Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Wisdom teeth.

Like, what is the actual point of them? Random extra teeth that turn up in adulthood like "Surprise, bitches, we're here to fcuk up the expensive orthodontistry your parents paid for and generally make life miserable every few months for the next couple of years".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

*squints*...

Rec
    laimed paper
    -infused pla
    nt-based material
    which is compo
    sed of bio
    hazardous waste.

[Insert tiny, non-standardised random logo here]

Fukkit, I'll just leave me coffee cup on a shelf somewhere n' let someone else decipher what can be done with it. And the lid. (That's my next suspicion - recyclable plastics being contaminated with biodegradable lids)

Uif2.gif

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching a history programme about John Wilkes Booth. TA , a history professor calls him an assainater?? not assassin. American or course :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Having buried a cat less than a week ago, the next one down (in age) is now starting to f*ck around with her food. I'm just so done with cats starving themselves on my watch :( Christ on a bike what does it take to get a cat to eat?!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,366 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Antares35 wrote: »
    Having buried a cat less than a week ago, the next one down (in age) is now starting to f*ck around with her food. I'm just so done with cats starving themselves on my watch :( Christ on a bike what does it take to get a cat to eat?!

One of our will only eat meat such as freshly cooked chicken, beef, turkey or lamb.
    She may eat it the second day but she’d be doing you a favor.
    Cat food doesn’t go down well at all.

• Advertisement

One of our will only eat meat such as freshly cooked chicken, beef, turkey or lamb.
    She may eat it the second day but she’d be doing you a favor.
    Cat food doesn’t go down well at all.

I don't think there's a food we haven't tried. And she's f*cking with my head now. She looks to see if I'm watching her eating and if she sees me, she stops. Is it some kind of performance anxiety? I've gone mad, hiding around corners like a creep watching her eat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I know nothing about cats so not qualified to give advice. But would treating the cat like an attention seeking child and not offer alternatives and let the cat get on with eating when it's hungry.

For all I know it may just go on hunger strike but it might be worth a try.

Or perhaps it's missing the one who died and is distressed.

Not your fault anyway as you seem to go way beyond the call of duty for your cats.

wildwillow wrote: »
    I know nothing about cats so not qualified to give advice. But would treating the cat like an attention seeking child and not offer alternatives and let the cat get on with eating when it's hungry.

For all I know it may just go on hunger strike but it might be worth a try.

Or perhaps it's missing the one who died and is distressed.

Not your fault anyway as you seem to go way beyond the call of duty for your cats.

Thanks WW. It's funny because I literally just said that to OH. I took up her uneaten food and she's getting nothing until tomorrow. I don't know if I'm just TAd with her or I genuinely think this could be a strategy but let's see how it goes :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not a good idea, cats who don't eat even for a relatively short time can quickly develop liver lipidosis which can be fatal. Antares, I think another trip to the vets for advice is in your cards...

New Home wrote: »
    Not a good idea, cats who don't eat even for a relatively short time can quickly develop liver lipidosis which can be fatal. Antares, I think another trip to the vets for advice is in your cards...

She was literally at the vets five hours ago. :(

Unrelated TA, those three people who absconded from quarantine!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

1) :(
    2) :mad:

Sent an acquaintance I barely know a friend request on facebook and they haven't accepted it. ****ing bitch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Batteries in the TV remote gone dead and of course there is no buttons on the TV to change hdmi inputs, so I get up and put in some new batteries. Turn on the xbox and of course the battery in the xbox controller is dead so I've to get up again to get the spare battery. I hate batteries, they are either dead or about to go dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

I am sorry to know of your loss. I know nothing of owning cats, but could you try a broth if they drink ok?Maybe a chicken or even a bone broth?

I am sorry to know of your loss. I know nothing of owning cats, but could you try a broth if they drink ok?Maybe a chicken or even a bone broth?

Been trying that but it's the volume I'm worried about. She "tries" everything then it offends her very quickly and she looks at it with contempt. TA cats and their notions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Olivia2 wrote: »
    Sent an acquaintance I barely know a friend request on facebook and they haven't accepted it. ****ing bitch :D

I sent someone I know very well a friend request over a year ago, and they haven't accepted it. And I know they've been on FB, because I've seen them comment on a mutual friend's post. I guess I should take the hint.

But my actual TA regarding FB friend requests is the random people you don't know, and who don't know any of your friends, that FB throws up as suggestions. Idly scrolling down my timeline with one thumb a couple of weeks ago, I accidently hit "Add Friend" for some random young traveller girl from Limerick. Luckily I spotted that I'd done it, and was able to recall the request immediately - hopefully before she got a notification. I don't particularly want to have to explain myself to any irate parents or boyfriends.

I hate Facebook lurkers, the ones who are friends with you but never interact with anything you post. I've an aunt who was FB friends with me and I noticed that she had stopped liking/ commenting on my posts. I left it about six months and didn't say anything. Then I figured one day sure if she isn't following me or whatever then she won't even notice if I unfriend her, and if she does notice that I unfriended her it means she is watching my profile but deliberately not interacting which to me is so bítchy I figured she'd be no loss anyway. So, I unfriended her... And immediately got a friend request from her... Which I've ignored :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Been trying that but it's the volume I'm worried about. She "tries" everything then it offends her very quickly and she looks at it with contempt. TA cats and their notions.

Could she be grieving the other cat?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Virgin Media ads a minute before rugby kick off.

Could she be grieving the other cat?

I don't think so no. She's been diagnosed with an illness and only UCD can treat. Unfortunately takes two weeks for the radioactive isotope to arrive and I'm just panicking thinking about the wait. A cat can self inflict a lot of damage in two weeks. :(

• Advertisement

TA the wind outside is so loud, I have to turn up the volume of the wind machine inside to block out the noise of the wind outside so it doesn't wake the baby. It just seems so stupid...

Rock a by baby up the tree top
    When the wind blows the cradle will rock...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I hate Facebook lurkers, the ones who are friends with you but never interact with anything you post. I've an aunt who was FB friends with me and I noticed that she had stopped liking/ commenting on my posts. I left it about six months and didn't say anything. Then I figured one day sure if she isn't following me or whatever then she won't even notice if I unfriend her, and if she does notice that I unfriended her it means she is watching my profile but deliberately not interacting which to me is so bítchy I figured she'd be no loss anyway. So, I unfriended her... And immediately got a friend request from her... Which I've ignored :D

Man if I could delete my Facebook account right now I would. Having friends/family that rely on the platform to keep in contact with me prevents me from doing so.

I remember I deactivated my account once, about 7 or 8 years ago, and a cousin of mine freaked out because she thought I deleted her, then I had other family members asking me why I deactivated it. I was even asked if I was okay.

TA that Facebook/social media is seemingly like an addictive drug that everyone relies on to LIVE.

Another TA. I hate that my clock is tricking me into thinking I'm up waaaay too late when literally half an hour ago it was 12.57am. Damn daylight savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Vita nova

TA that we still have to put the clocks forward an hour. I just glanced at my PC clock and was wondering where did the last hour go until I realised that the clocks had gone forward.

I was hoping that the bi-annual clock changes would be gone by now considering the European Parliament supported scrapping them a few years ago.

Edit: I see Gamer Bhoy 89 just got in before me on this particular TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Our cat didn’t have the decency to respect the hour moving forward - she was at the foot of the bed at 7.00am looking to go outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Olivia2 wrote: »

I accepted a friend request from someone i knew years ago.Nice to catch up.

No,she spent the last few days "liking"pictures from years ago.She must have had a good nosey through.
    So i unfriended her.:D

dubstarr wrote: »
    I accepted a friend request from someone i knew years ago.Nice to catch up.

No,she spent the last few days "liking"pictures from years ago.She must have had a good nosey through.
    So i unfriended her.:D

ugh I hate that!
    I allowed a hiking friend of mine access to my FB profile in order to share hiking photos. But he went through all my photos from years back, asking the names of my 3 sisters and where they lived etc. Hate that, its so invasive! I'd never dream of doing that :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I don't think there's a food we haven't tried. And she's f*cking with my head now. She looks to see if I'm watching her eating and if she sees me, she stops. Is it some kind of performance anxiety? I've gone mad, hiding around corners like a creep watching her eat :D
    It might be grief, which I know is no comfort to you when she is not eating, is she an outdoor cat?
    Could she be eating in someone else's house?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

ugh I hate that!
    I allowed a hiking friend of mine access to my FB profile in order to share hiking photos. But he went through all my photos from years back, asking the names of my 3 sisters and where they lived etc. Hate that, its so invasive! I'd never dream of doing that :mad:
    Is this for real? Did they hack you to see them, or had you them available in an almost public domain?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Is this for real? Did they hack you to see them, or had you them available in an almost public domain?

Most people would have their photos visible to friends ime

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement