Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why don't Irish houses have bidets?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Bidet would be seen as 'having notions'.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Sac O Spuds

You'd end up having to install them in all the bathrooms in a house. Ensuites are small enough without another fixture. Would or do people actually use them?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,918 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You wouldn't. We are a one-pot household unfortunately, but I hear that many of those who are more endowed in the toilet department have "designated" pots to accept the heavier loads. e.g. no shyteing in the poorly ventilated en-suite.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Could the government for their dole just make the unemployed go around and use their hand to wipe the workers backside?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

No ..you do your business and "clean up" as normal...then over to the bidet w which is in VERY close proximity ...squat (Pulling the cheeks open is optional) fire a couple of " ranging" shots of water to the hoop.

Once the target ( Your Hoop) has been dialled in give her full choke and pressure and watch the few remaining flakes of dried in sh1te succumb to the onslaught and fcuck off down the pluggie.

Final wipe ..dry off...squirt of Lynx Africa...and your good for Coppers !

I'd substitute Old Spice body-spray for the Lynx Africa, but this man spake trath. Just the ticket after a dump worthy of a Caterpillar 994K. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Firefork

You’d have to turn the immersion on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just had my 3 bathrooms renovated and had bum-guns installed in all of them. Great for the arse and removing skid marks on the bowl before the wife sees them.

Do what they do in India
    Fit a hose onto the wall next to the toilet.

ANd in thailand,
    its called the bum gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

ANd in thailand,
    its called the bum gun.

So, what's with your finger?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

IMHO after Glenroe no Irish person wanted a Biddy in their house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

First thing I did when I got back from Japan was find out where I could buy a Japanese toilet.

Ended up instead buying one of those mechanical powered loo attachments on Amazon and it works like a dream.

Doesn't play music unfortunately :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

There is a cultural cringe associated with them now. They were all the go in the 70s carpeted pink or avocado green bathroom and now they are seen as an anachronism from that time nobody wants to be reminded of. Nothing to do with the functionality of the bidet ifself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Just let the dog lick it clean it tickles a bit but its grand

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Why don't Irish houses have bidets?

Because there was no sex in Ireland when most of the houses were built. Honest. Oliver Flanagan said so.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,918 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

There is a cultural cringe associated with them now. They were all the go in the 70s carpeted pink or avocado green bathroom and now they are seen as an anachronism from that time nobody wants to be reminded of. Nothing to do with the functionality of the bidet ifself

Except in Ireland in the 70s almost nobody had ever seen one except on TV (invariably the subject of some terrible joke on a British sitcom.)

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Advertisement