Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

19c and surprise surprise its cloudy yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

No sign of a break in the permacloud over Achill. Still I supposes at least I won't have to water the garden today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

It's a bit on the humid side here in Cork City.
    The car air conditioner is really making itself useful! Blissful dry air in the cabin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Foggy here in tramore, the sun is trying to break through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

20c & overcast 80% humidity,looking out towards Howth it looks misty.I wonder how Bray is doing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Dew point is almost 20 degrees here in Waterford. Sweatin!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Humid to a sickening degree in Galway. In the house is much cooler than outside.Once you step out you're hit by a wave of thick warm air not unlike what you get opening an oven.
    It's been rain and very grey but a small slice of blue is opening up in the greyness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Weird day here in tramore, the fog has yet to lift, but it still warm on the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

totally overcast here now after very nice sunshine till about 2pm. Temp back down to 22c from 24c earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Just took a temp gauge outside here in New Ross 28 degrees. And I have to work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Very cloudy and humid in Cork at the moment, some brief intervals of sunshine here earlier, but now its totally overcast.

Around 22-3C.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Gonzo wrote: »
    still 21C here after 10pm, it's gonna be a very warm night.
    Would nighttime heat such as this bring the cockroaches out at night?
    Do they actually exist in Ireland? Like, proper big ugly brown things? or are they smaller ones that just live in drains etc?
    SpaceTime wrote: »
    I'm a little confused by : http://www.met.ie/nationalwarnings/default.asp

How is this a YELLOW ALERT ?

That would seem like exceptionally mild weather, if just a little clammy.

Also, considering we don't grow all that many spuds, I've never understood their fixation on Potato Blight warning. General information about other crops and gardening issues would be more useful.

WEATHER WARNING! STAY INDOORS! IT WILL BE SLIGHTLY WARMER THAN ROOM TEMPERATURE OUTSIDE! TO PREVENT DEATH, STAY IN BATH OF ICE!

Pretty ridiculous really.

KungPao wrote: »
    Do they actually exist in Ireland? Like, proper big ugly brown things? or are they smaller ones that just live in drains etc?

WEATHER WARNING! STAY INDOORS! IT WILL BE SLIGHTLY WARMER THAN ROOM TEMPERATURE OUTSIDE! TO PREVENT DEATH, STAY IN BATH OF ICE!

Pretty ridiculous really.

Blight doesn't just affect potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,573 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

There should be a good bit more sunshine tomorrow and toward the end of the week temperatures could top 28c somewhere inland. It wouldn't surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

delw wrote: »
    20c & overcast 80% humidity,looking out towards Howth it looks misty.I wonder how Bray is doing :)

Was out of Bray in Dundrum from 2-5pm today visiting relatives. The cloud line/boundary was virtually overhead in Dundrum and clear blue skies as you looked East. Thus, while it was just as warm in Dundrum (25.5ºc according to car) the Sun was in and out, while I imagine Bray probably had uninterrupted Sun in the same time period. Bit of Sea mist obscuring the top of Bray Head though when I got back to Bray. With the topography surrounding Bray, thats literally how close the dividing line can be between Sunny Bray and Dull SoCoDu. I remember back in the 80's living in Firhouse Co Dublin we'd be bemoaning the Dull Grey Skies day after day and the Granny visiting from Bray would tell us that the sun was splitting the rocks for days in Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Are there any nice beaches in the South Dublin/Wicklow area and do they suffer from the same invasion of knackers like the Northside ones do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Just stood out in a light rain shower. It's 24C and 80% humidity. I've not experienced that here ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

Just flew in from Spain, some great cloud activity going over the Wicklow mountains and bray head, the plane was all over the place going through the clouds..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I have not had a full night sleep since June. I have had enough of this weather. Any changes on the way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

Are there any nice beaches in the South Dublin/Wicklow area and do they suffer from the same invasion of knackers like the Northside ones do?

Greystones is really nice, just full of nice normal people enjoying the good weather. Huge contrast to Bray just down the road full of drunken 'youths' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Yes, lots, and i'm not telling you where ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

MetLuver wrote: »
    Greystones is really nice, just full of nice normal people enjoying the good weather. Huge contrast to Bray just down the road full of drunken 'youths' :D

You need to update your database of old stereotypes my friend. 2006 Darts don't run on the weekends for an entire Summer due to line maintenance. Dublins finest have to find new playgrounds for their drunken antics that year. They love Portmarnock and Howth so much, they never come back in large numbers. Bray Seafront becomes gentrified and a thriving cafe culture starts to spring up on the seafront. Thousands of how'a'ya's with bags of cans and dirty nappies replaced with thousands of Irish and European picnicing families and foreign students and joggers and walkers ertc etc. Youtube launches new channel called Portmarnock/Howth Riot 2010/11/12/13/14.

Times have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

22 degrees at Mount Dillon, Shannon airport and Oak Park on the 2100 reports....not bad for 9pm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Lucreto wrote: »
    I have not had a full night sleep since June. I have had enough of this weather. Any changes on the way?

Heavily pregnant, in the land locked midlands, feeling like I'm living in my airing cupboard........I win!

Jesus, will this ever end, heat and cloud has to be the worst combination. There not a breeze here in the midlands, it's suffocating. :(:(

100% humidity and a dew point of 17c here in Carlow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Lucreto wrote: »

Not much change except it will be possibly warmer over the next few days and nights. It may cool down from Sunday, but chances are it will warm up again from Monday with another reload of high pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Feels unpleasantly close outside now, definitely cooler indoors. I'd kill for a bit of a breeze, the midges are out in force tonight. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

22 degrees at Mount Dillon, Shannon airport and Oak Park on the 2100 reports....not bad for 9pm!!
    More positive posts like this please!

The "oh it's 19 degrees...how will I ever sleep...it's so muggy" posts are getting tiresome. You'd swear the country has shifted to the Amazon jungle, the way some people are going on.

It's room temperature outside. Big deal!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Dew point is almost 20 degrees here in Waterford. Sweatin!

Sure was Maq. Max DP was 19.6c just shy of our station record 20.3c recorded July 13th last year.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

Advertisement