Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why don't Irish houses have bidets?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you can attach one to your loo:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HMSDVGW/

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Just use the shower hose when required- that's what i do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,022 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

NIMAN wrote: »
    And then how would you dry your rear? With a towel?:eek:

Why? What do you do after you have a shower?

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

A basin to Wash your feet in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭randd1

A bidet is no three seashells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Probably coz it's just freezing all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

glasso wrote: »

this seems to be purposed for something else, being limited to 650 ml per use ...looking at devices that are meant to use lets say 0.5 litres of water /minute - when the cleansing process can be few minutes long ... don't think this is really a replacement for those.

but then, on OP - think bidets, or even too much toilet paper should not be necessary for ppl with a healthy gut/bowel movements - more info in this article https://www.wellandgood.com/good-advice/healthy-poop-toilet-paper-signs/

NIMAN wrote: »
    I remember it and to be honest it had very little water pressure.
    Don't think it would have shifted much material, if you get my drift.

And then how would you dry your rear? With a towel?:eek:

Hairdryer, of course! On medium heat setting :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

My friend's parents got one fitted when we were kids. Just assumed it was a weird toilet and pee'd in it. I was then informed that it was a "bum washer".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭branie2

We're not that posh!

Wash your arse when you jump in the shower if ya want.

Personally I don't like bidet's as a cleaning method

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

My family home that I grew up in, in suburban Dublin had a bidet in the main bathroom. The house was built in the 1970s and I think bidets were very briefly in vogue back then (along with the vile carpets in the bathrooms).

I don't think anyone actually used it, or I suppose admitted to using it. The old bidet had a sprinking jet of water that shot up from the base that we messed with as kids. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

mvl wrote: »
    this seems to be purposed for something else, being limited to 650 ml per use ...looking at devices that are meant to use lets say 0.5 litres of water /minute - when the cleansing process can be few minutes long ... don't think this is really a replacement for those.

but then, on OP - think bidets, or even too much toilet paper should not be necessary for ppl with a healthy gut/bowel movements - more info in this article https://www.wellandgood.com/good-advice/healthy-poop-toilet-paper-signs/

I use a similar contraption to rinse my sinuses :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Do what they do in India
    Fit a hose onto the wall next to the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I always use a squirt of baby cream onto the toilet paper for the second or third approach. Works wonderfully.

- Dr Ficheall (phd in the mathematical study of holes, as it happens)

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

BuboBubo wrote: »
    I use a similar contraption to rinse my sinuses :D

Matron ?

Just install a little shower head thing beside the toilet.
    Every house in Finland has them.
    Have seen them in a few Muslim countries also.
    No need for a while diffenrt toilet thing. A hose will do the same job

mvl wrote: »

how would you know - you don't have one?

works well I can tell you :pac:

saves the hassle of installing a hose and it's portable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

GBX wrote: »
    Miley had a Bidet

Till he had his way with Fidelma

This post deserved way more thanks. Shame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Ficheall wrote: »
    I always use a squirt of baby cream onto the toilet paper for the second or third approach. Works wonderfully.

- Dr Ficheall (phd in the mathematical study of holes, as it happens)

When you say "baby cream"... Well, its not the stuff you make yourself, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

They make sense like. If you had sh*t smeared on your forearm for instance would you be content to just give it a wipe with some paper?

I'm definitely getting an arse washer in my next gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Power washer from Lidl, now with arse washer attachments.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I rented a house in Derry a while ago that had a bidet, never used it and I don't think anyone else did. Used them on holidays before and I have to admit, after a serious feed of spicy Asian food the night before, those washers were a pleasant experience in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I love a bumgun. Don't feel clean without it so another reason I am not fond of coming home to Ireland. If I ever move back, my house will have one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Water is fûck all use in cleaning your hole if you’re after 4 solid days of fried breakfasts, pints, and late night kebabs. What you need is lovely soft 4-ply toilet tissue, and lots of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Just back from Japan....all i'll say is...game changer.

Don't knock it til you've tried it.

Even has a little button to play a jingle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Why don’t Irish houses have bitches I thought the title said.....they do and plenty of them....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,022 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Can't beat a good scrub with soap and water Johnny. You wouldn't 'clean' sh1t off your hand with only paper now would you?

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I don't like them.

What kind of freaky fetishist enjoys squirting cold water on their balloon knot.

Fúck that shít!

Advertisement