Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Odelay

If they were of any use they’d be everywhere. Too good to be true. The landed cost including shipping, customs, vat will be a hell of a lot higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

finding myself strangled here trying to fork baled silage..would a secondhand shear grab work for slicing up bales?..couldn't justify the €3500 for a dedicated bale shears

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Guys - I asked a question over here in relation to cheap diggers in AliBaba (I was asked about them...)
    Anyone with some knowledge..?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058153228

I don't think it's worth the grief. You'd be better off buying an older well know and reliable brand than a new Chinese built machine. A few years ago I was driving a Chinese made loader ( I can't think of the make) and it was a horrible machine to operate. The only good thing it had was a deutz engine.

Guys - I asked a question over here in relation to cheap diggers in AliBaba (I was asked about them...)
    Anyone with some knowledge..?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058153228

If its anything like them chinese loaders,steer well clear,or else buy a decent mig welder to weld bits that fall off,back on again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

finding myself strangled here trying to fork baled silage..would a secondhand shear grab work for slicing up bales?..couldn't justify the €3500 for a dedicated bale shears

Are you using a dung fork on a loader?

If so. Lay them on their side. And come in from their ends and keep taking little bits deeper from the top with the fork. And put along the barrier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Thanks for the replies. This fella will only see the bottom line so was trying to figure out how much it would cost to get it into the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

If a bale gets hard to graip here I just stick the bale spike into it off centre and lift. It teases it all out and makes it easier to spread. Done this with both a bale spike on the rear linkage and also with front end loader.

Can you get in perpendicular to your feeding gate? If so, a bale splitter might be the job for you. They are about €1300 new, but can be got around €750 second hand and not much to go wrong with them.

If you position the bale in centre of a gate and split, the bale will fall out to cover all of the gateway.
    See at 10:30 here:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Are you using a dung fork on a loader?

If so. Lay them on their side. And come in from their ends and keep taking little bits deeper from the top with the fork. And put along the barrier.

I never used bales before this year, I put the dung fork in at the end and shook it. bit's fell off as I reversed down the feeding passage, was easy enough then to fork it into the ewes.
    Have to say I was delighted when it was all gone

rescued this item from a hedge..seem to help a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Much better than working at them by hand!
    Chopped bales in particular will tear asunder easily with the grab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

You found a massey?

Reggie. wrote: »
    You found a massey?

yea was blocking a hole in the hedge

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Much better than working at them by hand!
    Chopped bales in particular will tear asunder easily with the grab.

the past 2 years it has been a welger 245 with 13 knives that bale the silage here..not a patch on how the mchale balers chop it unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Handy looking blue can there as well.

the past 2 years it has been a welger 245 with 13 knives that bale the silage here..not a patch on how the mchale balers chop it unfortunately

Is it your own?

If not, some fellas wouldn't have all the knives up at the same time.

Is it your own?

If not, some fellas wouldn't have all the knives up at the same time.

no its a contractor's machine..definitely has all knives in but maybe not sharp enough of something..previous bales made with a mchale f5500 with 15 knives fell apart once you removed the net...often tempted to buy my own baler but hp and time could be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Odelay

no its a contractor's machine..definitely has all knives in but maybe not sharp enough of something..previous bales made with a mchale f5500 with 15 knives fell apart once you removed the net...often tempted to buy my own baler but hp and time could be an issue

It doesn’t reflect well on the contractor when you’re considering buying a better machine than he has to get the job done..

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭2018na

davidk1394 wrote: »
    I don't think it's worth the grief. You'd be better off buying an older well know and reliable brand than a new Chinese built machine. A few years ago I was driving a Chinese made loader ( I can't think of the make) and it was a horrible machine to operate. The only good thing it had was a deutz engine.

Have you seen those Everun machines that are sold in Galway. Would the mini diggers be worth trying. The loading shovel got a decent review in the farmers journal

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Vittu

Forestry machine
    540930.jpg

Got the dini dynoed the other night. Shes a 6-140. Any ideas on what hp she had at the shaft from the factory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Got the dini dynoed the other night. Shes a 6-140. Any ideas on what hp she had at the shaft from the factory

I was hoping for around that figure but not quite right

• Registered Users Posts: 6,520 ✭✭✭jaymla627

I was hoping for around that figure but not quite right

150, you could map her out to 170 not a bother and the engine would be 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

2018na wrote: »
    Have you seen those Everun machines that are sold in Galway. Would the mini diggers be worth trying. The loading shovel got a decent review in the farmers journal

Only saw a few pics of the everrun yokes but the drive shaft seemed to be under the machine and not protected?

jaymla627 wrote: »
    150, you could map her out to 170 not a bother and the engine would be 100%

We have a winner. She ran 148hp at the shaft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Landini &ford, traditionally the best at the shaft

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

ruwithme wrote: »
    Landini &ford, traditionally the best at the shaft

I’d have to put Fiat in that group, and possibly top.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Grueller

I’d have to put Fiat in that group, and possibly top.

Isn't that where that engine on the landing would have its heritage?

Grueller wrote: »
    Isn't that where that engine on the landing would have its heritage?

Yep. Same as the current Iveco

• Advertisement

You tend to notice the knives being blunt fairly quickly in terms of diesel burned.

Advertisement