Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Never had VR stuff but was looking at ps4 Headset. Seems like its a fraction of the price of this, what’s the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Drumpot wrote: »
    Never had VR stuff but was looking at ps4 Headset. Seems like its a fraction of the price of this, what’s the difference?

You need to factor on the cost of a PS4, 2 move controllers and a playstation camera. After that, you have a bunch of annoying cables and more limited movement in game.

Quest is a better choice (in my opinion) as its all in one and totally wireless. A huge bonus is the option to connect to a PC and open up a huge library of games (including Half Life:Alyx, the best VR game ever made.

That said, PSVR is still very good and worth the money, especially if you already have a PS4. VR is an incredible experience regardless of the system used!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I just played Tetris Effect for the first time, and it's amazing. Tetris is the best game ever made, and it works so well in VR with headphones plugged in to experience the amazing soundtrack. Highly recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

pasta-solo wrote: »
    You need to factor on the cost of a PS4, 2 move controllers and a playstation camera. After that, you have a bunch of annoying cables and more limited movement in game.

Quest is a better choice (in my opinion) as its all in one and totally wireless. A huge bonus is the option to connect to a PC and open up a huge library of games (including Half Life:Alyx, the best VR game ever made.

That said, PSVR is still very good and worth the money, especially if you already have a PS4. VR is an incredible experience regardless of the system used!

Thanks for that.

I have a ps4 already, more curious about this then anything else. One thing sort of holding me back is a worry that VR Might make me nauseous I sometimes get car sick and i think it’s related to an inner ear thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Half Life Alyx toolbox is now officially released

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Quest 1 year anniversary sale from Thursday. Hope there’s some gems in here. A few games I’d like to pick up on sale are robo recall, moss, red matter, and for some reason, Arizona sunshine keeps gnawing away at me, even though I keep hearing average things about it. A good sale price or bundle could tip me over the edge.

Also, 3 new hand tracking games coming this month elixir:, The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pet and Waltz of the Wizard and an interactive hand tracking film The Line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Quest is back in stock on the Oculus store

Taking their time with this sale, but I think Robo Recall is the first with a 25% off

I'm not anticipating huge discounts in this sale.. won't be anything like Steam ... maybe 9.99 will be cheapest price for something?

Still not seeing anything. They normally push out their updates around 7.

Hoping it’s a bit better than their normal sales. Hate when they bundle the decent game with ones that I’m not interested in.

Sale is a bit rubbish. I thought they would have had soothing better for the anniversary.

• Advertisement

Aye... this is the list I think: https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuestStore/

25% off is max... I remember the days (about 2 years ago!) when Oculus would have 80% off deals etc. Must be someone new in charge of marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Yea quest prices are a bit steep , but I feel it's because they know you've no other options for the full 'Quest' experience Virtual Desktop/Link is only good when you're at home!

I've yet to be blown away by an Oculus Store sale!

Shlippery wrote: »
    Yea quest prices are a bit steep , but I feel it's because they know you've no other options for the full 'Quest' experience Virtual Desktop/Link is only good when you're at home!

I've yet to be blown away by an Oculus Store sale!

oh man they used to be so good! I grabbed Chronos and Edge of Nowhere for peanuts previously... something like €4 down from €30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

is Robo recall worth it?

is Robo recall worth it?

It's fantastic on Rift... I have it on Quest and did feel the weapons lacked a certain "oomph", so yymv if you've never played it before

QuestZDoom looks amazing.. gonna have to give it a go

https://youtu.be/sMiYoSEYwX4?t=607

€17 for Red Matter seems like a good deal. Think I’ll pick it up.

QuestZDoom is great... true 6DoF Doom !

They made it piss-easy to get setup and started via the launcher... just tick the mods you want to download/activate and away you go

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭xabi_a

fenris wrote: »
    Quest is back in stock on the Oculus store

Was it really? I signed up to be notified, and never got notified. It seems to be gone again now.

I see the Quest 128GB available in Argos UK for £499 - is that a decent price? Do you know what price it is in the Oculus store, when it's available?

I think we've reached the stage where we have enough people playing VR to start a "What are you playing" thread.

So I did just that.. enjoy! :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058081567

• Advertisement

ILMxLAB just announced Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge, a new VR experience being developed in collaboration with Oculus Studios. The original story will include multiple styles of gameplay and difficulty settings to bring in a wide variety of players, and it’s coming out later this year.

Is it possible to play Oculus store stuff via Virtual Desktop on the quest, or is it only Steam VR that it supports?

Would love to try some of my Rift stuff without the link.

Is it possible to play Oculus store stuff via Virtual Desktop on the quest, or is it only Steam VR that it supports?

Would love to try some of my Rift stuff without the link.

yeah can play both, but Epic store games don't work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Sorry if this is a repeated question.. Just see that you can connect the quest to pc so just wondering does that mean its compatible with the steam vr games? And is it a better option then the rift s if so?

jayo26 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a repeated question.. Just see that you can connect the quest to pc so just wondering does that mean its compatible with the steam vr games? And is it a better option then the rift s if so?

Rift S = wired with lighter headset (probably more comfortable), and slightly more detailed visuals but always needs to be tethered to a PC.

Quest = wired or wireless, but heavier, with very sharp visuals but perhaps slightly less texturing. Doesn't need to be tied to a PC, though you can and play PC games wirelessly or wired.

Both can play Oculus Rift and Steam VR games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

mrcheez wrote: »
    Rift S = wired with lighter headset (probably more comfortable), and slightly more detailed visuals but always needs to be tethered to a PC.

Quest = wired or wireless, but heavier, with very sharp visuals but perhaps slightly less texturing. Doesn't need to be tied to a PC, though you can and play PC games wirelessly or wired.

Both can play Oculus Rift and Steam VR games.

Thanks mate, just managed to pick up a rift s second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

New update from Pistol Whip including a new level and they changed the colour of the enemies from black to some kind of purple hue.

Trover Saves The Universe coming out for Quest soon

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/2718107161580827/

Hilarious game, one of my favourites!

mrcheez wrote: »
    Trover Saves The Universe coming out for Quest soon

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/2718107161580827/

Hilarious game, one of my favourites!

Ah I just bought this on the Rift store as figured it wouldn't be coming to Quest. However...it's played with a controller right, so likely a title that doesn't really need the untethered experience!

• Advertisement

Ah I just bought this on the Rift store as figured it wouldn't be coming to Quest. However...it's played with a controller right, so likely a title that doesn't really need the untethered experience!

Can be played with any controller, doesn't have to be an Xbox controller.

Advertisement