Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World - II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Shelli2 wrote: »
    I definitely won't have a loss tomorrow, and I know I've been yo-yoing since I rejoined in January. But I'm 1.5 stone down, and even though it's very slow, I know without SW I'd be going the other direction.
    I really am so upset, it's been an incredibly difficult year personally and the one person I need to be supportive just took the wind completely out of my sails. Not being supportive is one thing, but purposefully mean and negative is something else entirely.

1.5 stone is no mean feat. Well done to you. I’d be pulling him on that

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hope ye are having a good weekend! Had one of those duhhh moments. I've been having rice crackers which I thought were one syn each...no that's a small plain one. Jacob's chocolate or yogurt are 4 Syns each! D'OH!

On a side note the plain (sea salt) from Aldi are 1½, and I saw one in Holland & Barrett's (quinoa-based) for 1 syn each. Any idea of what to put on top for a snack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hope ye are having a good weekend! Had one of those duhhh moments. I've been having rice crackers which I thought were one syn each...no that's a small plain one. Jacob's chocolate or yogurt are 4 Syns each! D'OH!

On a side note the plain (sea salt) from Aldi are 1½, and I saw one in Holland & Barrett's (quinoa-based) for 1 syn each. Any idea of what to put on top for a snack?

Poached salmon and cucumber
    Tomato and cottage cheese and chives
    Mashed banana
    Ham and low fat cream cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 7 swann8

Poached salmon and cucumber
    Tomato and cottage cheese and chives
    Mashed banana
    Ham and low fat cream cheese

Poached salmon and cucumber sounds lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Joining offering closer magazine if anyone is interested! Rejoining myself!

• Advertisement

I know its probably been posted about 100 times, but finally got around to trying the SW campfire stew recipe. Can't believe how good it is!!!

Anyone else do much SW cooking in a slow cooker?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭scarepanda

swann8 wrote:
    Anyone else do much SW cooking in a slow cooker?

Not at the moment. But I want to start using ours more and to start making cheaper, batch type meals to try reduce the grocery bill. I figure the slow cooker will be good to achieve that.

I have pork in the fridge at the moment to try in the slow cooker.

Any recipe's welcome! I'll stick the one I'm planning on using up later on if I think of it when I'm on the laptop.

scarepanda wrote: »
    I'll stick the one I'm planning on using up later on if I think of it when I'm on the laptop.

Yes, please let me know how it turns out - most of the slow cooker SW recipes I've tried turn out rather tasteless, but that could be just my cooking!

Hiyooo! Couple of the girls in class had great results just doing 3 days of SP. Have u guys tried it? How did u get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just in case anyone happens to do a lot of #SlimmingWorldMeals stalking on Instagram you'd have seen there's a bit of hype around Mayflower Black Bean Sauce (same crowd as the Curry). I emailed them the other day and they've come back saying December or January it will be in SuperValu. Seems to be about 2.5 syns per 100g of sauce going by Instagram posts...

https://www.mayflower.co.uk/products/product.php?s=mayflower-chilli-black-bean-sauce&cat=famous-sauce-mixes

• Advertisement

Thanks for the tips Shels!

Hope ye are getting on well this week. Seems every week there's a day where there's something on (a reason to go off plan) so trying to be good until at least the Xmas nights out!

Did the last 3 days trying my best on-plan, bloody hell it's awful! I'd never hack if this was the diet in general :D

My fiancee has struggled this year due to numerous weddings, couple of holidays and a few other bits. She's determined to shift the 10 pounds off by Xmas that's been put on since last Xmas but she's afraid of all the Christmas Parties, etc... My mentality is, one day/night out of 7 doesn't define a whole week, have 6 good days and you can afford 1 bad! Think it's a good mentality to have and I always try drill it in even if I'm not a SW person! Me on the other hand, I'm trying to put on a few pound before Xmas - clean eating though for us both so hopefully works out for us come the 23rd Dec!! :D

1/7 treat days -- Are u able to reel it in the day after going off plan? Maybe it's not drinking regularly for me but since I stopped (outside special occasions) my body just piles on weight with one night out eating/drinking - like I'll be up 3-4 lbs! Then spend the next week ridding it. So a night out ruins 13.5 days for me, maybe I should take up drinking more often so my body gets used to it :D

Also, ur hoping to put on a few lbs? Are u weight training or a bit under target?

Ye my fiancee tries to avoid too much drinking, if she does... bottle of coors, pint glass with ice to water it down or some spirits.

Weight training, tried to get herself into the gym but has no interest :D

How ye getting on this week?

Lately I've been seeing success eating more at dinner, leaving me little room for snacking at night (which'd be my downfall). Also spending a few syns making food more treat-like rather than hoarding them til nighttime when I'd blow through them quickly :D hope this helps someone!

My fiancee was down 2 pound on Monday so fully on track for her target for Christmas! She's been good this week too so she's hoping for another loss next Monday.... an impacted wisdom tooth being taken out and restricting her eating probably has helped! :D

My fiancee does the snacking too.... usually no syns at breakfast, 1.5 at lunch, a few at dinner and then her treat in the evening! It works and keeps her happy and focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

After a 2 month fall off the wagon I am back! Went to my new meeting this morning and ready to get back on track. Hoping to avoid the pitfalls of Dec by going back now.

SW chicken curry made for tonight. Heres to a good week!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Meeeee79

jaykhunter wrote: »
    How ye getting on this week?

Lately I've been seeing success eating more at dinner, leaving me little room for snacking at night (which'd be my downfall). Also spending a few syns making food more treat-like rather than hoarding them til nighttime when I'd blow through them quickly :D hope this helps someone!

Great advice. I definitely fell into the habit of saving all my sins for the evening and not really enjoying lunch/dinner as much. Going to allocate afew for each meal and get my fill from my three main meals, try snack on fruit mainly during the day and keep afew sins back for a proper sweet treat in the evenings.

That's brilliant! So syn-wise building up throughout the day :)

If ye have any recipes I'd love ya to share em in the SW recipes thread! Give each other ideas and inspiration!
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057943593/2/#post111754688

Meeeee79 wrote: »
    Great advice. I definitely fell into the habit of saving all my sins for the evening and not really enjoying lunch/dinner as much. Going to allocate afew for each meal and get my fill from my three main meals, try snack on fruit mainly during the day and keep afew sins back for a proper sweet treat in the evenings.

This is something I've been struggling with since hitting target at the beginning of the year and I'm nowhere near target now! Started properly using a meal planner about a month ago where I now plan when to use the syns up throughout the day and thankfully its been more losses than gains since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Is anyone else struggling with group? For the past few weeks, I’ve been weighing in and leaving. Don’t like the group. I find it more moaning than supportive. Not sure whether to just keep weighing in or change group

neemish wrote: »
    Is anyone else struggling with group? For the past few weeks, I’ve been weighing in and leaving. Don’t like the group. I find it more moaning than supportive. Not sure whether to just keep weighing in or change group

Talk with the person who runs the group before or after a class about your concerns is probably the best shout. My fiancee travels an hour on a bus (she moved away from the area) after work each Monday solely to get to her group as she loves it there and the guy who runs it. Don't think she'd be happy anywhere else.

Just me or is there a Frylight Butter drought? Have tried 3 Tescos, 2 Dunnes, a Supervalu & an Aldi - all out of stock.

Def have a word with the consultant - for starters she could re-direct people when they start moaning (lol) and focus on the upcoming week. Or other consultants would do a group think on recipes, that kind of thing, to stop any one person banging on about themselves :D
    Just me or is there a Frylight Butter drought? Have tried 3 Tescos, 2 Dunnes, a Supervalu & an Aldi - all out of stock.

Ha! Oh no! It is a brilliant flavour. Come to think of it I haven't seen it in a few weeks (was in Iceland the other day and wasn't there). Will keep an eye out.

About half way though my 8 week meal planner diary now, should finish up just before Christmas (allowing myself some time off over Christmas :D ). Just though I'd share how valuable I've found it in keeping to plan as self discipline has always been my weakness, especially this year!

Just added a food planner gift set to my Christmas wish list to start in January - one of these if anyone is interested: https://onplanplanners.com/collections/special-offer-bundles/products/essentials-bag-bundle

Do many people here use a planner/diary tracker of some sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Talk with the person who runs the group before or after a class about your concerns is probably the best shout. My fiancee travels an hour on a bus (she moved away from the area) after work each Monday solely to get to her group as she loves it there and the guy who runs it. Don't think she'd be happy anywhere else.

I think the leader may be the problem! Maybe it's just that I haven't clicked with her. She gets great reviews from others.

On the other hand, there are ALOT of people who seem to get weighed in and leave.

Starting to fall off the wagon - need to get back on track

• Registered Users Posts: 42 FoodC

If anyone need healthy eating guide here is a free eBook to download.
    Hopefully it will help someone who need to change eating habits, and lose weight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I think the leader may be the problem! Maybe it's just that I haven't clicked with her. She gets great reviews from others.

On the other hand, there are ALOT of people who seem to get weighed in and leave.

Starting to fall off the wagon - need to get back on track

I’m trying a new group tonight. I can’t blame the consultant alone but it’s not working for me currently. I took a three week break in the middle of a countdown because I wasn’t feeling it

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Day 1 back at it. I've easily gained half a stone or more. Pack on plan today. Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Day 1 back at it. I've easily gained half a stone or more. Pack on plan today. Anyone else?

Back at it myself today. I managed to only gain 3.5lbs over the Christmas week, how I managed to keep it at that I'll never know as I was expecting a 5/6lb gain. Anyways, new year new start.

I've started the morning off good, had my normal breakfast and went for a 30 minute walk, I'm going to try do the 100 days of walking that Ciara Kelly on news talk is doing. Hopefully hearing her bang on about it daily might give me the kick in the ass to get moving. Lunch today will probably be off plan, but we have all the ingredients for a nice yummy dinner in the house for this evening when we get home.

Advertisement