Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tommy Robinson jailed

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,561 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Was there pal. Why would I lie. Support for Tommy Robinson was amazing.

No proof then. Ok.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Was there pal. Why would I lie. Support for Tommy Robinson was amazing.

No proof then. Ok.
    Look at the video pal. That was taken at the protest in June. Says it all. Crowd of supporters who hate paedophiles supporting Tommy. Very catchy tune as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,561 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Look at the video pal. That was taken at the protest in June. Says it all. Crowd of supporters who hate paedophiles supporting Tommy. Very catchy tune as well.

Looks small enough though it seems many of the dregs of English society turned out though.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Looks small enough though it seems many of the dregs of English society turned out though.
    Support from Australia where song writer lives was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Look at the video pal. That was taken at the protest in June. Says it all. Crowd of supporters who hate paedophiles brown people supporting Tommy. Very catchy tune as well.

Fixed your post. It's more accurate now.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    Look at the video pal. That was taken at the protest in June. Says it all. Crowd of supporters who hate paedophiles brown people supporting Tommy. Very catchy tune as well.

Whatever ! You are entitled to your views same as I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,136 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Billy86 wrote: »
    OK, here you go... a quick list of some pedophiles in the English Defense League that Tommy Robinson founded:

1. Richard Price, co-founder
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/far-right-hero-is-a-convicted-paedophile-z6pb87rr2q5

2. Leigh McMillan
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/edl-english-defence-league-leigh-mcmillan-jailed-paedophile-old-bailey-a8231231.html

3. John Broomfield
    https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/9094012.former-swanage-soldier-jailed-for-child-abuse-images/

4 & 5. Robert Ewing & Gareth Dewhurst
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-46182310

6. Peter Gillett
    https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/tommy-robinson-ignores-former-edl-members-child-sex-abuse

7. James Andrew Swindlehurst
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-34879036

8. Kristopher Allan, SDL
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/nazi-thug-who-chanted-allah-7915998

9 & 10. Michael Kinnear & Caroline Shaw
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-34556161

11. Brett Moses
    https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/pervert-made-canada-trip-to-meet-girl-13-1-2575182

12. Alan Boulter
    https://lincolnshirereporter.co.uk/2017/02/jailed-paedophile-hunters-snare-grimsby-man-live-facebook/

13. Matthew Woodward
    https://theukdatabase.com/2012/10/01/matthew-woodward-connahs-quay/

14. Paul Whiteside
    https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/edl-leader-paul-whiteside-who-496637

15. Mark Sleman
    https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/paedophile-hunt-english-defence-league-supporter-mark-sleman-1430500

16. Kane Hutchison
    https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/ex-football-coach-kane-hutchison-14289816

And that's before getting into the likes of Trevor Vinson, Alan Ellis, Dale Hewitt, Luke Atkinson, Bradley Alford, Michael McQueenie, and on and on it goes.

The EDL are riddled with pedophiles, from the rank and file all the way up to the very top, and have been since the day they were co-founded by one.

So why is it that Tommy Robinson and his supporters, both here and in general, don't seem to care one bit about the very clear pedophilia problem amongst their own peers?

Nobody going to address the above.....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Robinson has been a member of a fascist political party, joined another party led by ex-NF people, hangs around with white supremacists at home and abroad, hangs around with paedophiles, calls black women “so ugly a Syrian refugee wouldn’t rape her”, refers to Somalians as “backward savages”, refers to ordinary Muslims as “enemy combatants wanting to kill you and your family” and has convictions for drunken violence and affray and has recently set his supporters on the Rape Crisis Centre.

But what proof does anyone have that he’s a far right thug eh??

The reality is that people don’t actually give a sh*t about what Robinson actually says or does, no matter how bad or stupid or bigoted it is because they’ve made up their minds that certain groups of people need to get a slap and that’s that.

Maybe they hate just brown pedos?

Unfortunately they seem to think that because some paedophiles are brown then that means all brown people are paedophiles.

I have to say, the list of convicted paedophiles in the EDL from a few pages back is shocking.

I wonder what percentage that amounts to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,550 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Maybe they hate just brown pedos?
    That’s it. White pedos are of no interest to TR. White thugs are if no interest to TR. White crimes in general are if no interest to TR. if a brown person steps out of line then TR will be on hand to whip up his supporters.

It’s mainly about inspiring fear. TR should inspire more fear than the average person. He’s proven to be a thug with plenty of criminal convictions. The average brown/white person is harmless by comparison.

• Advertisement

What a wonderful day standing up for a defender of paedophilia it must have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Your a MOD from politics category. LMAO.

Libtards are all upset over TR. Hilarious to read.

declan2693 wrote: »

And that's funny because...........?

What a wonderful day standing up for a defender of paedophilia it must have been.
    Ah go on. .....listen to the song and watch the video. It says it all. Then you may understand what the amazing demo/March was actually about.

Ah go on. .....listen to the song and watch the video. It says it all. Then you may understand what the amazing demo/March was actually about.

......semi-brain dead xenophobia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I have to say, the list of convicted paedophiles in the EDL from a few pages back is shocking.

I wonder what percentage that amounts to.
    It looks likely that the EDL is just a front for a paedophile ring, with a small number of unwitting racists facilitating the paedophiles.

A glorious group of human beings all round.

Odhinn wrote: »
    And that's funny because...........?

Because he doesn't actually have to address why Tommy Robinson ignores paedophiles in the organisation he founded.

Also, his argument seems to be that because someone is a mod in politics they can't have an opinion in AH. Because of that mod oath?

Because of that mod oath?

Shhh...

Because he doesn't actually have to address why Tommy Robinson ignores paedophiles in the organisation he founded.

Also, his argument seems to be that because someone is a mod in politics they can't have an opinion in AH. Because of that mod oath?

Speak Not it's name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Not just over him to be fair to us. It's also pretty disheartening that he has such a large contingent on fanboys who'll gleefully gobble down whatever nonsense he happens to jizz all over their newfeeds because hey, he may be racist, an idiot, a hypocrite, a protector of pedophiles, a violent thug but but BUT he may make someone who I'll never meet feel unpleasant when they read about all the unpleasant things he's doing!!1!

That and words like triggered and libtard are apparently the highest form of comedy the master race has come up with. I guess this is the world now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Complain about libtards all you like, hell, why not even go full retard and use words like NPC and cuck but they aren't the ones defending a creep who hangs out with pedos and has criminal convictions.

Not just over him to be fair to us. It's also pretty disheartening that he has such a large contingent on fanboys who'll gleefully gobble down whatever nonsense he happens to jizz all over their newfeeds because hey, he may be racist, an idiot, a hypocrite, a protector of pedophiles, a violent thug but but BUT he may make someone who I'll never meet feel unpleasant when they read about all the unpleasant things he's doing!!1!

That and words like triggered and libtard are apparently the highest form of comedy the master race has come up with. I guess this is the world now.

Not only that they’re gleefully sending a complete grifter a shed load of money. You couldn’t make it up.

FTA69 wrote: »
    Not only that they’re gleefully sending a complete grifter a shed load of money. You couldn’t make it up.

If I was a grifter I wouldn't target smart people. The key to grifting is identifying your mark and not wasting your time barking up the wrong tree. Tommy knows this too so he targets the type of dumb mouth-breather who feels impressed whenever they hear someone dump on brown people.

This stuff isn't new. It's been going on for decades in some shape or form but like pyramid schemes, there will always be people out there gullible enough to fall for the grift.

If I was a grifter I wouldn't target smart people. The key to grifting is identifying your mark and not wasting your time barking up the wrong tree. Tommy knows this too so he targets the type of dumb mouth-breather who feels impressed whenever they hear someone dump on brown people.

This stuff isn't new. It's been going on for decades in some shape or form but like pyramid schemes, there will always be people out there gullible enough to fall for the grift.

You tell em retardo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

You tell em retardo

Ooooh, internet tough guy. So scary.
    I think your mom is calling you for dinner.
    You'll be gone before you finished your glass of warm milk.

Ooooh, internet tough guy. So scary.
    I think your mom is calling you for dinner.
    You'll be gone before you finished your glass of warm milk.

Try harder, its 12.25:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Good example is the Nigerian 419 scam.
    It is the most hopeless, clumsy and idiotic attempt at scamming someone, but that is no accident.
    That way you ensure that only the very dimmest of people will take the bait, because anyone able to tie their own shoes without the aid of velcro, would be far too smart to fall for that crap.
    The very extreme far right kinda works the same way. Their propaganda is so extremely dumb, violent and hateful that the only people who fall for it have bleeding knuckles from dragging them on the floor.
    They rely on hate and fear of the very stupid by inventing scapegoats for their invariably poor situation.
    Tell someone they're living in a council flat on the scratcher because of foreigners, liberals, feminists, adherents of a certain religion and they'll be your pet for all eternity.
    Or better still, take someone who is doing ok and tell them their situation is bad and they have to fight back against their opressors and you have Trump and Brexit.
    People love to hear that their misery (real or perceived) is the fault of someone else, it frees them from responsibility and critical thinking, the worst enemies of the right.
    It is kind of depressing that a sizeable chunk of humanity barely has the IQ to breathe.

You tell em retardo

Why does a fraudster who hangs out with pedos appeal to you? Personally, I have no time for people like that and most people would be the same but clearly, there's something about that makes you react differently.

I'm just curious about what that is.

Good example is the Nigerian 419 scam.
    It is the most hopeless, clumsy and idiotic attempt at scamming someone, but that is no accident.

That's exactly what it is. The intent is to screen out time wasters and focus on people who are more likely to fall for the scam. Given that Tommy Robinson, if that even is his real name, has already been convicted of fraud, he probably knows a thing or two about fraud and his marks, much like a battered wife, will always be there for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

You tell em retardo
    Mod note: declan2693, don't post in this thread again,

Buford T. Justice.

As sh*t as Robinson is though, there’s a reason people are being drawn to the far-right though and it’s not mass stupidity. The broad left in Europe basically threw working class people on the scrapheap for years and now have little or no credibility and have offered no hope. Robinson, Le Pen et al are those who’ll fill the gap.

As sh*t as Robinson is though, there’s a reason people are being drawn to the far-right though and it’s not mass stupidity. The broad left in Europe basically threw working class people on the scrapheap for years and now have little or no credibility and have offered no hope. Robinson, Le Pen et al are those who’ll fill the gap.

I do believe though that it is a manufactured "crisis".
    The rise of fascism in the 30's was due to genuinely hard times. It was easy for grifters and bullies to sell snake oil to the desperate masses.
    What is the emergency today?
    The people who scream the loudest about their plight, what is their actual suffering?
    Most have a job, a house, a car and enough left over to enjoy life a bit.
    They are now being told that they somehow are victims and they are losing out due to (whatever scapegoats).
    No one in Europe has what can be described as a terrible life.
    But it is apparent that appealing to people's greed, stupidity and sense of victimhood always works.
    Especially when there's someone to hate.
    Humans truly are very base beings. Scrape away the thin sheen of civilisation and you find vicious apes beneath.
    Why else is it so easy to appeal to people's base instincts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The rise of fascism in the 30's was due to genuinely hard times. It was easy for grifters and bullies to sell snake oil to the desperate masses.
    The people who scream the loudest about their plight, what is their actual suffering?
    They are now being told that they somehow are victims and they are losing out due to (whatever scapegoats).
    But it is apparent that appealing to people's greed, stupidity and sense of victimhood always works.
    Humans truly are very base beings. Scrape away thematic thin sheen of civilisation and you find vicious apes beneath.

with some there is no need for any scraping at all.

Humans truly are very base beings. Scrape away the thin sheen of civilisation and you find vicious apes beneath.

This is the sort of attitude that leads to the rise of the far right really. Try spinning that line to someone in Barnsley or Grimsby working on a zero hours contract for minimum wage in some warehouse, either him or friends and family reliant on food banks and no real prospects with crumbling public services. All this in a community where once there were decent paid industrial jobs and a community that had pride in itself.

Things are actually sh*te for increasing numbers of people. Stagnating wages, precarious contracts, unaffordable housing, crap jobs and worse public services. Until people wake up to the fact that swathes of the population are being failed badly, the left will never really success.

You’re shouting “things are grand” to groups of people who are utterly devoid of hope and whose communities have been destroyed.

You tell em retardo

Why does a fraudster who hangs out with pedos appeal to you? Personally, I have no time for people like that and most people would be the same but clearly, there's something about that makes you react differently.

I'm just curious about what that is.
    I repeat look up the song /video by Australian artist Steve mannix. It says it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

What has happened over this Panorama thing? Has it aired, has TRs video been released?

I completely agree there’s a reason people listen to him. There’s always an inequality at the heart of the reason why people protest.

The working class aren’t doing as well as they should be. There’s plenty of money going around but it’s being fumbled increasingly to the wealthy. The idea of blaming ‘the left’ really bugs me because it’s the neoliberal policies which are causing trouble for the working class.

The gig economy, pensions, lack of trade unions and collective bargaining, job uncertainty, wage stagnation. Those are real issues. These people are completely right to protest. But the problem is they’re blaming the wrong things. They’re angry and TR and the likes are channeling that anger to suit himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

That theory, while often claimed by supporters of Tommy, Brexit, etc doesn't hold up to any scrutiny though, as the Conservatives have been in power in the UK for over about a full decade now, and it's not as if Tommy Robinson is throwing out economic plans as to how to better their situation or tackle the problems in their regions created by Margaret Thatcher, and later kicked into overdrive under David Cameron in an effort to kickstart the economy in the early 2010s.

For many of them, as has been evidenced by posters like donkeykong and declan2693 in their efforts to ignore the pedophiles in the EDL, it really does have absolutely nothing to do with children being taken advantage of at all, and absolutely everything to do with vilifying minorities in order to feel better about themselves or superior (which explains why the EDL pedophiles cannot be even acknowledged by them, as it would damage the myth in their heads).

Any Tommy Robinson supporter who is actually worried about the children and the lack of effort being put into uncovering any of it, by default cannot be a Tommy Robinson supporter as they would be horrified by what happened to children in the group Tommy created, and Tommy's lack of effort put into uncover any of it (after, that is, he stopped outright defending these pedophiles).

This is the sort of attitude that leads to the rise of the far right really. Try spinning that line to someone in Barnsley or Grimsby working on a zero hours contract for minimum wage in some warehouse, either him or friends and family reliant on food banks and no real prospects with crumbling public services. All this in a community where once there were decent paid industrial jobs and a community that had pride in itself.

Things are actually sh*te for increasing numbers of people. Stagnating wages, precarious contracts, unaffordable housing, crap jobs and worse public services. Until people wake up to the fact that swathes of the population are being failed badly, the left will never really success.

You’re shouting “things are grand” to groups of people who are utterly devoid of hope and whose communities have been destroyed.

OK, I accept that. There is inequality and money is flowing to the top. No argument there. The wage gap between CEO and workers is obscene.
    What still remains a mystery to me, is why people then turn to extremeist nutters or vote for a disasterous course of action like Brexit that will invariably make things worse for them.
    It's never worked for anybody, I can't think of a single case where a right-wing (or left wing, for that matter) extremist governemnt took over and things improved.
    Maybe for the short term, Germany did well initially under Hitler, but that was because the economy was artificially pumped up by completely reckless, unsustainable and irresponsible borrowing and spending. In fact, Germany had to go to war because the money stolen from the Jews wasn't enough to keep the country afloat. So other countries had to be invaded and robbed.

Anyone wo says they have all the answers and an easy solution is lying.
    Every single one of them.

I completely agree there’s a reason people listen to him. There’s always an inequality at the heart of the reason why people protest.

The working class aren’t doing as well as they should be. There’s plenty of money going around but it’s being fumbled increasingly to the wealthy. The idea of blaming ‘the left’ really bugs me because it’s the neoliberal policies which are causing trouble for the working class.

The gig economy, pensions, lack of trade unions and collective bargaining, job uncertainty, wage stagnation. Those are real issues. These people are completely right to protest. But the problem is they’re blaming the wrong things. They’re angry and TR and the likes are channeling that anger to suit himself.

