Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Rugby 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Pablo matera signs for her crusaders just cos you know, he can....

Sheeesh

All that cash they're getting from Leinster had to go somewhere!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Dane coles has such a punchable face

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Dane coles has such a punchable face

He's not very likeable at all

Bazzo wrote: »
    He's not very likeable at all

He's king of the cheap spot.
    He's lucky today he didn't get sent off for standing on a guys neck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Haven't seen the game but I always thought that Dane Coles is the sort of player you love to have on your team but he would be so annoying to play against. A lot like Itoje. I love Coles when he plays for the ABs and hate him when he plays against the Blues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Pablo matera signs for her crusaders just cos you know, he can....

Sheeesh

Interesting choice from both sides. Obviously a quality player though, he will add a lot to their very green loose forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Haven't seen the game but I always thought that Dane Coles is the sort of player you love to have on your team but he would be so annoying to play against. A lot like Itoje. I love Coles when he plays for the ABs and hate him when he plays against the Blues.

Now maybe Itoje has a tendancy to do things like this that I havn't noticed, but I think the difference is Itoje doesn't do scummy things like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ3IOUlF0TI

accensi0n wrote: »
    Now maybe Itoje has a tendancy to do things like this that I havn't noticed, but I think the difference is Itoje doesn't do scummy things like this:

his stamp on harmons neck later in the game was way worse

• Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Is Regan still playing ?

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Is Regan still playing ?

As far as I know he is still in contention but he was brought in as an injury replacement, once the players returned from injury, he dropped down the pecking order. Don't think he played badly, just fully fit the Highlanders have 4 second rows ahead of him.

• Advertisement

Yep that was absolute scum, then looks straight at the ref with a grin after the other player reacts...

Didn't notice the stamp later tbh as was only half watching

Itoje definitely does annoying stuff to wind up the opposition like that. Glad Coles got pinged for it.

Didn't see the stamp so can't comment on it.

Don't get to watch super rugby at all these days as I've left for work Friday and Saturday by the time it kicks off so you'll have to forgive me if I'm behind the times but found it gas that Canes' 7's first name was "Du'Plessis" despite clearly being of Polynesian heritage. Looked it up and his auld lad named him after Morne Du Plessis

hahashake wrote: »
    As far as I know he is still in contention but he was brought in as an injury replacement, once the players returned from injury, he dropped down the pecking order. Don't think he played badly, just fully fit the Highlanders have 4 second rows ahead of him.

Yes, they extended his contract to the end of the season. Moving back up here in the summer.

https://www.odt.co.nz/sport/rugby/ospreys-signs-otago-pair-collins-regan

Michael Collins is a great signing!!!

And Jack too of course, but he's starting out on his career

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

That is a savage signing for the crusaders. Had no inkling of that. Welcome pablo.

Not a classic. Blues experience won through in the end. Can't help but feel Crusaders will wipe the floor with Chiefs next weekend, even though Chiefs will be back to full strength.

Yeah very messy but Chiefs were playing a B-team with 6 debutants and were still in it until the last 1/4. Back to full strength they can challenge (with a bit of luck and DMac magic).

Dominic Bird going back to NZ to join the canes

Dominic Bird going back to NZ to join the canes

How was he for Racing? He's only 30 and a big lump so will be useful for the ABs second row depth.

• Advertisement

hahashake wrote: »
    How was he for Racing? He's only 30 and a big lump so will be useful for the ABs second row depth.

He was good without setting the world on fire. Seemed to be first choice in a lot of big matches in recent years. If he plays well for the Canes and theres a couple of injuries, I could see him getting a few more caps.

Squads for the NZ and AU SR finals this weekend:

Crusaders:
    Will Jordan, Sevu Reece, Leicester Fainga’anuku, David Havili, George Bridge, Richie Mo’unga, Mitchell Drummond, Cullen Grace, Sione Havili Talitui, Ethan Blackadder, Samuel Whitelock, Scott Barrett (c), Michael Alaalatoa, Codie Taylor, George Bower.
    Reserves: Brodie McAlister, Tamaiti Williams, Oliver Jager, Mitchell Dunshea, Tom Sanders, Bryn Hall, Dallas McLeod, Braydon Ennor.

Chiefs:
    Damian McKenzie, Jonah Lowe, Anton Lienert-Brown, Alex Nankivell, Etene Nanai-Seturo, Bryn Gatland, Brad Weber (c), Luke Jacobson, Lachlan Boshier, Pita Gus Sowakula, Mitchell Brown, Tupou Vaa’i, Angus Ta’avao, Samisoni Taukei’aho, Aidan Ross.
    Reserves: Bradley Slater, Ollie Norris, Sione Mafileo, Naitoa Ah Kuoi, Zane Kapeli, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Rameka Poihipi, Chase Tiatia.

Reds
    (1-15): Feao Fotuaika, Brandon Paenga-Amosa, Taniela Tupou, Ryan Smith, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Angus Scott-Young, Fraser McReight, Harry Wilson, Tate McDermott, James O'Connor (c), Jock Campbell, Hamish Stewart, Josh Flook, Jordan Petaia, Bryce Hegarty
    Reserves: Alex Mafi, Dane Zander, Zane Nonggorr, Seru Uru, Liam Wright, Kalani Thomas, Isaac Henry, Filipo Daugunu

Brumbies
    (1-15): Scott Sio, Lachlan Lonergan, Allan Alaalatoa (c), Darcy Swain, Cadeyrn Neville, Nick Frost, Rory Scott, Rob Valetini, Nic White, Noah Lolesio, Tom Wright, Irae Simone, Len Ikitau, Andy Muirhead, Tom Banks
    Reserves: Folau Fainga'a, Harry Lloyd, Tom Ross, Henry Stowers, Luke Reimer, Ryan Lonergan, Reesjan Pasitoa, Mack Hansen

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Caleb Clarke skipping the trans-tasman tournament and any chance of the AB tests for NZ 7s, interesting call

Caleb Clarke skipping the trans-tasman tournament and any chance of the AB tests for NZ 7s, interesting call

Where did you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Wow! I kinda get it, he needs to get back to scoring from those explosive runs he makes. Realistically it's now or never for an Olympic medal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

World Rugby are showing the Reds v Brumbies final live and for free tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Chiefs vs crusaders Bout to kick off

Chiefs are going to have to be at their best to have a chance

And a full house watching, great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Super try there for the Chiefs. What an offload after drawing in 2/3 defenders.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Captain's referral was used as a delay tactic there, and it worked.

Advertisement