Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Too fuppin late now!
    I'll try it for this year anyway and if I go demented it will be up on Donedeal for Christmas

Give me a shout then :D

Looks abit better than the one we looked over that day.

Could you lower it a little as it seems high on the lift arms

How did ya find putting it on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Reggie. wrote: »
    Give me a shout then :D

Looks abit better than the one we looked over that day.

Could you lower it a little as it seems high on the lift arms

How did ya find putting it on

Bit fresher alright!
    Can lower it no problem. Didn't spend too much time setting it up for work. Was just bringing it home.
    Bit of a pain in the hole putting it on. Mainly the A-frame and getting that lined up. Not much space between it and the tractor. Good thing it only needs to be put on/off once or twice a year.

Bit fresher alright!
    Can lower it no problem. Didn't spend too much time setting it up for work. Was just bringing it home.
    Bit of a pain in the hole putting it on. Mainly the A-frame and getting that lined up. Not much space between it and the tractor. Good thing it only needs to be put on/off once or twice a year.

Yeah it's not a thing you will throw on or off daily.

Well wear

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Grueller wrote: »
    You should never have bought that yoke. I have one here (not as fresh as that granted) and it is the most hateful ****ing job on any farm. I almost wish it would give up so I would have an excuse not to do it myself.

Same here, I hated the job. contractors have way better machines anyway

wrangler wrote: »
    Same here, I hated the job. contractors have way better machines anyway

Have to say it's a job that never bothered me. Far worse out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

does the battery isolator switch go on the positive or negative?
    currently I'm just lifting the lead off the earth and that does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Suckler

does the battery isolator switch go on the positive or negative?
    currently I'm just lifting the lead off the earth and that does the trick.

Negative/earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Have to say it's a job that never bothered me. Far worse out there

At 35 euro incl vat a hour which is the going rate locally, the job dosent pay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Suckler wrote: »
    Negative/earth.
    Thanks.
    it's on a skidsteer which had a pile of problems when I bought it, it was a non runner.

bit by bit its improving. there's less things to fiddle with to get it going each time. I think it's down to ten now!

jaymla627 wrote: »
    At 35 euro incl vat a hour which is the going rate locally, the job dosent pay

Not a chance. Not driving for myself. How could ya run one at that price. Thats mental

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

New secondhand machine. Have to say, it's fresh.

Fresh looking machine, I don't think the job is that hateful, definitely worse. One thing is though, it's worth your while making up a board or something for the side of the bonnet to protect it, tractor here has one season done on the hedge cutter and the mudguards and bonnets is destroyed, especially given that you have a Fendt on it ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Grueller

40+VAT around here for hedge cutting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭White Clover

New secondhand machine. Have to say, it's fresh.

2021-02-13-11-51-38.jpg

2021-02-13-12-03-22.jpg

I'll say it again,.....that's a fabulous tractor!
    Many hours on it now rooster?

Grueller wrote: »
    40+VAT around here for hedge cutting

Was thinking that myself. It's near €50 inc around here

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭degetme

50 plus vat I was charged

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭stanflt

Was thinking that myself. It's near €50 inc around here

35 all in around here also

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭French Toast

€45 inc. VAT here.

Lads only using it to keep a tractor from being idle between silage and slurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

€45 inc. VAT here.

Lads only using it to keep a tractor from being idle between silage and slurry.

there's a huge difference with any of the contractors using the twincuts, it has to be 50% faster

stanflt wrote: »
    35 all in around here also

Madness as that wouldnt pay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Is it possible to get a radio to save preset radio stations, they keep getting knocked off when isolation switch is turned off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

timple23 wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a radio to save preset radio stations, they keep getting knocked off when isolation switch is turned off.

Not without a source of power.

The factory isolator switch on John Deere’s had a 1amp fused supply fed from the battery to the radio for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Madness as that wouldnt pay

That's the going rate, it's the one job I wouldn't dream of doing in house when you can get it done so cheap, it's a cashflow job for alot of lads just to be keeping a few euros coming in the economics of it don't really come into it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

€50 p/h NET around here for the hedge trimming.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭mengele

timple23 wrote: »

Yes the jvc ones Have a memory built in. Had to get ones for all my tractors with isolators. Look up halfords for the cheapest jvc and check spec to make sure it has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

mengele wrote: »
    Yes the jvc ones Have a memory built in. Had to get ones for all my tractors with isolators. Look up halfords for the cheapest jvc and check spec to make sure it has it.

I stand corrected, didn’t realise they had that function

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Fresh looking machine, I don't think the job is that hateful, definitely worse. One thing is though, it's worth your while making up a board or something for the side of the bonnet to protect it, tractor here has one season done on the hedge cutter and the mudguards and bonnets is destroyed, especially given that you have a Fendt on it ha

Won't spend too much now for a while till I see how I get on with it. Will throw a rug or old carpet over the bonnet for the moment and something along the mudguard. One for the guntering thread I'm sure!
    I'll say it again,.....that's a fabulous tractor!
    Many hours on it now rooster?

Has just over 1200 up now. No major issues thankfully. Few sensors act the knob but a power cycle clears them. Front grill rusts though. A problem on a lot of Fendts I'm told. On the 3rd one now in 2.5 years. No trouble getting them replaced from AGCO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

Where would I get parts to repair this loader joystick? It’s a Ruby loader.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

mengele wrote: »

Something like this?

https://uk.jvc.com/car-entertainment/iphone/KD-R992BT/

Have a Pioneer Mvh-S420bt still in box, might return it for above one.

• Advertisement

jaymla627 wrote: »
    That's the going rate, it's the one job I wouldn't dream of doing in house when you can get it done so cheap, it's a cashflow job for alot of lads just to be keeping a few euros coming in the economics of it don't really come into it

I'm not doubting ya but it makes no sense. That's why I'll never do it myself. Better off driving for someone

Advertisement