Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-11-2010, 15:47   #76
df1985

got the green santa one from them last year, worth every penny, women love them!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-11-2010, 19:36   #77
desolate sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by df1985 View Post
got the green santa one from them last year, worth every penny, women love them!
Not this one!
(2) thanks from:
04-11-2010, 00:35   #78
Posy
Warm and cosy

Christmas FM is switching on this year on November 29th, I can't wait!!
Thanks from:
04-11-2010, 00:46   #79
TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan
Verified representative

Yup nearly there now. VanZan, Christmas Jumpers will be available on the day of launch maybe a little sooner.
(2) thanks from:
04-11-2010, 01:24   #80
Sharpshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis jones View Post
Hi all,

I used these guys 2 years ago for my jumper and was impressed, i heard aobut them on the G Ryan show ! I might be of use for anyone looking for a jumper.

http://www.funkychristmasjumpers.com/

Anyone got any other sites ???
Hi, elvis jones.

Rather than close your thread, I have merged it with this popular one, all in the spirit of Christmas of course.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
04-11-2010, 02:10   #81
Posy
Warm and cosy

Anyone know what worthy cause Christmas FM will be in aid of this year?
Thanks from:
09-11-2010, 03:15   #82
Verified representative

Christmas Fm Frequencies 2010

Official launch is on the 29th, we might have some test broadcasts from the 28th.

As you all know we are a temporary license station so the new frequencies we'll be using this year are:
Dublin - 89.9FM, Limerick - 105.5FM, Cork - 106.7FM, Galway - 89.5FM, South East - 103.8FM

Please spread the word

Posey: Our Charity for this year is Barnardos

Last edited by TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan; 09-11-2010 at 03:17.
09-11-2010, 15:52   #83
Dont be at yourself

Loved Christmas FM last year, had all the lads in the office listening to it too! Counting the days until it's back.

Question for Ronan: do you guys have a song called Christmas With The Yours by an Italian band called Elio e le Storie Tese? It's a cracking Christmas song, but totally unknown!

Last edited by Dont be at yourself; 09-11-2010 at 16:05.
Thanks from:
09-11-2010, 15:55   #84
Loughc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan View Post
Official launch is on the 29th, we might have some test broadcasts from the 28th.

As you all know we are a temporary license station so the new frequencies we'll be using this year are:
Dublin - 89.9FM, Limerick - 105.5FM, Cork - 106.7FM, Galway - 89.5FM, South East - 103.8FM

Please spread the word

Posey: Our Charity for this year is Barnardos

What kind or area/range does your South East licence have? Is it similar to BeatFm or not as strong?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-11-2010, 18:39   #85
Verified representative

Christmas Music

@NekkidBibleMan Never heard of that one before but I'll ask the program director (the guy who selects all the music) to have a listen. Gotta be honest its not really my bag on first listen. Thoughts anyone else? Here's the song:

@lockie83 No idea to be honest, I doubt it will be as strong as Beat as they have a much bigger budget for equipment than us. Obviously we won't be near enough to their signal to cause interference it that was your worry.
Thanks from:
09-11-2010, 18:49   #86
VanZan

What kind of Christmas music do ye play as I missed it last year? Is it Frank Sinatra/Bing Crosby classics or more contemporary stuff like the Darkness or Mariah Carey? Or a mixture of both? Or do you play obscure stuff like nekkidbibleman's suggestion?
Thanks from:
09-11-2010, 19:05   #87
Verified representative

@VanZan, Its a mixture of both, main stream well known songs. Mariah, Bill Crosby and Sinatra would be all great examples of A list songs. Not so much the darkness, but we played it a few times last year. There isn't much unknown stuff to be honest, but we do have a song contest to try to get new Artists into the mainstream and try to support them. So there will be a couple you might not have heard of.

Check out www.ChristmasFM.ie and you can stream a 30 min sample on the listen live section.
(2) thanks from:
09-11-2010, 19:32   #88
VanZan

Quote:
@VanZan, Its a mixture of both, main stream well known songs. Mariah, Bill Crosby and Sinatra would be all great examples of A list songs. Not so much the darkness, but we played it a few times last year. There isn't much unknown stuff to be honest, but we do have a song contest to try to get new Artists into the mainstream and try to support them. So there will be a couple you might not have heard of.

Check out www.ChristmasFM.ie and you can stream a 30 min sample on the listen live section.
I feel like a noob but I can't find that 30 minute sample. I clicked the picture of that lovely lady wearing ear muffs/headphones with "Listen Live" next to her. All I get is a pop up box and when I click play nothing happens. If you could be more specific I'd appreciate it!
Thanks from:
09-11-2010, 19:53   #89
Verified representative

My bad, that had been working up to recently your right it no longer works. The feed must have been taken down when they started updating the site recently.
Thanks from:
09-11-2010, 19:58   #90
VanZan

Quote:
My bad, that had been working up to recently your right it no longer works. The feed must have been taken down when they started updating the site recently.
No probs, I thought I was going mad not being able to locate it. Guess I'll find out on the 29th!!!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion