Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berget 8 - 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

It's why Lemming takes 200 rounds for what takes me one....

Brute strength, firepower, and the tactical cunning of a badger on acid....

Vs

Grace, stealth, ninja 6th senses.... (and Kitteh power)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Firekitten wrote: »
    It's why Lemming takes 200 rounds for what takes me one....

Brute strength, firepower, and the tactical cunning of a badger on acid....

Vs

Grace, stealth, ninja 6th senses.... (and Kitteh power)

... first time I've ever heard a woman complain about excessive quantity ...

... first time I've ever heard a woman complain about excessive quantity ...
    As a man of limited 'quantity' Hivemind, you should be well aware its quality that is important ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

noisycricket.jpg

Need I say anymore

Most guys with a tiny uh, 'blaster' tend to not go that far in admiting it hon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Lemming wrote: »
    dimensions for stormcases here

I should mention that the IM3300 is a little big for most purposes -- if I were buying again I'd go for the IM3100 -- In fact I'd actually gladly swap the larger case for a smaller one :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

The svd fits in the largest with about 40mm to spare does nor look like I have choice if I want to take it

you could always just remove the barrel pud?

you could but your just making yourself work, would be far easier just to buy the longest one :)

the main comments against the biggest case seems to be that people just do not need the length but if you have something that needs it, i see it as a bit counter productive not to use it :)

but still not made up my mind on what i will run with still not made up my mind on the team yet even, leaning towards some fun with civs and merc but so many options

• Advertisement

Its hardly work to take the barrel off.... and a smaller case is easier to carry..... BY HAND :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I should mention that the IM3300 is a little big for most purposes -- if I were buying again I'd go for the IM3100 -- In fact I'd actually gladly swap the larger case for a smaller one :-)

On that note, I was surprised at people buying the im3300 for assault rifles. I fit an m60 (barrel assembly detatched), box mag, USP Compact + mags, batteries, radio + miscellaneous into an im3200 ...

And the im3200 case alone is around the 7kg mark unloaded, and cannot fit width-ways into the boot of a Ford Focus (for comparative purposes; not exactly a small car). It has to go across the back seat. Oh, and at some point whilst travelling abroad you *will* have to carry the case for some distance by hand. So there are other matters to consider other than "biggest case = bestest".

If you want the biggest case, go for it but just be aware of the side effects. For assault rifles, the im3100 is a good size; and then the 3200 with plenty of space to spare.

As FireKitten has said, you could always dissassemble the likes of an SVD (or an m60) with ease of transport.

Food for thought.

Its hardly work to take the barrel off.... and a smaller case is easier to carry..... BY HAND :P

yes not really hard to take off the barrel of the real sword svd but again not as easy as the m60, to make it worth will you will be removing the out and inner barrel which would need the gearbox removing as well, i would rather not have to spend half and hour when i get to the game area putting my aeg together and taking it apart again at the end :)

my point was at least for the svd it would be practical to have the longer case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭airsoftjunkie

cant wait for tickets to go on sale, 1st palodavian infantry for me :D:D:D:D:D

Puding wrote: »
    yes not really hard to take off the barrel of the real sword svd but again not as easy as the m60, to make it worth will you will be removing the out and inner barrel which would need the gearbox removing as well, i would rather not have to spend half and hour when i get to the game area putting my aeg together and taking it apart again at the end :)

my point was at least for the svd it would be practical to have the longer case
    You're at the game area a day or two before, and same after before the game :P Plenty of time for less trouble imo. I'm doing it with my Eliana.

I'm going NAF :D Booya bitchez Down with the pavlova invaders!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Awesome patch designs on the Berget Forum. The man's a genius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

ASI Casper wrote: »
    it cost me £1000 in total this year
    markomongo wrote: »
    Would all who went over the last few years or even last year reckon that this amount would be a good figure to plan your expenses on? Or what was your total spendings?
    That was total spendings. Absolutely everything: Flights, insurance, hotel, game fee, game transport from train station, trains, meals, booze, taxis, supplies, etc.
    It was just under 1000.
    Although, bear in mind that is £ rather than €. And for me that included 3 nights at the 5 star Sheraton and 1st class seating on the train to Sundsvall.
    Sweden generally seemed pretty expensive to me, but then the pound is pretty weak at the moment.
    It could certainly be done cheaper. However much money you bring though, be sure to bring some in reserve in case you've any problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

I'd definitely go with the IM3100, I have one and it was much easier to handle when traveling to Berget last year. Anyone else who had a bigger case appeared to have a much harder time with it.
    The 3100 also fits nicely width-ways across the boot of a ford mondeo, and quite a few other cars I would imagine too.

you could but your just making yourself work, would be far easier just to buy the longest one :)

the main comments against the biggest case seems to be that people just do not need the length but if you have something that needs it, i see it as a bit counter productive not to use it :)

but still not made up my mind on what i will run with still not made up my mind on the team yet even, leaning towards some fun with civs and merc but so many options

I'll be sharing my storm case with someone. I'm brining compact equipment so if you get really stuck you can use mine to bring your long rifles if you like.

Then again if your on a different pattern to me in relation to hotels, travel and eventual berget team, it might be awkward.

I'm just bringing mp7 and pistols and looking at possibly buying that tiny little storm case to fit it all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Longsword_CZ

Last year (B6) me (+1) were flying thru the Copenhagen and they lost my gun and broke body of friends of mine gun, despite they was in gun case. This year (B7) it was little bit better, I just have ugly hole in my gun case (duct tape rulezz). Both years cost me around 1000€, but it just lots of expenses around, I can agree that price around 5-600€ is adequate and with little bit caution can be plausible.

Next year I want go with my car, if I put together 9 people team it will cost each of us cca 450-500€ despite of price of ticket. Idea is: 4 peoples in the car, all luggage in the car and 5 people flying to Stockholm. Rent the car and together go on site (and hopefully back ;-) ). So I´m recruiting troops willing to go with us (and play NAF side), spend 2-3 days preparation (rehearsal training on on our SEA-C site) and don´t bother play with bloody foreign (Czech, USA, possibly Australia ;-) ) ;-) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 StillAliveIL

dear all. i hope i'm not barging in...

my name is Guy and i guess some of you know (or seen me) from the last two Bergets. hi James.

unfortunately, this year, due to India's enormous size, we haven't spent much time together, and this is in my opinion the essence of such an event.

next year i hope we can change it. we are trying to build a multinational team bringing onboard all the cool people. and you Irish, as you already suspect, one of the coolest :).

so if you are willing, we would love to see you all in NAF 23th. if not, and you are determine to go to PSYOPS, please be gentle, when you torture me, it's gonna be my first time ;).

BR,

Guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

so whos buying tickets tonite? and what team?

i'm planing on psyops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

5 or 6 members of viper squad will be joining poldavian 1st inf bat

we will be travelling through copenhagen

dear all. i hope i'm not barging in...

my name is Guy and i guess some of you know (or seen me) from the last two Bergets. hi James.

unfortunately, this year, due to India's enormous size, we haven't spent much time together, and this is in my opinion the essence of such an event.

next year i hope we can change it. we are trying to build a multinational team bringing onboard all the cool people. and you Irish, as you already suspect, one of the coolest :).

so if you are willing, we would love to see you all in NAF 23th. if not, and you are determine to go to PSYOPS, please be gentle, when you torture me, it's gonna be my first time ;).

BR,

Guy
    Shalom Guy,

Myself and James will certainly be booking into naf 23rd tonight.

I certainly urge all undecideds to follow suit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

PSYOPS for me please.

@Guy: Tell us what we want to know and it will go a hell of a lot easier than the altenative.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Longsword_CZ

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    PSYOPS for me please.

@Guy: Tell us what we want to know and it will go a hell of a lot easier than the altenative.:D

Thats reminds me my first SERE ... I chose "the alternative", I doubt that you leave me whole day in cold river, just nose up to the water ... so anything what you got, baby :D

See you thru my aims ;)

8+ going from cork at the moment spread between 3rd ranger and civilian/merc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭private.G

So tomorrow evening we can book the first tickets. And pay for them in following 30 day? Or we have to pay at the time of booking the ticket?

private.G wrote: »
    So tomorrow evening we can book the first tickets. And pay for them in following 30 day? Or we have to pay at the time of booking the ticket?

as far as im aware the tickets go on sale tonight the 31st not tomorrow, and you have to pay for your ticket there and then (someone else may be able to confirm this?)

i think you pay tonight but if there's an issue with your payment then your ticket is still held for 30 days until you pay.

just pay tonight though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭private.G

Thanks Puding. The ticket sale is today.

• Advertisement

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    PSYOPS for me please.

You presume the 23rd Bat don't overrun your prison and take you all hostage in your own cells before torturing you all with barnie, bearing the big blue house, and videos of people burning multicam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 StillAliveIL

Shalom Guy,

Myself and James will certainly be booking into naf 23rd tonight.

I certainly urge all undecideds to follow suit!
    c o o l n e s s! shalom, shalom. you will make a fine addition to the team for sure. please drop me a message on guypostATgmailDOTcom, so we can stay it touch later on for pregame coordination.

@Tommyboy: it's a deal, you can have all the info you need if you catch me. just bring in some beer ;) and btw, i would switch side if i were you. brrr, burning multicam... what could be worse?

before torturing you all with barnie, bearing the big blue house, and videos of people burning multicam

ow that nasty, you have done this before right? ;) (just remember if there still not talking, make them watch tan gear being spray painted black, guaranteed to throw them over the edge

Bout 5-6 hawks going psyops.

afaik you have 30 days to pay for your tickets...

c o o l n e s s! shalom, shalom. you will make a fine addition to the team for sure. please drop me a message on guypostATgmailDOTcom, so we can stay it touch later on for pregame coordination.
    Sure will Guy,
    Shabat shalom
    ow that nasty, you have done this before right? ;) (just remember if there still not talking, make them watch tan gear being spray painted black, guaranteed to throw them over the edge
    Yep, im experienced at making geardos talk.... *(though i like that spraying tan kit idea)

My favourite method is to get mud on thier weesatch.... they cant stop talking then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

or make them use an AK :p

Its ok... they will be at a disadvantage anyway... they cannot wear multicam on thier side....

Desert Inc Multicam is NAF :P

We shall catch the proverbial ducks out of water....

Thats reminds me my first SERE ... I chose "the alternative", I doubt that you leave me whole day in cold river, just nose up to the water ... so anything what you got, baby :D

See you thru my aims ;)

You can't hit what you can't see.

Linky to Berget Events Payments Page

http://www.berget-events.com/?page=events&sub=berget8&s=5

The payment section clearly shows and I quote:

Payment
    When you have booked your ticket, you have thirty days to pay. You choose if you want to pay with VISA, PayPal or with a BANK-transfer. After you have booked you will get information regarding the payment to your e-mail adress. (If not please contact us)

Hope that clears it up for y'all.

• Advertisement

Thats great, thanks to magical world of credit card, gives me 60 days to pay ;)

ticket sale starts in a few minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Skatedude wrote: »
    ticket sale starts in a few minutes

If people had to go to shops to get these it would be like a massive handbag fight with dump pouches and droplegs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Ticket booked and paid,

Poldavian 15th Psychological Operations Group (PSYOPS)

booked and paid: 1st poldavian inf

unfortunatly none of the rest of my team remembered tickets went on sale....

edit: 6 vipers booked :)

k, booked, but the credit card option isnt working, the link just sends you to paypal which i dont have atm

Psyops.

• Advertisement

done dusted

Psyops booked and paid for

Squad leader ;)

Me and Lemming booked

23rd NAF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

no more Psyops tickets left..