?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Have a creating for French Fancies for ages now, I can't find them anywhere.
    I think they are Mr. Kipling and he is stuck in a port somewhere.

Today in a local shop known to be expensive I find a mock fancy which is more expensive than Mr. Kipling and from about 10 miles away.

They didn't have a chocolate one and were kack!

Ta at the waste of money and that I ate them.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Things with 4 in a pack.

There's 5 of us in the family, which means buying 2 packs, and leaving 3 items over for next time. Then supplementing that with a new pack, and having 2 left over. Then another new pack, and one left over. Then next time adding a new pack, which uses them all. Then we start again. With perishable items, you can't have the spare ones hanging around.

6 in a pack would allow is to build up a surplus, or only have one go to waste. 2 or 3 in a pack would allow us to combine up to 6 easily. 4 packs are the most inefficient multiple pack possible.

Hey, it's my TA. I don't care about families of 4 or 6 or minus fifteen or a giga-bazillion. My TA is that food and goods multi-packs don't specifically cater for my situation, and I'm sticking to it.

The only sensible solution is to get rid of one of the kids. You know it makes sense and I'm sure the child chosen would understand that it was for the greater good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The only sensible solution is to get rid of one of the kids. You know it makes sense and I'm sure the child chosen would understand that it was for the greater good.

But who to choose? They're all so get-ridable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Make them fight. The loser goes.

there is always one that is worse than the others. deep in your heart you already know which one that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

When the ad for the 107mill euromillions comes on , I do it on app, forgetting I've already done it . 3 fùcking tickets with the same numbers:(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

cj maxx wrote: »
    When the ad for the 107mill euromillions comes on , I do it on app, forgetting I've already done it . 3 fùcking tickets with the same numbers:(

If it's announced there are three winners of the jackpot in Ireland.
    We'll know who it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

If it's announced there are three winners of the jackpot in Ireland. We'll know who it is.

Yeah, but would they be happy?

OK, they won over a 100 million but the thought of wasting that money on the extra lines will haunt them forever.

• Advertisement

If it's announced there are three winners of the jackpot in Ireland.
    We'll know who it is.

I hope you do !!!! :)

Yeah, but would they be happy?

OK, they won over a 100 million but the thought of wasting that money on the extra lines will haunt them forever.

You actually have a point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

RTE 1, RTE 2, the Virgin Channels and TG4 are frozen at the moment on Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭wildwillow

You could always add one new child, just be sure you don't have twins!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I have had a DVD crack on me. First time ever. Happened when I was removing from the case. Tight clasps. Was distracted when removing it and didn't apply enough pressure on the plastic teeth.

Set is out of print - two on Ebay at £48. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

branie2 wrote: »
    RTE 1, RTE 2, the Virgin Channels and TG4 are frozen at the moment on Sky.

They're back to normal now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I have had a DVD crack on me. First time ever. Happened when I was removing from the case. Tight clasps. Was distracted when removing it and didn't apply enough pressure on the plastic teeth.

Set is out of print - two on Ebay at £48. :(

What DVD was it?!

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

What DVD was it?!

Public Eye 1972-1973 series

That's the drawback of being into archive television. Most of it isn't available to stream so it's a case of collecting DVDs and BDs. Talking Pictures TV have repeated the series but are past that episode point now. There are some episodes on YouTube, not that one though.

I bought the set on release in 2009, watched it then and it's been on the shelf since. I started a re-watch a couple of weeks ago (one episode every Tuesday). It has only gone out of print in last year or two - hence the crazy second hand prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The "discover" section on Snapchat, the absolute worst of clickbait sh!te

• Registered Users Posts: 24,841 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The about 10 twats in their late teens, early 20’s locked off their faces...in mega fûckin fake D4 accents roaring their heads off at full volume at 1.10 am.. outside my place... and now gone further up the road... still audible, now approaching back this way as I type, kicking or knocking over bins that have been left for collection ffs.... 1 girl crying, now... roaring “ I don’t want to fücking talk to him”....

How about, it’s 1.15 am, nobody wants you roaring or talking to any fûck head in the street at that level at fûcking 1.15 am, so please take yourself and your fûckin miserable goonshow, goonsquad hystrionics and FÛCK OFF !!!! Back to those who failed at raising you...Grrrrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Why would anyone cut a pizza into six slices? It's awkward and effortful in general. But why in the name of GOD would you do it when there are four people sharing a couple of pizzas???

I live with a bunch of illogical heathens. Don't even get me started on how they load the dishwasher.

That would depend on the number of pizzas and the number of people. If (number of pizzas)X(slices per pizza) can be evenly divided by the number of people then everything is ok. e.g. 2 pizzas X 6 slices per pizza = 12 slices. If there are 3 people then there are 4 slices per person, if there are 4 people they each get 3 slices, but if there are 5 people then there's trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

Posted an item before the post left Fri even hoping it to arrive for a birthday Today. Check the tracking yesterday and it's out for delivery in Dublin - the muppets posted it back to me to my return address:confused: I had to call and ask them to call the postman to get it brought back to the centre and resend it to the actual address up the country (which was clearly noted as the "send to" address!) . So now it's late even though I posted it early :(

Also, had 2 small cans of cider which I don't usually drink and have a full on migraine kicking in.

I reset all the clocks ( watch , house ,car ,) apart from one . My alarm clock . :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Strumms wrote: »
    The about 10 twats in their late teens, early 20’s locked off their faces...in mega fûckin fake D4 accents roaring their heads off at full volume at 1.10 am.. outside my place... and now gone further up the road... still audible, now approaching back this way as I type, kicking or knocking over bins that have been left for collection ffs.... 1 girl crying, now... roaring “ I don’t want to fücking talk to him”....

How about, it’s 1.15 am, nobody wants you roaring or talking to any fûck head in the street at that level at fûcking 1.15 am, so please take yourself and your fûckin miserable goonshow, goonsquad hystrionics and FÛCK OFF !!!! Back to those who failed at raising you...Grrrrrr.

Pellet guns are your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

F*cking everything today. The baby decides to wake early then sits crying because she's still tired. So now we're all tired, and it isn't socially acceptable to cry about it at my age (though I did anyway). Cat messing around with her food again, back to vets this afternoon. I'm sick of that place to be honest. Trying to work in between all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Strumms wrote: »

so please take yourself and your fûckin miserable goonshow, goonsquad hystrionics and FÛCK OFF !!

:D:D

That would depend on the number of pizzas and the number of people. If (number of pizzas)X(slices per pizza) can be evenly divided by the number of people then everything is ok. e.g. 2 pizzas X 6 slices per pizza = 12 slices. If there are 3 people then there are 4 slices per person, if there are 4 people they each get 3 slices, but if there are 5 people then there's trouble.
    No No No. When I saw that TA I imagined cutting a pizza. And it was always 4/8/16. 6 is just strange :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

There’s a one doing a voiceover for a car ad on radio, KIA I think.
    She sounds like she is selling tickets for a lap dancing club.

TA'd that time has lost all meaning. I was convinced that today was April 1st and I couldn't understand why I hadn't seen any april fools stories. Last friday I was convinced that monday was a bank holiday. TA'd at the temporal anomalies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA'd that time has lost all meaning. I was convinced that today was April 1st and I couldn't understand why I hadn't seen any april fools stories. Last friday I was convinced that monday was a bank holiday. TA'd at the temporal anomalies.

Maybe the whole country has conspired to fool you personally?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement