Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berget 7 - 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭NakedHedgehog

except maybe to go to the McDonalds in town. B4 we did that- except we didn't do a great job wiping the camo paint off our faces and forgot to leave our sidearms in camp :/

They didn't seem to mind too much though.

The smell they did mind though.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hunter1100

Ingame helicopter :D with guns. Hell will have to freeze over before I miss this

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Hunter1100 wrote: »
    Ingame helicopter :D with guns. Hell will have to freeze over before I miss this

We are going to have to get you some practise shooting trees then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Shoot the chopper, take an early bath.

"It is strictly prohibited to shoot against the helicopter for safety reasons. You can disable it by using one of the IR-weapons issued by Berget-Events."

The chopper can shoot at us, but we can't shoot back. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hunter1100

shooting trees is a reference to happenings during Berget 6 last year, not a suggestion to break the rules. Everyone has to read the rules because a question as to be answered at booking time if last year is anything to go by

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

So it looks like we may have an Irish platoon, I think a battalion may be the way to go ;)
    At least from 7-8 from Cork at the moment, This will grow.

But there has to be at least one Aussie there ;)

On the Irish team of corse :)

Im there.

Hunter1100 wrote: »
    shooting trees is a reference to happenings during Berget 6 last year, not a suggestion to break the rules. Everyone has to read the rules because a question as to be answered at booking time if last year is anything to go by

Oh yeah, this is coming from a member of the group which asked the question

"What are the red pens for?"

The staff are likely to kick you for rule breaking, they did it to plenty of people last year. So be careful, nobody likes to get kicked out of a event in Sweden and have nothing to do for a week but try to pick up beautiful leggy blondes with huge breasts in pubs with great beer.

Actually, who wants to go to Sweden for a week? Screw Berget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

nobody likes to get kicked out of a event in Sweden and have nothing to do for a week but try to pick up beautiful leggy blondes with huge breasts in pubs with great beer.

Actually, who wants to go to Sweden for a week? Screw Berget.

Er. She wasnt a blonde

I'll be booking a ticket as soon as they come out.
    So we are going nato again with Na fianna?

...beautiful leggy blondes...

Perfect. I'm there.

• Advertisement

Skatedude wrote: »
    Er. She wasnt a blonde

I said try. Damm girls and their standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Rileo

there is a separate Ireland thread at the berget-forum

http://www.berget-events.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4819

Rileo wrote: »
    there is a separate Ireland thread at the berget-forum

http://www.berget-events.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4819

I don't see the point of using it. <shrug> We have a discussion thread already, right here. And an Info thread. And we can create more if needed.

Two inevitably polluted threads are better than 3. Or 4, or 5.

wrong thread mate :)

That's the map from CENTA / Sunny Sennybridge.

...fond memories of Building 18 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

FYI: There will be no group bookings for the initial ticket release on the 31st October.

Taken from this source thread
    Please keep in mind that the first ticket release won't allow group bookings of tickets.

You can only buy one at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Thanks for the info ,I'll be sure to be refreshing the page, per 3 seconds

Reminder for everyone interested:

First batch of tickets are getting released in two days (Friday 31st). Before attempting booking, please familiarise yourself with the rules since you will be asked a couple of rules randomly to allow you proceed with finalising your booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Hmmm... Ill have to wait until the second batch of tickets are release for this I reckon, not enough funds at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah thanks for reminder, think ill go ahead with first batch.

kdouglas wrote: »
    Hmmm... Ill have to wait until the second batch of tickets are release for this I reckon, not enough funds at the moment.

You get a grace period in which to pay. Usually a month I think, or maybe just up until the next ticket batch release.

• Advertisement

So it looks like we are going for nato and Na Fianna again?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conkey

Roll call, India 1

"Sir":p

Lo, last year we had some issues with getting our aegs upgraded at the event, I can help out with upgrades and repairs if needed, and i'm sure there will be others that can also help.

I'd recommend going for the food option, It was simple but edible and you dont have to grab it at specific times, it gets delivered to your base so you can grab it when you get chance instead of specific meal times.but still bring some bars etc for out in the field.

We should try to make a list of stuff we need and see whos bringing what, we dont all need to bring chargers or stoves, just as long as we have enough between us( wonder how long an inflatable couch would last).

Also might bring something besides my p90, i loved it at berget as it was very accurate and compact, especialy with a stargate sling, but the 60 round mags were a bit of a pain as no-one makes mid caps for them. and theres no such thing as too many speed loaders

So it looks like we are going for NATO and Na Fianna again?

Yep. Multicam should work fine, judging by last year's photos.

Tickets on sale 20:00 CET Friday 31st Oct (19:00 UTC)

"When you have booked your ticket, you have thirty days to pay."

Conkey wrote: »
    Roll call, India 1

"Sir":p

NATO, Na Fianna again me thinks. I might apply for the NATO LRRP * team but that's all up in the air as to whether or not command will want one.
    I'd recommend going for the food option, It was simple but edible and you dont have to grab it at specific times, it gets delivered to your base so you can grab it when you get chance instead of specific meal times.but still bring some bars etc for out in the field.

There is also a shop in Stockholm that stocks Tru-spec stuff; Tru-spec have MRE packs. So what I was thinking of to cut down weight was placing an order with them 6 weeks or so before the event and collecting.

There are also a couple of outdoor shops who do camping gas and wayfarer boil-in-the-bag meal bags (incredibly edible).
    We should try to make a list of stuff we need and see whos bringing what, we dont all need to bring chargers or stoves, just as long as we have enough between us( wonder how long an inflatable couch would last).

I'll dig up the lists that were made & posted for this year's event. Quite comprehensive if I recall and we can only improve upon them with experience already learned.

* LRRP: Long Range Recce Patrol

Plenty of time to get myself fit for the LRRP role :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conkey

Curtsey of Lemming from last year.

The obvious stuff:

AEG + Pistol (and ammo obviously)
    Sleeping bag + ground mat
    Webbing, knee pads, eye-protection, etc.
    Cloths/Boots
    Rain-gear

The not so obvious:

Washkit + Towels (I've got special towels that are ultra-thin when folded up yet as big as bath towels)
    Reppellant & Sunblock
    Torch

Personal choice:

Radio kit
    Cooking gear:
    Collapsable stove
    Small kettle
    Mess-tin set
    Cutlery
    Plastic mug
    Food (ranging from Boil-in-bag meals, to stuff I can pack into my webbing like energy bars)
    Collapsable camping chair
    Compass
    Portable medical kit

Now.. Try hawling all that on your back from Dublin - to StockHolm - To Sundsvall - To Härnösand..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I will have to wait for the next round of tickets as I will be in Poland and the chances of me getting to a PC are slim :(

Thanks for that list Conkey/Lemming. I will probably ask a stupid amount of questions about kit, gear, guns, what to bring etc. Please be patient. I am, after all, an idiot when it comes to this type of thing. :pac:

Cheers Conkey. I'll revise that list a little though with this year's experience:

The obvious stuff:
    • AEG + Sidearm
    • Sleeping bag + ground mat
    • Webbing, knee pads, eye-protection, etc.
    • Hydration pack/Water bottles
    • Clothes/Boots
    • Rain-gear

The not so obvious:
    • Washkit + Towels (e.g. lifeventure do special towels that are ultra compact yet as big as bath towels)
    • Reppellant & Sunblock
    • Torch

Personal choice:
    • Comms Gear
    • Cooking gear:
      • Collapsable stove
      • Mess-tin set
      • Cutlery
      • Plastic mug
    • Compass
    • Portable medical kit

I've removed food, ammo, GBB & cooking gas (if needed) from that list, but am going to mention it now. You can either choose to bring it with you, or see about pre-ordering/picking up stuff in Stockholm on the way to the event, which will save you valuable weight. Trust me on the weight thing ...

One last thing .... for the love of monkeys, get a decent bag that you can wear on your back for all of this. It'll make transporting stuff so much easier, especially when walking through Stockholm.

• Advertisement

Lemming wrote: »
    ...GBB & cooking gas (if needed) from that list, but am going to mention it now. You can either choose to bring it with you, or see about pre-ordering/picking up stuff in Stockholm on the way to the event, which will save you valuable weight.

Also, gas is a prohibited item aboard aircraft. This includes Red/Green/Black Gas, which is just propane with the smelly bit washed out and lube added. You'll have to make other arrangements for those.

I guess those of us taking the train can pick up enough gas(ses) for the team when we land.

Note: HFC22 (Chlorodifluoromethane) and HFC143a (1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane) are non-flammable, but qualify as compressed gases, and can't be carried either.

Advertisement