Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Favourite Christmas Advert - The FINAL

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

CocaCola for me! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Guinness and Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭DvB

7-3 now... getting exciting.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Come on Coca Cola and stop this black stuff winning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Autosport wrote: »
    Come on Coca Cola and stop this black stuff winning :D

Not a chance! We got you on the ropes!! :p

• Advertisement

To be honest The cornflakes ad is my favourite with Budweiser a close second and Coca Cola my third favourite :)

Just as a little distraction. Is this ad shown outside of Ireland? Every year at the start of December i share this ad on FB and as i lived in the UK for a long time , it always gets a lot of comments of love from my UK friends. I like it particularly because its all things Irish. I'd be interested to see if it would figure in a UK based tournament of the same sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Just as a little distraction. Is this ad shown outside of Ireland? Every year at the start of December i share this ad on FB and as i lived in the UK for a long time , it always gets a lot of comments of love from my UK friends. I like it particularly because its all things Irish. I'd be interested to see if it would figure in a UK based tournament of the same sort?

I suspect that similar to ourselves, the UK public would be quite parochial too, when choosing their favourite ad. :D

I've seen it on TV in England & Wales when over visiting family there, up until 2019 anyway, havent been over since.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Anyway, the final is still live, Guinness needs 1 more to win, Coca Cola needs 4 more to tie it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Baybay

I can vote again, if that’d help?!

PaulT21 wrote: »
    I suspect that similar to ourselves, the UK public would be quite parochial too, when choosing their favourite ad. :D

Yes I'd say you're right. I imagine the JL ads would feature at the top of a UK poll

Baybay wrote: »
    I can vote again, if that’d help?!

We can all do that :D

Yes I'd say you're right. I imagine the JL ads would feature at the top of a UK poll

Saw one on TV before christmas this year & The Bear & Hare won it. The journey (the snowman one) came third & 2 or three others made up the top 10 or so.

They had some real odd ones in there too though.

Someone out there is keeping us all in suspense.. :D

We need someone to have a sneaky log in at work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,292 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Someone out there is keeping us all in suspense.. :D

They are waiting for their pint to settle...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

I'm ready to be bribed :D

Edit: thought I might get some chocolate out of this, oh well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Guinness for me too. That settles it?

wQjleYf.jpg

f3859sP.jpg

We have our winner!!!

• Advertisement

Guinness for me too. That settles it?

Great stuff. A deserved Winner :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

And Guinness takes the win!! :D

Posy wrote: »
    And Guinness takes the win!! :D

Never in doubt...

BTW, a big thank you to yourself & Loughc for organising this, its been great craic and a welcome distraction from the troubles outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Excellent, a deserved winner IMO.

Thanks to all that contributed, twas good fun.
    Big thanks to Posy and LoughC for a well run competition!!

I demand a recount :D

Really enjoyed that, thanks guys. I might actually get back to doing some work on Monday now...... Unless anyone's got another interesting tournament coming up??........

:D:D Your great craic Autosport :D

Really enjoyed that, thanks guys. I might actually get back to doing some work on Monday now...... Unless anyone's got another interesting tournament coming up??........

We have another couple in the pipeline, but its not my place to expand any further.... will leave that to our MODs!:)

Fake news!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭snowgal

aw missed the final, knew I would. and my coca cola didnt win, this day sucks :(
    Well Im gonna go home later and play it over and over and drink wine and pretend its Christmas :p
    (I do like the Guinness ad too)

Advertisement