Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

northgirl wrote: »
    I've said it already but I'm so damned stupid to think someone liked me. Feel like such an idiot.

You're not an idiot NG , far from it !!
    You know/knew he likes you , but that it had complications , on his behalf .

That doesn't make you an idiot for making your interest clear to him , not in the slightest . Don't doubt yourself girl , you're worth more than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BilboBagOfCans

I've said it already but I'm so damned stupid to think someone liked me. Feel like such an idiot.

We've all been there, it sucks but you're not an idiot!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BilboBagOfCans

We're out of sweets :( I'm not hungry but that's not the point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Janey don't beat yourself up over it NG, easy to misread/be misled.
    dubstarr wrote: »
    Ah dont feel like that[hugs]
    Far from it, there the stupid ones

*Hugs*
    kfallon wrote: »
    Cop on, you are far from stupid and certainly not an idiot!
    Now have some more chocolate for extra endorphins :p
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    You're not an idiot NG , far from it !!
    You know/knew he likes you , but that it had complications , on his behalf .

That doesn't make you an idiot for making your interest clear to him , not in the slightest . Don't doubt yourself girl , you're worth more than that!
    We've all been there, it sucks but you're not an idiot!

Thanks all, appreciate it. I know you're right deep down. I think a small part of me was hoping for a text today. I can be a tad fatalistic.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

No . You are not an idiot at all . Head up and look straight ahead and never think you are stupid for getting something wrong .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The Young Offenders Xmas episode was absolutely appalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Watching Love Actually, again, in bed, glass of wine, happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Snowflakes offended by words which have been hijacked for derogatory slang use; so much so that the best Christmas song of all, Fairytale Of New York, is no longer played.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

auspicious wrote: »
    Snowflakes offended by words which have been hijacked for derogatory slang use; so much so that the best Christmas song of all, Fairytale Of New York, is no longer played.

I read an article online (I was bored!!) where the Spice Girls are changing the words to Spice Up Your Life as "yellow man in Timbuktu" is now racist.

What the f.... ??????

In other news we had to suffer the PC version of Baby It's Cold Outside in work - "I really can't stay" - "and I respect your decision" etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

I read an article online (I was bored!!) where the Spice Girls are changing the words to Spice Up Your Life as "yellow man in Timbuktu" is now racist.

What the f.... ??????

In other news we had to suffer the PC version of Baby It's Cold Outside in work - "I really can't stay" - "and I respect your decision" etc.

Yep it's a joke!
    If you allow a fragile soceity, well, it breaks easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,462 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Are you sure? I heard it loads of times in shops and on the radio over the past few weeks. What stations have actually banned it?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

jk23 wrote: »
    At least you weren’t unfollowed on Instagram after posting a stock photo happy Christmas image on your profile! What a day to do it!!

Ah, you know what Scrooge is like...
    Far from it, there the stupid ones

*Hugs*

Hmmm..... Northgirl, how do you feel about cats?

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to quote Seph's post...

New Home wrote: »
    Ah, you know what Scrooge is like...

Hmmm..... Northgirl, how do you feel about cats?

I'm a dog lover but I'm heading that way it would seem..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Children's birthday parties are like an episode of Black Mirror these days. All the little commodities lined up at some play centre for their nuggets/sausages while their owners snap away relentlessly as if it were feeding time at the zoo. It's weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

The absolute fcukin gobsh1te that he is Ronan keating started that sh1te when he wouldn't sing the words.he should have been told if you're not willing to sing the song as it was written rev up and fcuk off.nobody wants to hear your watered down horse sh1te

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

To be fair to Ronan Keating he could easily lose his fanbase by using the original lyrics. Shane Mcgowan fans on the other hand wouldn't give a crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    To be fair to Ronan Keating he could easily lose his fanbase by using the original lyrics. Shane Mcgowan fans on the other hand wouldn't give a crap.

That's true. But I wonder why did he bother covering that song?
    Like why bother trying to cover one of the best songs ever when you have no chance of making it 'better'?
    And then to change the words of it too - sacrilege!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What the f.... ??????

How is that racist :confused:?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I felt a bit strange going to bed last night. I thought it was the Christmas jumper I had on that was making me itchy but I woke up about two hours later, rash all over and lips like sausages. Had to drive myself to west doc where the doctor was waiting at the door with an epi pen. I’ve loads of allergies and would usually carry one but didn’t have one with me at this time. Not sure what caused the reaction, some are saying it was the prawns personally myself I think it was mass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Someone trying to hack into all my social media accounts, the same week that my card details were stolen :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

When someone decides to hoover during the best part of the film and the remote needs new batteries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm cold. Sitting beside a stove stuffed with blazing firewood and I'm cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Trying to change to a new phone. S5 - S8. I suppose it's easy when you know how. SIM card is a different size too. I'll leave it til tomorrow to sort out when I'm here on my own for a few hours and have a bit of time to sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

razorblunt wrote: »
    The Young Offenders Xmas episode was absolutely appalling.

Xmas specials are usually sh1t, with few exceptions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Visitors calling later feck sake I just want a quiet day at home.
    Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Trying to change to a new phone. S5 - S8. I suppose it's easy when you know how. SIM card is a different size too. I'll leave it til tomorrow to sort out when I'm here on my own for a few hours and have a bit of time to sort it.

Nano sim? if it is take it to any phone shop and they should be able to resize it for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A mate has just done that on WhatsApp. He's 60 something! No shame!

Someone of an age to know better sent me pics of what he got to me via pm, then followed inexplicably by a pic of a bottle of wine and then a pic of a pavalova.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Sore jaw for the past few days and a nicely developing cough thats kept me up all night. So I'm grumpy and tired and dunno what to do with myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Gwynplaine wrote: »

That should be quite simple...

https://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/

If your old phone has an older android version you can try Kies as well.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/kies/

If you want to cut the Sim card you’ll find a lot of videos online. Otherwise just ask in a shop. I’m sure they can help for small money and within a few minutes.

Have fun with it...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Parents in law around for 2 days since yesterday morning. I'm going camping on the sun next Christmas.

Parents in law around for 2 days since yesterday morning. I'm going camping on the sun next Christmas.

Me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,230 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Getting sick of Christmas very fast now.

Playing happy families can only last so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

That one posh family member that shows up once a year.. you really shouldn't have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My memory is muck. People saying hello to me while out on a walk and me with no idea who they are.
    Smiling inanely at everyone to avoid offending any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

My memory is muck. People saying hello to me while out on a walk and me with no idea who they are. Smiling inanely at everyone to avoid offending any.

That is a TH for me when I do it to someone and I can see the lost look on their face, but a major TA when I am on the receiving end.

Bad Pizza.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Trying to apply for a job.

Must have registered for company's website twice before, on both my main email accounts, as neither will allow me to register with these accounts. But damned if I know my username or password for either, and I think I have the security questions right, but evidently not as they're not resending me my password. It's a sign the job's not for me, right?

quickbeam wrote: »
    Trying to apply for a job.

Must have registered for company's website twice before, on both my main email accounts, as neither will allow me to register with these accounts. But damned if I know my username or password for either, and I think I have the security questions right, but evidently not as they're not resending me my password. It's a sign the job's not for me, right?

Yes! sounds dodgey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Still have no chocolate Kimberley’s :(

I have to console myself with my galaxy selection box :D

What's going on? Dunnes and Tesco were both closed today.

You really NEED to get some Kimberley's - and now I HAVE to get some too :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Yes! sounds dodgey.

Nah, it's the dodgey ones that hire me. The legit ones don't wanna know me. :)

I honestly want one so badly because I have none, would it be a good excuse to eat 5?
    I earned them by waiting so long? :D

I suspose I could test them for ye to make sure there good quality ones :3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

The absolute fcukin gobsh1te that he is Ronan keating started that sh1te when he wouldn't sing the words.he should have been told if you're not willing to sing the song as it was written rev up and fcuk off.nobody wants to hear your watered down horse sh1te
    He should've have been told to rev up and fcuk off as soon as he expressed interest in covering it. His version is an abomination.

I honestly want one so badly because I have none, would it be a good excuse to eat 5?

Better make it 6 just to be on the safe , as you could fall down from the hunger :3

Better make it 6 just to be on the safe , as you could fall down from the hunger :3

I second that. It's unlucky to eat an odd number so make it 6 or 8 or 10 or... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    He should've have been told to rev up and fcuk off as soon as he expressed interest in covering it. His version is an abomination.

True

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

No one has mentioned Dire Straits "Money for nothing" song, Fa**ot is mentioned 3 times in it,

Its on the naughty list too is it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Have a box here you can have. Hasn't been touched and we are all od'd on food

Headache incoming.
    quickbeam wrote: »
    The legit ones don't wanna know me. :)

They will when I'm done with them!

*rolls up sleeves*

:pac:

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Have a box here you can have. Hasn't been touched and we are all od'd on food

Very kind of you, I’m about to basically inhale a galaxy caramel though :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement