Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Out of Season 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I gave my bedroom a big clean last night got loads of rubbish out of it and I took down my little Christmas tree. It reminded me of getting ready for Christmas for some reason.
    Hope ye all had a good Rudolph Day. (Only 9 more of them to go:cool:)

Sorry fresh but when I read that post it makes of think of a teenager having to clean their room :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The jolly boys outing the Christmas 1989 only fools and horses special starting on Gold now, followed by mother nature's sons which was another Christmas special.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Was in SuperValu earlier and they are still selling Cadbury’s Christmas biscuits( in packs) and Malteser Reindeer bars :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

DvB wrote: »
    The jolly boys outing the Christmas 1989 only fools and horses special starting on Gold now, followed by mother nature's sons which was another Christmas special.
    Peckham Spring. :D

Posy wrote: »
    Peckham Spring. :D

One of the best. Brilliant TV.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Just 3 years ago we were the complete opposite of seasonal warmth with the Beast from the East causing havok!

This popped up on my 'memories' from 28th February 2018 today. :)

vHFkSQE.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

This is a bit eerie

From the Guardian

Ghosts of Christmas past: festive displays remain in London's locked-down shops - in pictures

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/gallery/2021/mar/05/ghosts-of-christmas-past-festive-displays-remain-in-londons-locked-down-shops-in-pictures

6778.jpg

There's a few places in Dublin city like that- it's a bit creepy and sad. :(

There's a few places in Dublin city like that- it's a bit creepy and sad. :(

Spotted a couple in Athy on my way to Kilkenny yesterday. Got the impression they mightn't be opening again either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Took a detour on my usual route around the corner from my house, when I walked my dog last night. Spotted three houses on the same road still displaying festive decorations. One still had one of those electrical candle sets in the living room window, one still had their tree in the front garden decorated with lights still turned on and one still had a wreath on the door.

• Advertisement

Over the weekend we ended up watching the christmas & new years specials of GBBO we had recorded over the Christmas holidays (finally trying to clear some memory on the sky box) and it was great seeing all the adverts & the like as well... the kids got a great buzz out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

My local Super Valu had a stand set up in the shop selling off Christmas Puddings at the weekend.

Over the weekend we ended up watching the christmas & new years specials of GBBO we had recorded over the Christmas holidays (finally trying to clear some memory on the sky box) and it was great seeing all the adverts & the like as well... the kids got a great buzz out of it.

I love seeing the ads out of season, always brings a smile to my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

There is a pub in Ringsend that still has all their decorations in their windows.

Having to work late tonight so decided after a break to start listening to christmas podcasts again to keep me entertained. Had stopped during the build up as I had plenty of other christmas stuff to keep me going and after a break of a over 3 montsh have decided to dip my toe in again.
    So cant wait for christmas episode 61 it is!! Funnily enough the presenter who can be a tad irritating at times seems far less so after the break so am enjoying the podcast more than i expected to.

The podcasts are on my list. Will hopefully get round to them at some stage this year. Might take a break from the reading next month and listen to a few instead.

Home alone starts its regular monthly run on the build up to christmas on film 4 tonight at 6.55pm

Home alone starts its regular monthly run on the build up to christmas on film 4 tonight at 6.55pm

Seems like awhile since I randomly came across it. Wonder did they give it a rest for a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

"on the build up to christmas"

Absolutely loving that:D

Not really Christmas, but our GAA club had a zoom music bingo night last night and the guy running it was gifting Garvan from Christmas FM. Copped the voice straight away and the more he spoke the more it reminded me of my drive in to the office before Christmas as he'd be on the morning slot on Christmas fm as I drove in... Next time I hear him Christmas FM will be back live i suspect.

• Advertisement

I was flicking through Sky Movies the other evening and noticed the Happiest Season was on, flicked down another couple of channels and watched the last ten minutes of its a Wonderful Life, gave me a small lift two Christmas movies on at the same time in the middle of March. :)

I got McDonalds, and my coke came in a Christmas cup. :)

I got McDonalds, and my coke came in a Christmas cup. :)

I think you call that a Brucy Bonus :D

Bbc2 at 2pm Charles dickens and the invention of Christmas. Saw it before in the build up one year, narrated by Griffin rhys Jones, defo worth a look if interested in some of the historical traditions we associate with Christmas.

Just back from the weekly grocery shop in Dunnes, odd timing but heard them play Dido's 'Christmas Day' whilst I was picking up our few bits... no other christmas songs just thst one in the middle of some other bland stuff.

Went a slightly different route last night walking the little doggy and while going through a neighbouring estate one of the houses had a fairly big tree in their garden fully lit up.
    Was lovely to see and of course had to stop for a few seconds and just stare at it, wonder if the people in the house are secret Elf's as well? :)

Just back from the weekly grocery shop in Dunnes, odd timing but heard them play Dido's 'Christmas Day' whilst I was picking up our few bits... no other christmas songs just thst one in the middle of some other bland stuff.

Fair play picking out any songs. I’m in the shops as short a time as possible so focusing so much on trying to find things that zone everything else out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,384 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm working through the US Office and last night one of the episodes was the season 6 Christmas party!

Snow!!!

• Advertisement

What crazy weather!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement