Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish celebrities you would like to see vanish from the spotlight....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

I never had much of an opinion on her before apart from being the one from the Saturday's from Thurles. Ever since that rugby lad cheated on her she doesn't seem to go away and part of me thinks he's better off with out her.
    I saw her briefly on Virgin Media at around Christmas interviewing somebody and she came across very patronising.

she's a nobody , the band are muck , she thinks she's like the irish victoria beckham , dear lord

why is she given air time is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

I never had much of an opinion on her before apart from being the one from the Saturday's from Thurles. Ever since that rugby lad cheated on her she doesn't seem to go away and part of me thinks he's better off with out her.
    I saw her briefly on Virgin Media at around Christmas interviewing somebody and she came across very patronising.

It must be tough having the father of your children cheat on you multiple times. No one deserves that.

She dyed her hair blonde shortly afterwards and is probably being more attention-seeking after having her heart broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,816 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It must be tough having the father of your children cheat on you multiple times. No one deserves that.

She dyed her hair blonde shortly afterwards and is probably being more attention-seeking after having her heart broken.

Yes it's tough but I've seen people deal with it better than her. She struck me as an attention seeker.

Yes it's tough but I've seen people deal with it better than her. She struck me as an attention seeker.

I suppose being an attention seeker means she can make more of a name for herself by getting more followers on Instagram.

says who ?? her

any scorned woman will use that bs line

she's a talentless ginger minger , plain and simple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Anthonylfc wrote: »
    says who ?? her

She was cheated on at least once by her husband. The other woman was named in the papers. Think what you like of her but to imply that she is lying about being cheated on is just being ignorant of information that is in the public domain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

says who ?? her

Whatever about the rest, that bit is utterly wrong.

She is beautiful.

Whatever about the rest, that bit is utterly wrong.

She is beautiful.

i sincerely hope you are joking

i wouldn't get up on her to get over a wall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

It would be easier to think of the ones I wouldn't like to see vanish. Seriously. Anyone who ever went on a reality show or godawful talent show for starters and anyone who considers themselves "influencers"...heave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Graham Linehan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭AllForIt

branie2 wrote: »
    Graham Linehan

He's hardly in the constant celebrity spotlight. I never heard of him until last week. On the other hand Una Healy pops up my news feeds ever week. No idea who she is to be honest but I see her name all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Saw yer man James kavanagh the other day queuing in a shop.

Real sulky petulant mug on him.

Looked like he was disgusted he wasn’t getting superstar treatment and whisked to the top of the queue due the number of Instagram followers or some such.

When in reality nobody gave a solitary fcuk

Tommy Tiernan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

James Kavanagh’s cat Diana.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Who? and what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Graham Linehan

Dear god, dont start me on that creep. Yes he had his couple of years with Father Ted. Thank you for your service.

Didnt like how he attacked Count Dankula over the Pug saluting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭lurker2000

Mc Gregor. Period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Terri Prone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Hope Ashy Sabotage

All you needed to do was stop at James Kavanagh

or just feck it, anyone who identifies as a blogger/influencer/social media guru/social media comedian/those who work in a gym and trying to promote it on instagram...don't know whose worse, them or the legions of dopes who hang off every word they say

Looked like he was disgusted he wasn’t getting superstar treatment and whisked to the top of the queue due the number of Instagram followers or some such.

him and his brother can crawl under a rock

• Advertisement

says who ?? her

Misogyny is alive and well, my friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Amy huberman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Those 2 lifting that couch from that Ulster Bank add. Will they Feck off :pac:

Those 2 lifting that couch from that Ulster Bank add. Will they Feck off :pac:

Hardly celebrities but they'd be chuffed to hear that :D

Hardly celebrities but they'd be chuffed to hear that :D

If Doireannn Garrihy and James Kavanagh thought that moving a sofa could make them famous we might see them running around Dublin with a sofa this evening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Terri Prone

Vile woman.

Ian O'Doherty

Ian O'Doherty

Yes, I saw him on TV Today.
    He got tolled on the internet by a school kid(Secondary I think) so he got the him and his parents and the principal to go into his office and apologise to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Conor McGregor - he’s putting the country to shame.

