Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gardening Bargain Alerts Mega Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Is there anywhere with good deals on bareroot ornamental trees like Amelanchier etc? Don't really see much difference in prices between bareroots and potted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

If you currently live within 5km of a Homebase store, they are currently selling all seeds 2 for 1. I was in the Santry store today and the staff member there told me that this was in all stores.

This includes vegetables and flowers and is across all brands.

There are some Mr Fothergill's vegetable seeds packaged as 100% extra free and these are also included in the 2 for 1 offer.

Happy sowing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Its probably a bit late to mention it but Lidl had their seeds in recently. Useful range and less than half the price of anyone else, but shelves had been almost emptied of veg seed by the time I got there but still found a few. My past experience had been good with Lidl veg seed only downside seems to be some generic varities and limited range.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pat2167

I've been chasing Lidl seeds since last week, haven't arrived yet. no bare roots this morning either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭grinder23

pat2167 wrote: »
    I've been chasing Lidl seeds since last week, haven't arrived yet. no bare roots this morning either.

The full stand was in today in Longford also bare root trees too I think they getting held up coming from UK plenty of veg and flower seeds at 9pm

Aldi will start selling seeds, including potatoes from Sunday 28th. https://ibb.co/8jLHXcx8jLHXcx

I'll have to take a look for myself because I've had enough of tracking links :rolleyes:

grinder23 wrote: »
    The full stand was in today in Longford also bare root trees too I think they getting held up coming from UK plenty of veg and flower seeds at 9pm

Great! Thanks for the update. there was none this morning. i'll pop-in early tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭fits

Good offers on garden furniture with JYSK right now

https://jysk.ie/garden

I may have bought a few things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

fits wrote: »
    Good offers on garden furniture with JYSK right now

https://jysk.ie/garden

I may have bought a few things.

What's the quality like - heard very mixed reviews

TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭Bill Hook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

B&Q have 10 solar lights for 9.99 at the moment, I got 2 packs and so far they are working out well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

GreeBo wrote: »
    B&Q have 10 solar lights for 9.99 at the moment, I got 2 packs and so far they are working out well!

Have you got a link? My experience with most of these is they are totally crap and stop working after a few months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

johnb25 wrote: »
    The Bosch Chipper shredder finally arrived this evening. Took longer than estimated, and a few emails to chase it up. Ordered June 13th, estimated delivery date given between June 18th and 25th. Maybe get to try it out over the weekend. Currently on offer on eBay for €480.
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/172730616966

Hi John, having used it for almost a year would you recommend it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Mad Benny wrote: »

I've a bosch atx. It does what it say on the tin after 3 years of use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

Mad Benny wrote: »

Yes, would do. Did a good bit with it recently with hedge cutting and tidy-up. Not very quick, but mostly does a good job. Things like briars and brambles might not cut cleanly if too green or fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭redmagic68

I’ve been using the Mc Alister one for over a year, branches, beech hedge and garden cuttings. As with the other poster it is slow buts gets the job done with little hassle.
    It’s currently on sale for €116 on Screwfix quite a bit less than the Bosch. I have to say I think it’s value for money.

8.4 kwp east/west Louth,6kw sofar, 9.6kwh batt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I know nothing about power washers but would this be any good? Mainly for path and patio

https://www.aldi.ie/ferrex-2200w-pressure-washer/p/804340467397400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

They are good, But as its not as self feeder consider can it get enough water from the tap quick enough?

Most places have enough pressure but something to consider before buying a powerwasher

http://gardensforlife.ie/shop/

Martins spring sale has started. I picked up a nice selection of stuff off him.

He told me he'll have a load of fruit bushes in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭cityboyjim

【2021 Hot Sale】Aluminum Walk-in Greenhouse Nature Series Hybrid Hobby Greenhouse
    ⭐Limited-inventory⭐:Limited time special【$23.98 HOT SALE】Aluminum Walk-in Greenhouse Nature Series Hybrid Hobby Greenhouse【Promotion】Aluminum Walk-in Greenhouse Nature Series Hybrid Hobby Greenhouse gloves
    $23.98

Could the above be some sort of scam I wonder .Seems an amazing deal

LINK ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,777 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The postage would be a bit steep.

Its a tenner they say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭cargen

cityboyjim wrote: »

Link is not working. Could you please resend

I will try again tomorrow .I must be doing something wrong

They appear to be selling gardening gloves, why send to the US (presumably US dollars) for gardening gloves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

cityboyjim wrote: »
    【2021 Hot Sale】Aluminum Walk-in Greenhouse Nature Series Hybrid Hobby Greenhouse
    ⭐Limited-inventory⭐:Limited time special【$23.98 HOT SALE】Aluminum Walk-in Greenhouse Nature Series Hybrid Hobby Greenhouse【Promotion】Aluminum Walk-in Greenhouse Nature Series Hybrid Hobby Greenhouse gloves
    $23.98
    https://www.wers.store/products/walk-in-greenhouse

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Murt10

johnb25 wrote: »

I'd happily pay the full price (€145.82) for that. If it looks too good to be true ....

I'm puzzled as to how they make their money though. I mean, you just get on to your CC company, and say the goods haven't arrived or aren't as described, and you get your money (€19.76) put back in your account.

Maybe the're just harvesting CC details.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Only registered this year, have no mail server, no reviews pretty much anywhere. Screams scam

looksee wrote: »
    They appear to be selling gardening gloves, why send to the US (presumably US dollars) for gardening gloves?

That was my take. Its gardening gloves not a greenhouse at that price
    824 for greenhouse

Weepsie wrote: »
    Only registered this year, have no mail server, no reviews pretty much anywhere. Screams scam

Did you even need to do a lookup to think its a scam?

I'd question the IQ of anyone who thought it was legit?

And then there's this...

https://www.wers.store/products/new-electric-tricycle

whatever it is, its great value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Weepsie wrote: »

The exceptionally poor English is enough of a warning to me.

Plus
    the biggest red flag is that the domain name is very young. It was registered a few weeks ago. This makes it very hard for a brand new website to launch the business, promote the services/products, get customers to buy them, use them, and then have the time to leave the reviews, too - all in a very short time. Hence the New. Suspicious. Dubious. tags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭fiacha

Centz stores (think they are only in Dublin ??)

315m of jute garden twine for €3.85. Found it in with the candle holders for some reason !
    Looks and feels decent quality. Will have to see how it holds up over the summer.

Bosch Battery Strimmer on Amazon

Bosch Grass Trimmer UniversalGrassCut 18-26 (1x battery 2.5 Ah, 18 Volt System, cutting ⌀: 26cm, adjustable handles) £88.36

Camelcamelcamel indicates thats a good price.

Doubt it is that powerful but probably ideal for smaller gardens.

• Advertisement

Bosch Battery Strimmer on Amazon

Bosch Grass Trimmer UniversalGrassCut 18-26 (1x battery 2.5 Ah, 18 Volt System, cutting ⌀: 26cm, adjustable handles) £88.36

Camelcamelcamel indicates thats a good price.

Doubt it is that powerful but probably ideal for smaller gardens.

Thankfully the link says can't ship to Ireland and price is now 129£ :)

It was OK when I posted the link. Originally sold and supplied by Amazon now its a third party. If I'm not actually buying something I always follow all the way through the checkout to get the price to Ireland and to check that they will post here.

Its surprising how quick listings can change. Posted one the other day that was fine for me to buy one item but not longer after a minimum order of two was required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

Having worked a few years back for amazon.co.uk customer service this was a common feature of anything they sell with lithium ion batteries included in the product. I think it was due to safety issues relating to the batteries when in transit.

macraignil wrote: »
    Having worked a few years back for amazon.co.uk customer service this was a common feature of anything they sell with lithium ion batteries included in the product. I think it was due to safety issues relating to the batteries when in transit.

As I said fine for Ireland when I posted the link but Amazon themselves are obviously sold out.

Agree anything with batteries in it or just batteries can be a pain on Amazon.

Just bought a bargain alert phone from Amazon didn't give a second thought to the batteries but they sent it all the same. Came with the usual big sticker on the side saying something about lithium batteries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

If you want to feel even better, I bought it at the discount price, used it once and sent it back. Very unimpressed with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

do the Co Op stores ever have a sale?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Great deal, thanks for sharing.

aw wrote: »
    Great deal, thanks for sharing.

Make sure you know which ones you are getting. Those are the "original" type which are a little heavier in their design and construction from some of the fancier styles.

While I have lost a few pairs to the compost heap over the years (if you find them quick enough they are OK but a year later nah not really) I still have a pair of those that is at least 15 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭Bill Hook

Win some free plants this weekend...

http://gardensforlife.ie/category/whatsnew/

I saw that flower seed mix boxes will be coming back in Lidl. For the price of 3.29 I think it is a really good price, I especially recommend the climbing mix)

• Advertisement
Advertisement