Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Favourite Christmas Advert - The FINAL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Love both, but the Guinness advert is my favourite of all time, so that wins, every time.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Another landslide...
    Shame as I adore that McDonalds advert, was easily the best of the 2020 crop.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Another landslide...
    Shame as I adore that McDonalds advert, was easily the best of the 2020 crop.

Sad to see it go however was never going to stand a chance against the GOAT of Christmas ads!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I know it makes no difference but my vote is also for Guinness. Boy these semi-finals are going to be tough.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Last match of the day. :D

Budwiser - Horse Sleigh

John Lewis - 2013 The Bear and the Hare

• Advertisement

Budweiser please.

Can you set up a tab please? :D

Noooooooo....
    I love both of these....

Have watched both back and will go with the Bear & the hare purely because the bud one ends with wishing you & yours the best of the holiday season and I hate that american reference to christmas as the holiday season.

Whichever wins though I have no issue with as I like both.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Budweiser :)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

The bear and the Hare please. Some of the Bud ads are real tear jerkers (The dog one) but JL always seem to knock it out of the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Indestructable

That's a very tough one for me. I'm going with Budweiser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Budweiser.
    I sing the little hums as do do do's .

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

Budweiser add for Me

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Budweiser for me too....

Interesting that in our previous ultimate christmas advert poll Guinness & Bud tied for first place and both are still here, whilst An Post & Cornflakes who finished joint third in that poll have already been knocked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭snowgal

Budweiser for me too....ah ah ah aaah ah ah ah ah ahhh

So are we leaving the semi finals & final until tomorrow?

Penneys v Coca Cola
    Guinness v Budweiser

Thats a very strong line up indeed... 4 strong classics there.

Should be interesting!

Yep 2 semi finals and final tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭snowgal

ugh, Im in a meeting most of the day.....Will hopefully get to vote. Holidays are comin for the win!! :) Its not christmas in ours, officially, until that ad comes on!

Off today as youngest’s birthday so if you could please throw up some roughy times please for semis and final so can try to get online.

Might aim for about 10, 12 and 3?

Depends on how the voting is going of course! :)

• Advertisement

It's nearly time! :D

Some facts about our fab 4 in the competition.
    We have the top 4 seeded adverts playing today, so you might think the last 4 is no surprise!

Our No. 1 seed Penneys trounced Air New Zealand, Quality Street 2009, took out John Lewis 'The long wait' before knocking out Denneys.

Guinness, the No. 2 seed, saw off competition from TK Maxx's lil Goat, the Coca Cola 2006 advert, BBC One's Supporting Act and McDonald's 2020 offering- Inner Child.

Budweiser, our No. 3 seed, has seen some of the closest contests, it knocked out Kevin the Carrot- Top Gun early on, whitewashed McDonalds 'Christmas Eve' and caused devastation by knocking the Heathrow bears, then the iconic Bear and the Hare out of the competition.

CocaCola, our No. 4 seed whitewashed Doc Morris' 2020's Christmas advert, and Tesco 2013 and caused heartache before knocking out Lidl's adorable grandad :( an An Post's Let them Know.

Semi Final 1. :D
    Let's see if first to 7 gets us anywhere fast.

Penneys - Got a Whole Lot of Things for Christmas

Coca-Cola - Holidays are coming

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭PaulT21

:D:D Coca Cola obviously :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

Coca-Cola - Holidays are coming

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Penneys - give me Christmas over "Holidays" any day

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

I know I'm on a loser here but Pennys

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I'm going to go Coca Cola (though have voted for Penneys in earlier rounds so conflicted!)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

All points to Penneys beating Guinness in the final.... but anything can happen in a knockout competition :eek::)

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭PaulT21

DvB wrote: »
    All points to Penneys beating Guinness in the final.... but anything can happen in a knockout competition :eek::)

:mad:That would be a travesty :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Baybay

Coke is it!

Advertisement