Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Christmas FM has arrived just in time to keep me sane as I work through the toughest couple of weeks of my college semester! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The iPhone app is now working!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Can anyone here put up a valid URL for an internet radio ? I have a Revo BLIK unit and was able to get a stream for Christmas FM in 2009. No joy last year or again this year.

I use the Frontier Silicon portal to add a station, but the one displayed when I play it in the browser doesn't work when specified for the Revo BLIK.

Anyone ?

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Hi Guys,

Iphone app broke for a a while but is working again.

URL for the internet radio:
    http://radio.securenetsystems.net/v4/index.cfm?stationCallSign=XMASFM

Thanks
    That's the address used in browser pop-up, the one I had tried before posting. Is there an alternative, one in the form of an IP address & a port ID ?

• Advertisement

Unfortunately it's just the URL, FM Dial if your within the broadcast area and the Itunes app (We're number 2 in the Irish Charts under the Free apps section :) ).

I found it on the Frontier Silicon website. This is the url it points to:

http://ice6.securenetsystems.net/XMASFM

I'm not sure if you've said you already tried this. I looked when you first posted and Christmas FM wasn't listed on Frontier Silicon so maybe this is new?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bill.fogarty

Hey you guys, have you heard of this track yet? Just saw it on youTube, i think your listeners would like it..

for more info, check them out on facebook:
    www.facebook.com/TeaShock

Lol, I'm actually worried that IMRO would get on to us for breach of the advertising rules if we played that given that we use the funds from our Christmas Jumpers to support the station and we sell a reindeer jumper :D

rudolph_christmas_jumper.jpg

I can see this being a very pub sing along song. Hopefully they will submit to our song competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Frankie Valli's Ma must be a right gamey old bird, he's seen her kiss Santa Claus at least 20 times in the last 2 days !
    ;)

Just an aside, Ronan, there is a coral version of "Do You Hear What I Hear?" being played and it's being credited to Bing & Frank but it doesn't sound like them - can you tell me who sings it? It's just amazing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Love this station,

Love the 12 days of christmas/Africa. Who sings this??? Thanks

K.C wrote: »
    Love this station,

Love the 12 days of christmas/Africa. Who sings this??? Thanks

Straight No Chaser.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

People keep requesting 'Christmas Shoes.'
    I must buy a spare radio in case I throw mine out the window the next time that song is played. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Posy wrote: »
    People keep requesting 'Christmas Shoes.'
    I must buy a spare radio in case I throw mine out the window the next time that song is played. :pac:

still only heard that song once, was near in tears. mind you somehow was THAT busy today that the christmas fm never even made it on :eek:

I found it on the Frontier Silicon website. This is the url it points to:

http://ice6.securenetsystems.net/XMASFM

I'm not sure if you've said you already tried this. I looked when you first posted and Christmas FM wasn't listed on Frontier Silicon so maybe this is new?

Thanks for that. Still no joy - must be my wifi radio

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

How are people listening to Christmas FM? I have to listen online, but it's sketchy to say the best. Last week, 2 out of 3 attempts to listen live were met with the popup just spinning its wheels. The third attempt connected, but the sound was really distorted. Now again, this morning, cannot connect.

The lack of Christmas FM is really harshing my Christmas buzz :(

Sorry about this, we are experiencing problems with the live feed due to the volume tuning in this year and capacity issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm live on air till 12pm. Anyone want a shout out? Real names please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

Hi Ronan, Just bought a Christmas Jumper. Love the music - thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

washiskin wrote: »

Just an aside, Ronan, there is a coral version of "Do You Hear What I Hear?" being played and it's being credited to Bing & Frank but it doesn't sound like them - can you tell me who sings it? It's just amazing. :)

Apparently it's Fred Waring & The Pensylvanians - according to the jock on now.
    It's been driving me mad for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Probably the best christmas song

Ronan can you tell us what the schedule will be over the next three days? I assume it'll be a recorded transmission on Christmas Day. I see on Facebook that the last morning show was on earlier today. Does that mean there'll be no one DJ'ing on Christmas Eve?

It's been that pre-recorded American stuff on Christmas FM for the last few hours now. Shame.

Christmas Day is a syndicated show called "Christmas Around the World". I appreciate some of the listeners do and don't like it, but it is a volunteer lead station so the presenters do have family commitments and christmas dinners to have. Also the hotel is Alexander Hotel where we are based is closed for the day. As we only have one studio, pre-recording the day isn't an option.

RE - the last Breakfast Show, Keith Shanley literally moved into the hotel for the month so that he was able to be in the Studio at 6am every day, so thats why he finished up on Thursday to get back to his family for the last part of the holidays. I have such respect for his commitment to the charity and how dedicated a volunteer he is.

We're back live on Stephens day for our final day and finishing at 7pm.

On donation day we raised just slightly under €45,000 in 12 hours despite how tough times are. I just want to thank you guys for being so amazingly generous with your donations.

Happy Christmas!!!

Bye Bye Christmas FM! :( If anyone's fussed I recorded the last few minutes and uploaded it here. Hopefully I'm not breaking any laws. :o We'll all be listening again next year please God!

The scary thing is how quickly it gets to the 'Ah, I see Christmas FM is back this month' time of year again. :eek:

Bye Christmas FM! :(
    Ronan, be sure to post the final total raised for Focus Ireland when it comes in and thank you all for the last month. :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Although you get a few stinkers, Christmas FM got me up in the morning for the drive to work. Looking forward to listening again next year!

I actually enjoy running screaming from the room when 'Christmas Shoes' is played- it's part of the fun of the festive season!
    Roll on 2012! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I listened in day and night. My tv didn't go on for the entire month. I just sat reading or browsing with it on in the back round. I miss it terribly!! Looking forward to it next year! Ronan, don't suppose you know what station Chris Maher is on on a regular basis?

Advertisement