Again, I will never understand why.
    People love snake charmers and conmen because they appeal to their desire for the magic fix. It's easy, quick and doesn't require any thought. You just put a guy in charge who bangs the table and says "just follow me and all will be good"
    Figuring out what the real problem is, fielding political representatives or lobbying existing ones and using the established political process seems to be too much bother for most.
    Yep, democracy is hard. And sadly easily exploited by people who say "don't you worry your pretty little head, I'll take care of things for you"

Absolutely no argument with most of what you’re saying. They’re blaming the wrong people. When I say the left f*cked up I mean 1) Blair presided over neo-liberalism for years and took working class voters from granted and 2) across Europe the left were complicit in the system and offered no real alternative bar “that’s your lot now” and some socially progressive stuff on minorities that didn’t address economic inequality.

When the broad left like Labour in the UK can offer a radical departure it’ll gain traction, but unfortunately we’re now combatting twenty years of anger that has built up toward that party in working class areas and having a majority of MPs who are snakey careerist bastards doesn’t help at all.

I think a lot of people turn to xenophobia because it’s a simple explanation. No jobs? Foreigners took them. NHS is in ruins? Health tourism innit. No housing? I blame the EU. The left has been poor enough at putting forward a grander vision that addresses the root cause of these.

Also I’m not at all suggesting that racism isn’t a powerful force in society, it is. The UK is built on it and that’s always a vein we have to deal with.

• Advertisement

Absolutely no argument with most of what you’re saying. They’re blaming the wrong people. When I say the left f*cked up I mean 1) Blair presided over neo-liberalism for years and took working class voters from granted and 2) across Europe the left were complicit in the system and offered no real alternative bar “that’s your lot now” and some socially progressive stuff on minorities that didn’t address economic inequality.

When the broad left like Labour in the UK can offer a radical departure it’ll gain traction, but unfortunately we’re now combatting twenty years of anger that has built up toward that party in working class areas and having a majority of MPs who are snakey careerist bastards doesn’t help at all.

I think a lot of people turn to xenophobia because it’s a simple explanation. No jobs? Foreigners took them. NHS is in ruins? Health tourism innit. No housing? I blame the EU. The left has been poor enough at putting forward a grander vision that addresses the root cause of these.

Also I’m not at all suggesting that racism isn’t a powerful force in society, it is. The UK is built on it and that’s always a vein we have to deal with.

I agree with most of that. But the centre ground in the uk is very far to the right in terms of what can be done in some areas. Remember the fuss about Ed milliband’s 50p tax rate? It was an extra 5% on wealthy people’s earnings and they went baloobas over it. And apart from that they can’t even mention taxing wealth or they’re viewed as communists. The UK needs to tax wealth and fund its public services. That would actually improve the lives of TR supporters.

I agree about the blame on foreigners and brown people. The key thing is to pitch the message at the target market. TR supporters aren’t watching Questions Time. They get their news from social media. TR and Donald Trump are both very good at replacing details with emotion in their speech.

The more detail in an argument the more it can be disputed. If you use emotion instead of argument, you can get to the people who don’t want to think, but do feel angry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭rgossip30

This could be one the reasons he left the EDL . I know he did state that he found it had become too extremist .

Shhh...

Not a one liner but one word and it's not even in the dictionary.

I don't think it bothers them. They're just trying to circumvent accusations of racism as it gives people a legitimate excuse to ignore the fake news and conspiracies people like Yaxley-Lennon spread.

Can you give examples for your statement .l
    Looks like you cannot .

rgossip30 wrote: »

This could be one the reasons he left the EDL . I know he did state that he found it had become too extremist .
    Why so shy talking about it then? He’s not shy when the pedo is brown and Muslim.

That's correct. He said that he was concerned about the "dangers of far-right extremism". The group containing an alarming number of pedos doesn't seem to have been a problem for him, however.

That's correct. He said that he was concerned about the "dangers of far-right extremism". The group containing an alarming number of pedos doesn't seem to have been a problem for him, however.
    It’s a question of whether he’s actually concerned about pedos or Muslims. It’s clear enough that he’s only using pedos as a stick to beat Muslims.

It’s a question of whether he’s actually concerned about pedos or Muslims. It’s clear enough that he’s only using pedos as a stick to beat Muslims.

That's it exactly. He seems to be OK with pedos if they're white.

Well it's the BBC at present

Well it's the BBC at present
    What’s the bbc?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement