Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Favourite Christmas Advert - The FINAL

Options
1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

snowgal wrote: »
    aw missed the final, knew I would. and my coca cola didnt win, this day sucks :(
    Well Im gonna go home later and play it over and over and drink wine and pretend its Christmas :p
    (I do like the Guinness ad too)

I tried my best but alas that Damn black stuff won :D

I still demand a recount :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

At least now you know you can blame snowgal. That one vote could have turned it all around. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,039 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Love the thread title :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Delighted Guinness won that would have been my vote.

Thank you so much to Posy for running this. I started but then work took over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    BTW, a big thank you to yourself & Loughc for organising this, its been great craic and a welcome distraction from the troubles outside.

Hear, hear. Thanks for running another great competition. General consensus is best as won (unlike the movie one- as you see I’m still bitter :D)

Look forward to the next one, whatever that might be!!!

• Advertisement

Any thoughts when we start the next one of these?? Miss them when not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I think Loughc has been up the walls with work so its only fair we leave him some time until he's ready to get arranging one of these bad boys again :D
    Though I do agree, you miss these not being on as the forum has gotten quite quiet this week since the adverts one finished.

Thing is, what do we go for next after adverts, movies & songs post 2000?

Songs 1980-1999?
    songs pre 1980?
    TV Specials?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I don't know if there's enough scope to get a whole tournament out of Christmas specials- I can only think of a handful!

Best Christmas song of the 1980's (or 80's/90's) is a must, though. Can't beat a bit of eighties. :D

Posy wrote: »
    I don't know if there's enough scope to get a whole tournament out of Christmas specials- I can only think of a handful!

Best Christmas song of the 1980's (or 80's/90's) is a must, though. Can't beat a bit of eighties. :D

Agree. Specials you'd do well to get more than a dozen.
    1980-1999 for songs would be great.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    I think Loughc has been up the walls with work so its only fair we leave him some time until he's ready to get arranging one of these bad boys again :D
    Though I do agree, you miss these not being on as the forum has gotten quite quiet this week since the adverts one finished.

Thing is, what do we go for next after adverts, movies & songs post 2000?

Songs 1980-1999?
    songs pre 1980?
    TV Specials?

Absolutely. Appreciate there is a lot of behind the scenes work that goes into these things so happy to wait till the time is suitable.

The natural flow would be go back to songs as that was the one we did first however am not fussy.

Agree re Christmas specials. Might be just a nominations only one, most wins or a one day competition.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TV Specials.... there's loads...

American Dad has loads,
    Simpsons,
    2 Gavin and Stacey's
    Fr.Ted
    Only Fool and Horses
    The Vicar of Dibley
    Modern Family
    Brooklyn 99
    The Office US
    The Office UK
    The Snowman
    Father Christmas

I'm sure we could keep going.... :)

One thing that really bugs me is when they don't set the Christmas special at Christmas- Downton Abbey, and The Royle Family are two that I can think of where the 'Christmas' special was actually set in the summertime.

One thing that really bugs me is when they don't set the Christmas special at Christmas- Downton Abbey, and The Royle Family are two that I can think of where the 'Christmas' special was actually set in the summertime.

Actually the Royle Family when Denise goes into labour on Christmas Day is a cracking special.

The one when Denise and Dave Host Christmas dinner too is a good one too.

Yeah, it's the one where they go and stay in the caravan that I'm thinking of. Good episode, but not Christmas!

They have had some cracking specials, besides that! The turkey in the bath. :D

Only fools and horses did it a couple of times too. Jolly boys outing being the most obvious one.

Sounds like the 'Christmas' specials could cause some controversy (and posts!!)

TRS30 wrote: »
    Sounds like the 'Christmas' specials could cause some controversy (and posts!!)

I'm in.... let's do it!!

New thread started. :)

Advertisement