• Advertisement

They have no shame and expect you to serve them as if they were the biggest celebrities/saviours of the planet ever. wont mention the name of this one (there's a few influencers/social media "gurus" who I see on a regular basis), but couple of weeks ago I was in a restaurant for my lunch at work, and noticed it was one of these "influencers" was directly in front of me, not once did she look away from her phone, took so many selfies and videos, got the person she was with to take so many pics of her, while they were trying to eat and had the waitresses fawning over her...the vainness of thee people and its sad there's people who fawn over these self absorbed morons....and I bet if the restaurant didn't treat her like royalty, you know she'd be on her phone 2 seconds later on insta/snap chat whinging at them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Ian O'Doherty

Yes, I saw him on TV Today.
    He got tolled on the internet by a school kid(Secondary I think) so he got the him and his parents and the principal to go into his office and apologise to him.

This is hilarious, any link to it??

Deirdre o’Kane. She was painful to watch when presenting the 6 o’clock show on tv3. No matter what guest was in the studio she would just go on about herself. Even Majella O’Donnell was better than her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Vogue Williams. She’s becoming a bigger **** with each day that passes. That floppy hair headed **** that she’s married to would want to get lost as well. He’s not Irish I know but Jesus I wish her and “Spenny” would just go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Motivator wrote: »
    Vogue Williams. She’s becoming a bigger **** with each day that passes. That floppy hair headed **** that she’s married to would want to get lost as well. He’s not Irish I know but Jesus I wish her and “Spenny” would just go away.

No chance of that vacuous pair of morons vanishing any time soon. In fact, they'll be on the Late Late Show this week to "give away some of their secrets to a successful relationship" ....https://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/late-late-show-feels-the-love-as-fridays-lineup-is-revealed-902913.html

What it doesnt say is that next year Vogue will be back on to tell us how tough the divorce was.:D

Why do our national media producers feel the need to promote these horrible people, who have nothing to offer whatsoever? Who could possibly be entertained or receive any enjoyment whatsoever from listening to these idiots?

It's bloody mind boggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

I'll be avoiding that Friday night shiote like the plague.

• Advertisement

They have no shame and expect you to serve them as if they were the biggest celebrities/saviours of the planet ever. wont mention the name of this one (there's a few influencers/social media "gurus" who I see on a regular basis), but couple of weeks ago I was in a restaurant for my lunch at work, and noticed it was one of these "influencers" was directly in front of me, not once did she look away from her phone, took so many selfies and videos, got the person she was with to take so many pics of her, while they were trying to eat and had the waitresses fawning over her...the vainness of thee people and its sad there's people who fawn over these self absorbed morons....and I bet if the restaurant didn't treat her like royalty, you know she'd be on her phone 2 seconds later on insta/snap chat whinging at them

Contemptible.

I know she's Canadian but she's based over here, Alison Curtis on Today FM, Nasaly voice, sounds like Janice from Friends, and weird obsession with babies...she's covering Iano next week and it will be all, do you have babies, twitter account, 53012 and do you have kids all week......Today FM's Gone to the dogs lately but she's probably the worst of them

James Patrice (not his real name).

Ian O'Doherty

A petulant man child who needs a good kick up the hole.

Dylan the douche husband of Sosueme. If ever there was a case of the wife wearing the trousers in the relationship this is it. A perma fake tanned gym pumper with shrunken gnads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 donotvalidate

Donal Skeehan

His smarmy face and constant happiness makes me want to punch him in the throat

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

That one from carlow on transformers

Louise McSharry, ugh always a victim judging by her twitter account

All of these fame/money obsessed bloggers that go around filming themselves saying “Yaaasss” into their camera fones.
    Where did this word come from anyway, was it Beyoncé??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭smilerf

John Creedon

I don't buy that happy as Larry and I'm everyone's best friend carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Bela Doyle. Old greyface.

All of these fame/money obsessed bloggers that go around filming themselves saying “Yaaasss” into their camera fones.
    Where did this word come from anyway, was it Beyoncé??

I hate that. I think its a general black American urban thing that's been picked up by knobheads elsewhere .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,942 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

smilerf wrote:
    John Creedon
    I've had the pleasure of meeting the man three times and he is a really nice guy. He is incredibly intelligent too but he treats everybody like they are his peers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

smilerf wrote: »
    John Creedon

That’s just him though, if everyone at RTE was like him and had his passion the licence fee would be value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

All you needed to do was stop at James Kavanagh

or just feck it, anyone who identifies as a blogger/influencer/social media guru/social media comedian/those who work in a gym and trying to promote it on instagram...don't know whose worse, them or the legions of dopes who hang off every word they say

I've never heard of him, but I did google him and now I already dislike him.

Then again I hate all of these so called "influencers".

Just the next stop in the evolution process for people who want to be famous, without being talented in anything in particular.

• Advertisement
Advertisement