Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Grandeeod wrote: »
    My Dad was told he deffo needs a hip replacement and it will be done in Belfast subject to restrictions. One more visit for pre op bloods etc and then by early March for the big job. He may have a little limp after it, but no more pain.

My mom had this done years ago and bounced back within a week, so he will come back like a new man :):)

Is this covered by VHI as it’s in Belfast?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Waiting on nine o clock to call doc again. No snow here but I am pretty sure it'll be icy as hell out there.

Just renewed my exit visa for the next six months, guess I’m the eternal optimist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 purplecorn

No close contact and I have no idea where I got it. We stuck to the rules. I got it from grocery shopping or walking in the park. It really is very contagious.

Hope you feel better soon!

This is what I'm really nervous about as I'm the same as yourself and just goes to show how contagious it is :/

I know you said you didn't have any close contacts to alert but could you have picked it up way before you became symptomatic i.e. at or before Christmas if you mixed with anyone then? Do you both work from home? Do you have kids that could have picked it up at school/creche?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

No snow down here. Just an air frost. Ground is clear.

/end of weather forecast.

Tea & deskside. Just enough milk for this cuppa. In two minds whether to head out to get some more now, or hold off until later.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    No snow down here. Just an air frost. Ground is clear.

/end of weather forecast.

Tea & deskside. Just enough milk for this cuppa. In two minds whether to head out to get some more now, or hold off until later.

Do it now while tea has heated you, too easy get comfortable later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Snowing here and it such a beautiful white winter wonderland :) I might make a snowman and maybe a snowwoman aswell ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭wildwillow

My Dad was told he deffo needs a hip replacement and it will be done in Belfast subject to restrictions. One more visit for pre op bloods etc and then by early March for the big job. He may have a little limp after it, but no more pain.

My neighbour had a knee replacement op in Belfast during the summer. He's doing very well, walking without pain, even though he didn't really give himself a chance to heal before going back to work.

I hope your Dad has a good outcome and that his surgery isn't delayed due to Covid situation.

Autosport wrote: »
    I might make a snowman and maybe a snowwoman aswell ;)
    Shouldn't it be a “snow person”?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Workside. Working. Isn't life graaaaaand.... :pac:

@ Smurf :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Grumpy back from his appointment with private consultant. He will repair the hernia under local anaesthetic, I will have to inject him at home for three nights prior with heparin, which I'm a bit nervous about, but otherwise relieved that something is finally being done. It's so disgraceful we have this 2 tier system. Grumpy's very fortunate to be able to afford to avail of private health care in urgent situations like this, but what about those for whom it us simply out of reach?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Grumpy back from his appointment with private consultant. He will repair the hernia under local anaesthetic, I will have to inject him at home for three nights prior with heparin, which I'm a bit nervous about, but otherwise relieved that something is finally being done. It's so disgraceful we have this 2 tier system. Grumpy's very fortunate to be able to afford to avail of private health care in urgent situations like this, but what about those for whom it us simply out of reach?

I am delighted for you and him!

I am delighted for you and him!

Thank you. How's that back of yours?

Thank you. How's that back of yours?

Waiting on a call from doctor it's pretty bad but I'll live..

Waiting on a call from doctor it's pretty bad but I'll live..

Hope the doc can sort you out Grem

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Snowing here and it such a beautiful white winter wonderland :) I might make a snowman and maybe a snowwoman aswell ;)

What's the difference between a snowman and a snow woman?

Snowballs. ☺️

Don't worry I'll get my coat lol. Couchside, took a half day with the intention of doing a big clean, take down decorations etc , I'm cuddled up here heating on, a big bag of Cadbury Wholenut chocolates, numerous coffees and I might stay here until bedtime, feet like 2 icicles.

What's the difference between a snowman and a snow woman?

Snowballs. ☺️

Don't worry I'll get my coat lol. Couchside, took a half day with the intention of doing a big clean, take down decorations etc , I'm cuddled up here heating on, a big bag of Cadbury Wholenut chocolates, numerous coffees and I might stay here until bedtime, feet like 2 icicles.

What's this about bags of wholenut chocolates? You get get bags of whole and nothing else? Why have I never heard of this?

Yes , they were selling them at Christmas, my favourite sweets, like the hazelnut whirl in the Roses. Not just a whole , chocolate and nut also.😂

Yes , they were selling them at Christmas, my favourite sweets, like the hazelnut whirl in the Roses. Not just a whole , chocolate and nut also.😂

Drooool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

smurfjed wrote: »
    My mom had this done years ago and bounced back within a week, so he will come back like a new man :):)

Is this covered by VHI as it’s in Belfast?

Nope. He's paying up front and then trying to claim some of it back via the HSE cross border directive scheme.

• Advertisement

Doc appointment tomorrow boo.

Google maps just shared a synopsis of my travel for 2020. Well that was focking depressing. Thanks a lot google! Also I thought I had tracking switched off. :(

Kitchenside, making sweet n sour for the dinner.

Grem hope the doc can sort something for your back.

Sardi glad to hear your dad is getting sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,302 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Google maps just shared a synopsis of my travel for 2020. Well that was focking depressing. Thanks a lot google! Also I thought I had tracking switched off. :(

Kitchenside, making sweet n sour for the dinner.

Grem hope the doc can sort something for your back.

Sardi glad to hear your dad is getting sorted.
    Any sign of that guard since? :p

To thine own self be true

Any sign of that guard since? :p

I have high hopes he'll be back next week!

I have high hopes he'll be back next week!

Hope you still have the scrap of paper with my digits on it, Buile!

Evening all :) It’s a cool one here, the front of the house the snow melted but the back of the house it didn’t. Definitely gonna be dangerous out there tomorrow.

Now I’m couchside watching Heartbeat :)

How you still have the scrap of paper with my digits on it, Buile!

Oh I sure do! And I didn't erase them and replace with my own. Nope nope nope. Hot cop is all yours.

Finished work for the day. (not often I get to say that.:D)

Cooling my jets with a beer and looking out my tech desk window at the lying snow that is freezing hard. Also wondering why some drivers think the road is normal. :eek: From my vantage point its like a feckin ice rink. Gonna be very bad in the morning. Take it easy if walking or driving.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Avoiding DC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭thomil

Tableside, tired as hell. Not even coffee will help at this stage I'm afraid...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

Sitting on the couch feeling drowsy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Coffeehouse. Need caffeine after last night.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In bed with a rotten head cold...

JupiterKid wrote: »
    In bed with a rotten head cold...

Uh oh. Hope you're ok Kid.

Looking for a movie to watch with the takeaway in a while. Nothing beats munching down a Chinese takeaway with a pint of milk and a good movie and then flaking into the leaba on a freezing cold night. It won't be raise the Titanic either.:D Mentally stimulated today, but mentally drained too as a result. No better way to wind down sipping a beer. One more stint tomorrow and then show me the money transfer before the upload.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Looking for a movie to watch D

Currently watching captain phillips, it's not bad, abit slow but watchable.

We watched a kids movie - Turbo, got a right laugh, needed something a bit brain dead..

I've settled on a selection of Laurel & Hardy short films as I need a break from all the high tech way we edit things these days. I also watched the Movie Chaplin a few days ago. I was sat behind a digital edit suite today. Its quick, simple enough, still requires a skill, but doesn't involve all the absolute revolutionary things that happened way back then. Its so refreshing to watch the sloppiness from the 1920/30s and to think that those guys were real pioneers. Makes you appreciate your skill. A bit like smurfjed flying with the Wright brothers.:D He'll get it!:D

I just finished watching Fior Sceal on TG4. It was a documentary about Covid 19 from an ecological/sociological point of view.
    It was fascinating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Looking for a movie to watch with the takeaway in a while. Nothing beats munching down a Chinese takeaway with a pint of milk and a good movie and then flaking into the leaba on a freezing cold night. It won't be raise the Titanic either.:D Mentally stimulated today, but mentally drained too as a result. No better way to wind down sipping a beer. One more stint tomorrow and then show me the money transfer before the upload.:D

What ya get from the Chinese G?
    Looking for ideas for Sat night.

One more day at the coal face. Yippee.
    Mr Sam not looking forward to being muinteoir again on Monday while trying to work from home.

Samsgirl wrote: »

One more day at the coal face. Yippee.
    Mr Sam not looking forward to being muinteoir again on Monday while trying to work from home.
    I'm in your husband's boat too and dreading it.
    I'll manage the work fine because I won't be under time pressure too much but trying to motivate and encourage the child is going to he very challenging...again.
    But I totally support the school building closures, it's inevitable.

Wet and miserable looking day around here and 12 degrees, just as well that I have to isolate for another week.

@Grandeeod, these days we call them children of the magenta line, program the computer and follow the line on the screen, so totally different to even 20 years ago. That’s why I love reading stories about the early pioneers.

My housemaid is off this morning to get her first shot of the Pfizer vaccine, 4 days after she applied. She is 61 so it was rather quick based on age.

Samsgirl wrote: »

Sezchuan beef and fried rice. Oh and chips too.

At the tech desk. About five hours of work and then a walk to rebalance the brain.

Another lovely cold frosty morning, great for walks

• Advertisement

Happy Friday!!!!!

Roads are lethal out my way so a walk is postponed for now.

Kitchenside making lunch

Doc not sure about back so all of the good drugs and a review in a fortnight in case of slipped disc..

Doc not sure about back so all of the good drugs and a review in a fortnight in case of slipped disc..

Sounds serious Grem. Is that you off work?

Sounds serious Grem. Is that you off work?

Nah no point being off. Need to keep moving..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Night owl gal

Couchside

I got a supervalu delivery this morning, I now have enough food for a month now :D

Not having the best week though, few migraines etc. Hoping its just a blip

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement