Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hassled in work over toilet breaks?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

wench wrote: »
    And yet you've been posting for the last 90 minutes

Well spotted. 1hr40 mins now at this stage. It's a big one. PUSH! One more PUSH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I've worked with his kind before, "toilet break" usually means they've gone for a smoke, expect everyone else to carry them, usually cry or tell some made up sob story if they are pulled up on it, end up he'll probably feign an injury and go off on the sick indefinitely

Anyone who's ever worked retails has experienced some toss pot like you describe - another reason why everyone should experience retail work at least once in their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

You've some neck to call me a dosser and you with over 5000 posts here. It must be great getting to sit around posting on forums all day while our taxes pay for your dole.

You have got to be careful about playing that “our taxes” card, particularly when your third level tuition fees are publicly funded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

eat more fibre

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Khumatmibro

jaxxx wrote: »
    Anyone who's ever worked retails has experienced some toss pot like you describe - another reason why everyone should experience retail work at least once in their lives.

You wouldn't believe how lazy some people are in here.

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    You are partially right.

CCTV can and is often used for health and safety reasons when an employee goes missing.

You want to know where they are in case there is medical emergency or accident etc.

I may be mistaken, but it can also be used to monitor productivity, but this must be outlined to employees.

You wouldn't believe how lazy some people are in here.

Already eating about 30g a day which is plenty.

I did not say that. Someone said that they could send me to a doctor and I'd have to go. I said I'd have no problem going to a doctor if they were going to compensate me for my time. Frankly it would be a waste of time because I'm as fit and healthy as a butchers dog.

So why are you spending 12.5% of your shift on the jacks?

You've some neck to call me a dosser and you with over 5000 posts here. It must be great getting to sit around posting on forums all day while our taxes pay for your dole.

5900 posts over 5 years and 2 months, roughly translates to 3 posts per day. You joined today and already have 40 posts nearly. So you're well on your way!

Dav010 wrote: »
    I may be mistaken, but it can also be used to monitor productivity, but this must be outlined to employees.

I'm pretty sure you're mistaken, this isn't North Korea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Could easily be.

Yip, can be used to monitor behaviour and performance, but must be outlined to employees.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/data_protection_at_work/surveillance_of_electronic_communications_in_the_workplace.html

You have got to be careful about playing that “our taxes” card, particularly when your third level tuition fees are publicly funded.

Actually they're not as this is my second degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I think you need to look up the definition of paid employment,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

This thread is just about what you can do and your rights to do what you want to do. We have all met and worked with these types. Its rarely a pleasurable experience.

Just because others are slacking does not mean you should do it too.

Step up!

In bolloxology? Ah sure you've a PhD in that already no?

The CCTV is a moot point and a diversionary tactic being used by the OP. In a busy job like a warehouse packer multiple prolonged "toilet" breaks like would be glaringly obvious to all and wouldn't need to be spotted on CCTV.

First time, full time undergraduate courses, second time round you pay yourself. Doesn’t change the fact that you benefitted first time around.

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    This thread is just about what you can do and your rights to do what you want to do. We have all met and worked with these types. Its rarely a pleasurable experience.

Step up!

In not slacking. I do my work and most importantly don't leave work for others.

You've admitted to all that you are slacking to the tune of an hour a day.

• Advertisement

First time, full time undergraduate courses, second time round you pay yourself. Doesn’t change the fact that you benefitted first time around.

Well isn't it better that the tax money went toward finding a degree as opposed to me sitting on the dole and having a rake of children who will all need to be provided for by the state. I also worked throughout the first degree and didn't receive any Susi grants. I certainly know which I'd rather my taxes be spent on.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭beerguts

This is the best wind up artist on boards in a long while
    Congrats Sir you have earned your beef flavoured pot noodle ya clown. Not log off and think up more ****e where you are the victim

Well when it comes to your activities at work it is North Korea ;)

Now the employer doesn't have to use his powers against you, but when the time comes they can.

All your work emails etc can be monitored, not to mention Internet browsing history etc.

You have to read your contract and employee handbooks and all other literature to see the extent of possibilities.

Most are not used on day to day basis at all, but when employee starts taking a piss they can use their powers ;)

Kaisr Sose wrote: »

Step up!

OP seems to be oblivious to the possibility of his slacking escalating to violence, suppose it would literally be getting the sh1t kicked out of him

Well what do you suggest I do instead? Hold it in? Reduce my fibre intake ?

On the second point yes that would be great wouldn't it increase my likelihood of GI cancers, high cholesterol etc in the future by not rating enough fibre to simply squeeze out a tiny bit more productivity from me in my supermarket job.

On the second point yes that would be great wouldn't it increase my likelihood of GI cancers, high cholesterol etc in the future by not rating enough fibre to simply squeeze out a tiny bit more productivity from me in my supermarket job.

You are full of fibre :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Looks like your 60min lunch break is over. Best get back to supporting your teamates.

See you in about 20mins or so?

If your problem is serious, social media is not the fix.
    Go to Doctor on your time to explain your frequency
    Share details with employer

Oh, and you may want to tell the GP you had Covid last week too, worked through it and everything is cool. After all, you are as healthy as a butchers dog.

Well isn't it better that the tax money went toward finding a degree as opposed to me sitting on the dole and having a rake of children who will all need to be provided for by the state. I also worked throughout the first degree and didn't receive any Susi grants. I certainly know which I'd rather my taxes be spent on.

Child benefit is universal, even billionaires qualify,

wonski wrote: »
    Well when it comes to your activities at work it is North Korea ;)

Now the employer doesn't have to use his powers against you, but when the time comes they can.

All your work emails etc can be monitored, not to mention Internet browsing history etc.

You have to read your contract and employee handbooks and all other literature to see the extent of possibilities.

Most are not used on day to day basis at all, but when employee starts taking a piss they can use their powers ;)

Yes because supermarket floor staff require computers and work emails etc lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Be right back

And replying to himself or herself!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement