Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hassled in work over toilet breaks?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭SteM

OP, are you on one of your constitutionals right now? Get back on the floor will you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Khumatmibro

SteM wrote: »
    OP, are you on one of your constitutionals right now? Get back on the floor will you?

Haha I'm actually on my hour break at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

Anyone challenges you OP, you know what to do.

Tell them

"Come at me brah"

Square up to them then, it'll fix everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

If you aren't a troll why are you ignoring the questions posed re covid?

petes wrote: »

Please stick to the topic matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

petes wrote: »
    Cos Karen's don't believe n COVID.

Evidence #2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Is the op a re-reg? I remember a similar daft thread about an issue working in a supermarket a few months ago. The op was let go and felt hard done by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

It's well known that the CCTV is used to catch staff talking etc. Most of my colleagues know I am a great worker and wouldn't report me for something trivial like that, especially when most of them spend ages chatting in the stockroom instead of packing like they are supposed to.

CCTV is not allowed to be used to track staff breaks or going to the toilet, thats a clear Data Protection breach.

You need to report it to your union , if your in retail, Mandate or Siptu

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Please stick to the topic matter.

It is the topic if you are in work when you should be isolating. Can you answer why you are in work if you should be isolating?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I think you are vastly overestimating how seriously retail staff in my job take their job.

Nobody wants to work with a lazy c###, theres a huge pool of people out there who want to work and only s## t once a day and even then it's less than 5 minutes,

• Advertisement

Dav010 wrote: »
    Is the op a re-reg? I remember a similar daft thread about an issue working in a supermarket a few months ago. The op was let go and felt hard done by.

No I've worked here for about 3 years now. It's a college job, hopefully it'll not be for much longer as I've no desire to pack shelves for a career.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Did you do a medical before starting work? Did you highlight this alleged "illness" to your employer or try to hide it (if it exists at all, which I think we all know it doesn't).

You're a freeloader. A dosser. And expecting that they should pay for your medical appointments? There is no reason a company doctor should have to be used.

And then the COVID nonsense. If I was your employer you'd be out on your ear. Full of shít is right and probably never take a dump at home, on your own time.

kravmaga wrote: »
    CCTV is not allowed to be used to track staff breaks or going to the toilet, thats a clear Data Protection breach.

Thank you, I'm not in the union but I think I'll join this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Fcukin nonsense the lot of it.

No I've worked here for about 3 years now. It's a college job, hopefully it'll not be for much longer as I've no desire to pack shelves for a career.
    Yeah it sounds like it's too much hard work for you alright.. .. ..

Did you do a medical before starting work? Did you highlight this alleged "illness" to your employer or try to hide it (if it exists at all, which I think we all know it doesn't).

You're a freeloader. A dosser. And expecting that they should pay for your medical appointments? There is no reason a company doctor should have to be used.

And then the COVID nonsense. If I was your employer you'd be out on your ear. Full of shít is right.

I didn't claim to have an illness you nut job.

Probably because my diet is rich in nutrients and fiber unlike most of my co workers whose diet consists of cigarettes and coffee.

Thank you, I'm not in the union but I think I'll join this week.

Its €17 a month from your wages , you okay with that?

Probably because my diet is rich in nutrients and fiber unlike most of my co workers whose diet consists of cigarettes and coffee.
    I dunno, you certainly seem to have a case of verbal diarrhoea! Worth checking out !

jaxxx wrote: »
    Yeah it sounds like it's too much hard work for you alright.. .. ..

No it's not "too much work" I'd like to see you work weekends and evenings and then go home to complete assignments on top of that.

The staff are treated horribly here, hence why no one gives a damn.

Its €17 a month from your wages , you okay with that?

Is it really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭beerguts

OP let's dig deeper into this. On the Bristol stool chart what would you classify the turd as, loose or solid enough to support a retaining wall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

Haha I'm actually on my hour break at the minute.
    And yet you've been posting for the last 90 minutes

And then the COVID nonsense. If I was your employer you'd be out on your ear. Full of shít is right and probably never take a dump at home, on your own time.

You've some neck to call me a dosser and you with over 5000 posts here. It must be great getting to sit around posting on forums all day while our taxes pay for your dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Be right back

wench wrote: »
    And yet you've been posting for the last 90 minutes

Probably on another toilet break!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Rrrright. You don't have an illness, yet you claim to have the problems below and even agree that you may need to see a doctor (at someone else's expense, of course).
    I'm currently working part time in a large Irish supermarket. Was called up to the office yesterday regarding my trips to the toilet where they proceeded to tell me how many times and for how long I used the toilet last weekend. I'm not sure if this is legal to begin with as that information could have only been confirmed via CCTV.

I usually go to the toilet at most 2-3 times over an 8 hour shift and no for no longer than 20 minutes at a time. I really can't help it, anytime I eat I usually have to do a number 2 within the next hour or two. Is there any law I can point refer to in order to stop them harassing me in work.
    Never more than 3 times. I honestly have no problem going during my breaks but it just never falls that way. I usually eat at the beginning of my break and tend to need to go anywhere from 60-90 minutes after.
    I will maybe check with the doctor but I'm not really concerned with my diet. I purposely eat a lot of fiber as it tends to be an area most people are lacking.

I've worked with his kind before, "toilet break" usually means they've gone for a smoke, expect everyone else to carry them, usually cry or tell some made up sob story if they are pulled up on it, end up he'll probably feign an injury and go off on the sick indefinitely

Rrrright. You don't have an illness, yet you claim to have the problems below and even agree that you may need to see a doctor (at someone else's expense, of course).

I did not say that. Someone said that they could send me to a doctor and I'd have to go. I said I'd have no problem going to a doctor if they were going to compensate me for my time. Frankly it would be a waste of time because I'm as fit and healthy as a butchers dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

kravmaga wrote: »

You are partially right.

CCTV can and is often used for health and safety reasons when an employee goes missing.

You want to know where they are in case there is medical emergency or accident etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

If your diet is that fibre rich you shouldn't need 20 minutes to have a bowel motion. In fact if it's that packed with fibre a couple of minutes should do you just fine. Perhaps you have an undiagnosed bowel condition if It takes you that long with so much fibre.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

I've worked with his kind before, "toilet break" usually means they've gone for a smoke, expect everyone else to carry them, usually cry or tell some made up sob story if they are pulled up on it, end up he'll probably feign an injury and go off on the sick indefinitely

You wouldn't catch me with a cigarette or vape near my mouth, absolutely disgusting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement