Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Got an email giving me 8 euro credit for the store just in case anyone misses an email...

Have you spent a lot on the store for Quest games?

It seems to be given to those that spend a certain amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Think that’s a common enough promo, €8 credit if you buy 2 games over €10 in the space of 30 days. It seems very random. I’ve been offered it twice in the past year.

kerplun k wrote: »
    Think that’s a common enough promo, €8 credit if you buy 2 games over €10 in the space of 30 days. It seems very random. I’ve been offered it twice in the past year.

Hmm I wonder if my spending €35 for Superhot/Pistol Whip will net me some free creds :)

mrcheez wrote: »
    Hmm I wonder if my spending €35 for Superboy/Pistol Whip will net me some free creds :)

Maybe, but think you need to be offered the promo first, and then I think it’s 2 separate purchases.

I actually spent under 10. I Got 2 of the Vader immortal games and emailed them after to see if I could still get it They were sound enough and gave me the credit, which I used to buy that RoomVR game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Have you spent a lot on the store for Quest games?

It seems to be given to those that spend a certain amount.

I actually don't but I bought that Trover game for full price when it came out, so maybe that's why...

• Advertisement

Maybe, but think you need to be offered the promo first, and then I think it’s 2 separate purchases.

I actually spent under 10. I Got 2 of the Vader immortal games and emailed them after to see if I could still get it They were sound enough and gave me the credit, which I used to buy that RoomVR game.

Worth a shot...is there a link to the promo anywhere that I could show them?

Edit: found it

https://www.oculus.com/legal/buy-2-apps-get-10/

Seems it ended June 22, but I might shoot them a mail anyway

Worth a shot...is there a link to the promo anywhere that I could show them?

Edit: found it

https://www.oculus.com/legal/buy-2-apps-get-10/

Seems it ended June 22, but I might shoot them a mail anyway

Let us know how you get on. They asked me for screenshots, I spent under the required amounts, but they gave me the credit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

What are yiz favourite 'experiences' for showcasing the Quest? Got myself a plank for Richie's plank experience and that's been stealing the show so far with anyone who's tried it out.

Would have liked if they had the original 'Face Your Fears' on Quest...it's a shame they dont as that was always a good one despite not being too interactive.

Shlippery wrote: »
    What are yiz favourite 'experiences' for showcasing the Quest? Got myself a plank for Richie's plank experience and that's been stealing the show so far with anyone who's tried it out.

Would have liked if they had the original 'Face Your Fears' on Quest...it's a shame they dont as that was always a good one despite not being too interactive.

I don't usually share my Quest as it's my baby and I don't want someone else breaking it or changing the straps etc, but I have let my Dad use my Go, and threw him into a roller-coaster. It was great fun watching him sway backward in the chair as he was running down a hill at full pelt, mouth agape!

Btw I picked up Red Matter yesterday for €16 in the last day of the sale, just tried it there now and it's really good. Visuals, soundtrack and atmosphere are actually a bit like Alien Isolation... so a recommendation from me there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Ah, i'm enjoying bringing mine out and about, got the travel case and been bringing it to a few BBQ's i've been at! Gets a great reaction from people who've not seen how far VR has come!

I've Red Matter installed alright, it's in the backlog to finish properly! Was v impressed by the graphics from the little I played!

• Advertisement

Shlippery wrote: »
    Ah, i'm enjoying bringing mine out and about

Yeah that's kinda what I use my Go for a lot. It's so portable as well since the straps are cloth, so it can in theory be put in a coat pocket if you want, though I carry mine in a small travel case.

Things like sitting in a cinema, looking around at all the other velvet chairs, the fire exit down at the end of the room, can blow people's minds without them even having to leave the chair :)

TIL, SidequestVR is developed by some guys in Belfast.

https://twitter.com/SideQuestVR

Return to Castle Wolfenstein gonna be released this Thursday!

Mein Leben!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

From October, Oculus is going to require a Facebook account for all first time users and require a Facebook account for all users in 2023. A dick move.

https://uploadvr.com/oculus-facebook-account-required/

From October, Oculus is going to require a Facebook account for all first time users and require a Facebook account for all users in 2023. A dick move.

https://uploadvr.com/oculus-facebook-account-required/

Aye, I posted on here too
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057841842&page=21

though dunno if anyone reads that thread :D

I actually have a Facebook account that I only use for signing up to competitions with a fake name and no contacts linked on it, though I understand that new accounts have to use a valid id is that right? How do they prove you are who you say you are?

Dick move alright. They'd want to have a really, really good headset before I sell my soul to facebook, even if it is just a fake made up soul :D

Funny thought, most, if not all people I know that own a an oculus, Vive of Valve, would be anti facebook, I would love to see the actual numbers or ghost accounts that would be created to use a possible future headset.

I was reading a bit more and apparently some users that linked fake Facebook accounts to their Oculus headset, and were later discovered, had their account deleted, but more importantly the games they purchased were also wiped as those games were tied to their account.

Holy crap... think I'm going to have to think twice before buying another Quest app, and will probably just stick with SteamVR content going forward and play via Virtual Desktop :/

Jeez, that's very totalitarian. I think if they press ahead with this carry-on it could be the death of Oculus.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Daveq

Jeez, that's very totalitarian. I think if they press ahead with this carry-on it could be the death of Oculus.

I agree. I'm not on FB and I'm not joining just to use my Quest.

On a side note, and before Facebook's final nail in the coffin for my Quest..... Anyone tried Onward? Any use?

Return to Castle Wolfenstein gonna be released this Thursday!

Mein Leben!!

but... to cheer everyone up again, a reminder this is out at 9pm today on Sidequest!

Be sure to install the version on your PCs to have the dlls to hand

Installation instructions are on: https://www.rtcwquest.com/

• Advertisement

I think enough people don't care that it won't have much of an impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'd say it will definitely put people off who are deciding which VR to get. They might go down the reverb route or Index.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Return to Castle Wolfenstein is great.. amazing graphics, anyone else try it?

Honestly it's probably one of the best FPS on the device!

I think enough people don't care that it won't have much of an impact.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't see myself joining facebook to use headset.
    If the headset was free, and really, and I mean really good, I'd probably consider it :D

New update from Pistol Whip with 3 new scenes which have a totally different aesthetic to the previous scenes. Very impressed with Cloudhead games, they are continuing to innovate around a good idea.

New update from Pistol Whip with 3 new scenes which have a totally different aesthetic to the previous scenes. Very impressed with Cloudhead games, they are continuing to innovate around a good idea.

Single player campaign coming soon too, can't wait for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Well sold my quest got 400 for it so happy with that, the dust it was collecting and the Facebook account required enough was enough, goodbye all it was emotional

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭littlecopilot

People commenting about Facebook account, could you not just create a fake facebook account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

People commenting about Facebook account, could you not just create a fake facebook account?

Most of the people I meet IRL complaining about this use WhatsApp and Instagram all day so just like to jump on the band wagon.

I think the majority of people out there don’t care about the whole selling your soul to Facebook and google but a decent Pam out of tech savvy people do and these are prob the biggest market currently for VR

Advertisement