Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

FYI - There's currently a weekly project up that just requires materials in exchange for an exotic cache.

'In Sync' - If you're running a skill build get that on a high RPM rifle and use at least one rapid fire skill (drone/turret). Weapon hits give 15% skill damage for 5 seconds, skill hits give 15% weapon damage for 5 seconds. Already decent. With both active, which despite the short active time is quite easy that's doubled. 30% Weapon and 30% Skill damage from one weapon perk. O_O . I'm guessing it will get nerfed soon enough but right now it's ridiculously effective.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Yeah, first thing I did was buy the Harmony rifle for Perfectly In Sync. It has replaced my Surge.

Skill builds still a little weak though. In comparision to DPS that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    FYI - There's currently a weekly project up that just requires materials in exchange for an exotic cache.

Did this earlier today. It gave me the dynasty holster. A holster I have literally* run 100s of heroic missions for just popped out of a box. All the emotions were used.

*probably not true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tec Diver

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    I checked that last night - I had everything except not enough food, so pretty close.

Rob2D wrote: »
    Skill builds still a little weak though. In comparision to DPS that is.

Aye not quite there but a hell of a lot closer. I only used my skill build out of boredom originally, didn't really enjoy playing it as you had to be effectively be in the backseat to the tech since your weapon damage was negligible. I'm running this with 4x hardwire, perfect combined arms on the backpack and played around with different chest pieces. At first I put on the Tardigrade chest to allow me to get more into the fight with the new talents rather than sitting back and it worked ok. Before finishing up last night I switched that out for a piece with good armour+regen and the Tag Team talent (-6 seconds to cool downs when shooting each skill-hit marked enemy) and it was working brilliantly. I'm using the normal attack drone and cluster mines. Between the hardwired reset cooldown talent and Tag Team I can almost continuously roll mines out while moving aggressively into the fight. It's the first build I've had that made me feel like the guy in the trailers, raw offense and tech skills in perfect synergy.

that's what I've been using on my skill build, normal drone and seekers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Turret and seekers for me. Old school. I've always had skilled on my chest though. The extra damage from Harmony means it proc's a lot more now which is great.

I had Tag Team on my status build. Amazing talent.

I suppose I shouldn't have said that Skill builds are weak exactly, it's just that you don't have many options. If you get pushed or flanked, you're screwed. Whereas with a DPS build you can just look at the enemy and agent go BRRRAAAAAP. Problem solved. Skill builds just have no survivability or escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tec Diver

I finished part 1 of the Manhunt last night. About 2 weeks until the next part is released.
    Is the delay between release of the bosses a good thing or a bad thing? I understand why they did it that way TBH.

• Advertisement

I've been trying out this build for the last few hours and it's great fun and very effective as long as you are pushing the fight (keep your hollow-point up to have a very nice feedback loop between it, Bleed and Wicked, add your expanding pestilence bubble and it's more effective at clearing mobs than ND).
    I don't have the Vile mask yet so have just been using Coyote to boost core damage, also the kit is far from min-maxed but even then it's hammering through heroics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Solid FPS got raid worlds first... congrats to them

http://www.twitch.tv/solidfps/v/665916554?sr=a&t=0s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭brady12

Started 2 this Morning .Enjoyed it so far even though I’m on my own . Iv called for back up once and helped out once

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Looking for help on Kenly college. Ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

This game is currently on sale with Stadia. Is the single player campaign any good? That's all I'm interested in. Doubt I'll play much multiplayer.

The campaign is very good and a bargain at a discounted price

Nice one. Is the storyline a continuation of the first game? I never played the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Any active pc clans on here or just looking for few players to explore with. My uplay is knivesingutsout. Thanks

Nice one. Is the storyline a continuation of the first game? I never played the first one.

it is but it's not necessary to have played the first one. society has crumbled, various factions battle for control of territory, terrorists, you must kill baddies etc etc

I see it at has crossplay too. So if I do decide to jump in to multiplayer on Stadia at least there will be people in there playing. Thanks for your help. Think I'll invest.

• Advertisement

you can still play the campaign solo and get good value from it. The grind is only needed if you min/max your character. I've sunk hundreds of hours into both, both games are highly populated. D1 was years after release not sure what it's like now. At the price you can get this now it's a no brainer. Even if you didn't like it, it's no great loss but it's a great game in my opinion and very popular

I would recommend the first play through on Solo. I like to take my time and soak up whatever lore is out there and with co-op you can end up rushing too much to do so. Then after that yes Co-op is a lot of fun, they have made it so easy to drop in and out of you can pretty seamlessly mix the two modes.

Also on the grind between main-missions question I remember having to do that on my first play through but the game right now is much easier at story level than it was back then. I speed-levelled a character a couple of weeks back to increase my Shade project rewards and was surprised at not having to manage XP. Do a couple of events (literally, 2-3) between main missions and with decent vendor equipment now available you can easily keep at an effective level versus difficulty without noticeable grind.

Huge connection problems today. Anyone else experiencing problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Nein...

Still playing actively on PS4

Keyzer wrote: »
    Nein...

Still playing actively on PS4

I'm seeing 90% of group play play runs, single players being disconnecting in the past week - myself included. Every run someone gets a blue screen.

I'm at 1350+ SKD - Any Irish teams doing Iron Horse runs? Never did it but seasoned D2 player... on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Decided to try the DZ today, got utterly raped repeatedly.

Really need a new build.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Glebee

Heading back into Division after a long break, remember I completed main missions, maxed my character and done bits and pieces after that but left it at that. Should I head straight for the Warlords expansion??

Advertisement