Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

7metres typically i might guess?? Bit more maybe if your directing her up at the sky with the old type one. (Great for thicker loads.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

You tend to notice the knives being blunt fairly quickly in terms of diesel burned.

Lad i work for has a f5500.
    You can set/monitor the pressure behind the knives
    If the knives are blunt tge pressure increases and it starts alarming.
    Sharpen the knives and the alarms go away .
    Great job really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Got a zetor 7211 recently...

Driving it today, a light came on the dash - looking online, it seems to be the ‘pilot bulb of the pto shaft clutch‘

What exactly is this, and why would it come on and then go off again?
    And... the most important question - should I be concerned? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

If its the one I'm thinking off then its the hand clutch for the PTO - the reverse oriented handbrake style lever on the LHS of the driver seat.
    Make sure it is fully down (engaged) that the switch unit is clear.

If its coming on and off then it is more than likely the switch itself is faulty as it takes a bit of might to get it up in order to disengage.

• Advertisement

Is it a red light on top right of the dashboard?

Is it a red light on top right of the dashboard?

Yep, that’s the one...

It has a sticker under it saying ‘Max 5 mins’ or something like that...

I wasn’t using the hand clutch at the time, just driving, so not sure why it should have come on...
    It went off again by itself though :)

If you watch this at around the 7min mark he starts describing the control levers on the floor - might be useful info for you - more than I could remember.
    A lot of the rest of it is guff.

Just remembered that ours has 3 'handbrake style' levers on the Left hand side - conventionally oriented one was the handbrake, rearwards facing was the hand-clutch and vertically facing one was the PUH release.

Yep, that’s the one...

It has a sticker under it saying ‘Max 5 mins’ or something like that...

I wasn’t using the hand clutch at the time, just driving, so not sure why it should have come on...
    It went off again by itself though :)

Yes, 5 min max for it disengaged.

I'd say its a bare wire earthing somewhere on that circuit. If you try engaging the PTO you'll realise the amount of force (and flexibility!) required to get the clutch to disengage - left hand behind you pulling the hand clutch upwards whilst bent over pulling/pushing on the lever below gearstick :pac:

Yes, 5 min max for it disengaged.

I'd say its a bare wire earthing somewhere on that circuit. If you try engaging the PTO you'll realise the amount of force (and flexibility!) required to get the clutch to disengage - left hand behind you pulling the hand clutch upwards whilst bent over pulling/pushing on the lever below gearstick :pac:

Yeah, it works grand, for the PTO / hydraulics - I had heard about the backwards facing hand clutch all right, but was expecting it to be worse...

I was just surprised when the light come on today... :)

Thanks for replies Funky...

• Advertisement

I wouldn't worry about your PTO, but I'd take a look at the electrics in case there is something in there that needs sorting before it becomes an issue.
    Might just need a drop of contact cleaner but if its a bare wire earthing somewhere then best getting it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭FeelTheBern

Looking to put a new diesel tank for the tractor inside a shed. Would just be gravity flow. Does the tank need to be bunded or is a normal plastic home heating oil tank ok? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭bamayang

Whats the breakdown between using grease and oil on machines?
    Is it anything experiencing high speed gets oil and slow continuous exposure gets grease?

Refurbishing a metal cutting bandsaw at the min and will be putting back together in next few weeks. Want to make sure i put it back right and wondering what should be used for:
    Enclosed Gearbox (wormwheel)
    Main pivot bar
    lead screw for clamping mechanism

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Looking to put a new diesel tank for the tractor inside a shed. Would just be gravity flow. Does the tank need to be bunded or is a normal plastic home heating oil tank ok? Thanks

I used the normal heating tanks here. Just make sure the tank is higher than the fuel tank of the tractor for gravity fed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

541751.jpg
    Shiney.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Shiney.

Noice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Shiney.

What way does the gate on the front of the trailer work?

Looks a fine trailer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Well wear LC. Did you buy it on the Tipperary road?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭josephsoap

[quotIMG]
    Shiney.[/quote]

Nice, wear well,

Where are them trailers made ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Looks a fine trailer, well wear as they say.

Is that the dividing gate on the front with the latch?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Shiney.

Well ware LC. There's not that Indespension trailers locally although they look a fine job. The only fault I could find on the few I have seen is that the hanging mechanism for the dividing gate isn't very sturdy and is prone to detaching when under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I have an Indespension boat trailer. Over 20 years old. The Rolls Royce of boat trailers.

They have an excellent stores in Dublin.

I’m sure the agri trailers are just as well put together as the boat ones.

What way does the gate on the front of the trailer work?

Looks a fine trailer.

It's the internal dividing gate.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Well wear LC. Did you buy it on the Tipperary road?

No bought it up in Athlone.

Nice looking trailer - wear well.

Is this taking the place of the 20ft tractor drawn trailer you were considering previously?

josephsoap wrote: »
    [quotIMG]
    Shiney.

Nice, wear well,

Where are them trailers made ?[/quote]

Made in the UK, they are the same as the hudsons were built off the same plans. They were actually making trailers for Hudson for a few years as far as I know.

Well ware LC. There's not that Indespension trailers locally although they look a fine job. The only fault I could find on the few I have seen is that the hanging mechanism for the dividing gate isn't very sturdy and is prone to detaching when under pressure.

I didn't even really look at the dividing gate to be honest....Can't be any worse than the ifor. Its heavy anyway and seems way stronger than the 14ft ifor I have that's wrecked, money wasn't out of the way so we'll see how it works out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I didn't even really look at the dividing gate to be honest....Can't be any worse than the ifor. Its heavy anyway and seems way stronger than the 14ft ifor I have that's wrecked, money wasn't out of the way so we'll see how it works out.

Yes you have a point about it being on a par or better than the Ivor dividing gate, I see several lads with chains on them as a backup latch. You buy it off Bannons?

Yes you have a point about it being on a par or better than the Ivor dividing gate, I see several lads with chains on them as a backup latch. You buy it off Bannons?

No M O Toole Trailers. Nice man to deal with I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

No M O Toole Trailers. Nice man to deal with I thought.

We have 2 trailers bought off him aswell . Very sound lad

Advertisement