Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Weather 2014

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I remember 2012 as poor? I bailed to Spain twice in desperation. Was I imagining it?

I was referring to the possiblity of 2015 making it 3 good summers in a row. An unlikely event given the known records.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭s.m

This August will probably go down in record as one of the coldest and most miserable especially after the hot spells we had at the end of june and july even august 2012 wasn't this cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

s.m wrote: »
    This August will probably go down in record as one of the coldest and most miserable especially after the hot spells we had at the end of june and july even august 2012 wasn't this cold

Will ye go way outta that! Oh?.....Location: Donegal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

s.m wrote: »

Completely different story down here in Galway. Very dry month so far. Although totals are running around average most of that fell in very short sharp bursts early in the month - much as it has done over the Summer in general. Sunshine is just relentless; can't actually remember the last time I seen a proper overcast day, not to mention a good old fashioned rainy one and I don't find it particular cold either. An incredibly benign month so far would be my humble view.

Hopefully Autumn will compensate though with some decent violent weather setting in. God knows we are well overdue some. :)

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

I remember 2012 as poor? I bailed to Spain twice in desperation. Was I imagining it?

Yep, 2012 was desperate. Of the the 2007-2012 shockin' summers run, 2012 was second only to 2007.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

I find August 2012 the best of the 3 poor summer months of that year. Temperature was up to about average while it was way below during June and July. August this year is looking like turning out to be the worst month of what would be describe as a nice summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

I sparked up the gas fire last night...in the middle of August. Just a few weeks ago I was wearing nothing but shorts and lying on a beach at Dollymount. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

This August is looking like a bit of a write-off so far with plenty of rain already and temperatures struggling to hit the mid teens. Very cool this evening, winter clothes back on. Hopefully the end of August and beginning of September will be a bit warmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

It has been a brilliant summer down here in West Cork. Very little rain nice temps and lots of sunshine. Man I wish every summer could be like this. Its after getting fairly cool with about 2 week by night and under any cloud cover but if the sun is out its still hot.

Id say better than last year overall!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

It has been a brilliant summer down here in West Cork. Very little rain nice temps and lots of sunshine. Man I wish every summer could be like this. Its after getting fairly cool with about 2 week by night and under any cloud cover but if the sun is out its still hot.

Id say better than last year overall!
    Yup,same summary for East Wicklow.
    Better than last year over all with several more days in the 20's and unusual for near the sea a lack of sea breezes so making it warmer as coastal margins did not get the inland cloudy spells others got.
    Even now in the cool,it's been able to hit 19c a few times.

Advertisement