Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

next gen upgrade coming Feb. 2nd; 4K, 60 FPS

https://twitter.com/JohanLnh/status/1354175369629356038?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

next gen upgrade coming Feb. 2nd; 4K, 60 FPS

https://twitter.com/JohanLnh/status/1354175369629356038?s=19

Shame no state of the game - does not bode well for a big update soon - but I'll need to reinstall D2 on my PS5 - Dying to see the next gen patch!! :D

Very interesting video from Digital Foundry on new next gen patch - PS5 losing all reflections on many real world items...

Reflections notes video timestamp: https://youtu.be/lFIFoEvHDVs?t=498

Main Video:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Volumetric fog is one of the biggest single resource hogs on the PC version, presumably from the light interaction with it. They may add it back into the PS5 version but it won't be easy if they already saw enough of a perf drop in the update to remove it outright. The new consoles fall in around an Nvidia 2080 in raw teraflops (Gamers Nexus found current actual performance lower but I think that's just development maturity) and that card could not run Div-2 in 4K with everything maxed consistently at 60Hz (close but not without it's drops in places), there is no way they can do it on the new consoles. Maybe they can do more with dynamic resolution drops to compensate and push those fx back in but that's already impacting visuals. It'll be a trade off regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Sooooo, just finished the Faye Lau manhunt.
    Utter lazy drivel for the final chapter of such an integral character. You basically replay WONY (all main missions and checkpoints), have to do a boss floor in the summit and then redo Camp White oak with some slight modifications. I really thought they would have her as a triple agent, that she infiltrated BT deliberately but nope, even though some of Circe's dialogue actually heavily hints at this right before the end. She kills Ellis but still stays with BT and tries to kill you. It just doesn't make sense from beginning to end and I really think this was thrown together rather than what they really intended. Ellis got away twice previously and instead of an expansion to take him and BT down he's killed off camera in the same fkn spot you lost him last time. No cutscenes, only a couple of sentences of dialogue from Faye and then she's dead. It's the summit all over again, a failed shell of what was meant to be. We're all suffering because of Covid workwise but if I turned in something like this for one of my projects I'd be roasted for it regardless.

• Advertisement

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Sooooo, just finished the Faye Lau manhunt.
    Utter lazy drivel for the final chapter of such an integral character. You basically replay WONY (all main missions and checkpoints), have to do a boss floor in the summit and then redo Camp White oak with some slight modifications. I really thought they would have her as a triple agent, that she infiltrated BT deliberately but nope, even though some of Circe's dialogue actually heavily hints at this right before the end. She kills Ellis but still stays with BT and tries to kill you. It just doesn't make sense from beginning to end and I really think this was thrown together rather than what they really intended. Ellis got away twice previously and instead of an expansion to take him and BT down he's killed off camera in the same fkn spot you lost him last time. No cutscenes, only a couple of sentences of dialogue from Faye and then she's dead. It's the summit all over again, a failed shell of what was meant to be. We're all suffering because of Covid workwise but if I turned in something like this for one of my projects I'd be roasted for it regardless.

I gave up on this last manhunt from the start and I'm glad I did. What a complete and utter waste of time for the player base that invested their time into the repetitive grind of taking out the manhunt targets one by one and getting to this anticipated climax. Honestly - if the Devs were in any doubt that their loyal players had issues with how they delivered content, this is a prime example of complete apathy from the studio.

There can be no excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sticker wrote: »
    I gave up on this last manhunt from the start and I'm glad I did. What a complete and utter waste of time for the player base that invested their time into the repetitive grind of taking out the manhunt targets one by one and getting to this anticipated climax. Honestly - if the Devs were in any doubt that their loyal players had issues with how they delivered content, this is a prime example of complete apathy from the studio.

There can be no excuses.

I played about 100 hours of this and ultimately gave up as the rewards/loot was just shi t.

I enjoyed the gameplay a lot but you won’t keep going unless there’s some sort of incentive for doing so.

Funnily enough on the opposite end of the spectrum you have Borderlands 3.
    I found it to have way too much loot most of which you end up chucking away. The sifting through it all for me again had me give up after about 100 hours.

Destiny on the other hand, the first one, I played 400 hours of because they got that side of things right and it just kept me coming back for more.
    Just the right amount of loot. Quality over quantity.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ah Destiny 1 and the gjallohorn effect, I remember the day news broke Zur was selling it. I immediately left work, went home and bought four of them

I played about 100 hours of this and ultimately gave up as the rewards/loot was just shi t.

I enjoyed the gameplay a lot but you won’t keep going unless there’s some sort of incentive for doing so.

Funnily enough on the opposite end of the spectrum you have Borderlands 3.
    I found it to have way too much loot most of which you end up chucking away. The sifting through it all for me again had me give up after about 100 hours.

Destiny on the other hand, the first one, I played 400 hours of because they got that side of things right and it just kept me coming back for more.
    Just the right amount of loot. Quality over quantity.

Agreed mate - not a lot to welcome return play for D2 at end game stage now.

I found the same with B3 - A ton of mostly useless loot and a poxy amount of stash space. Great gameplay but sifting through the endless loot to find the diamond in the rough was a headache.

Never tried Destiny - must give it a go when I get through my backlog of games to play ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,821 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ah Destiny 1 and the gjallohorn effect, I remember the day news broke Zur was selling it. I immediately left work, went home and bought four of them

Did Xur not sell it in week two or something and didn't sell it again after that. No one knew how good it was back then and only realised it was the best gun in the game a little while later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yup I couldn't even afford it when he did. One of my unemployed friends who was no lifeing it could, another decided not to waste his money on it. It was the source of much angst in our little world. it made some end game stuff very accessible

it was also a really rare drop. I had the Truths up the wazoo but no Ghally. Man I loved the Truth though in pvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did Xur not sell it in week two or something and didn't sell it again after that. No one knew how good it was back then and only realised it was the best gun in the game a little while later.

That's exactly what happened. He did again but a long time later. Then they nerfed it.

Division_update_header.jpg
    While work continues on The Division 2, other Ubisoft teams have been exploring additional ways to introduce The Division to even more players. Today, we’re pleased to share that Tom Clancy’s The Division Heartland, a free-to-play game set in The Division universe, is in development at our Red Storm studio. Having worked on Tom Clancy games since 1997, its extensive experience across numerous genres and games, most recently The Division and The Division 2, makes Red Storm a perfect fit for this project. Heartland is a standalone game that doesn’t require previous experience with the series but will provide an all new perspective on the universe in a new setting. The game will be made available in 2021-22 on PC, consoles, and cloud.
    Heartland isn’t the only new game in development. The Division will also be coming to mobile platforms for the very first time, bringing the universe to an even wider audience. We’ll have more details on this exciting project at a later date.
    As previously announced, brand new content will be coming to The Division 2, with development led by Ubisoft Massive and support from Ubisoft Bucharest. While it’s still too early to discuss any specific details, this update will include an entirely new game mode for The Division franchise and new methods for levelling your agents with an emphasis on increasing build variety and viability. We look forward to revealing more later this year ahead of this content’s late 2021 release.
    And if that’s not enough, we also have The Division film in development with Netflix thanks to Ubisoft Film & Television. Inspired by the events of the original game, the film will star Jessica Chastain and Jake Gyllenhaal, and we recently announced that Rawson Marshall Thurber is at the helm as director.

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/2MaVWnNfnfQ128qCKaUE3w/an-update-on-the-tom-clancys-the-division-universe

TDF_UCS21224_ProductImage_1920x1080_US_Timeline_2_R4.jpg

https://register.ubisoft.com/division-experience/en-US

• Registered Users Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Edit, i was too slow :). Sound for sign up info, looking forward to that.

Ubi have given update on the division. New free to play game releasing later this year/early next year called Heartland.

Division 2 dlc later this year, won't be survival.

Timeline in the link below showing there will be a division mobile game and the Netflix film coming out will be set after all of that. Was hoping the film would be set early on or at least the 1st game.

https://kotaku.com/a-new-free-to-play-division-game-is-coming-1846838412?utm_campaign=Kotaku&utm_content=1620322207&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=facebook

It remains to be seen, but with free to play and red storm as developer, it looks like very likely that heartland will be mainly PVP focused. Not my bag... but let's see..

Edit. I jumped back on to D2 this week to bump my dark winter to triple god. Came across a 6500+ SKD player. Holy ****!

doubt anybody is even playing this anymore but update from Dev Team

Today the Developers have published an article about what we can expect in the future for The Division 2.

- The Content originally planned for 2021 has been pushed to February 2022. We can expect a new Title Update, a new season, a new game mode and extra content.

The Title Update will be one of the most ambitious so far for The Division 2.

- There will be monthly Intelligence Annex released with information about the changes coming, the first will drop this Thursday and it will discuss Specialization Revamp.

- At the end of Season 7 there will be an ingame event which will include an apparel event, player favourite Global Events and new rewards associated with them.

- The next Title Update and its game mode will be revealed in January 2022. There will be a PTS on PC for it.

Well look, if the update is as interesting as they say, I'll have a look but Jesus, what a bad time to release your most ambitious update with so many new games out, what are the chances this will have much of a look?

If the new season is the same as the old seasons, it will be a straight up no from me dawg but I'll still be keeping an eye on it. I love the game and we had some great laughs with it on here.

I'd give anything for a survival dlc remaster from the first game. Criminally underrated mode because not many people actually bought it. If that was free, they'd have serious player numbers to satisfy the survive em up crowd but not have it run like dog **** day z.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Glebee

Think i might dip back into D2. Warlords of New York only 7euro. Played through the main game I think but never touched any DLC. Is it worth getting back into. At a loose end gaming wise at the moment...

Post edited by Glebee on

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Am I alone here, but I can't complete the man hunt. The 4th guy, Circe, never seems to be unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It's worth it just to go back to New York, and see how the city has moved on (for the worst) since the events of D1. Nothing revolutionary there, but its enjoyable overall.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Phew, it unlocked today. Heading in later to try get to the 40th floor. On ps4, if anyone wants to help. Only been on it a few times, highest was 22.

Fantastic game. Are people still playing this (PC)? When I matchmake nobody joins although I do get backup when I request it. Is it that everyone's on endgame?

I don't game much, maybe an hour here and there but lately I've been putting more and more time into this using Geforce now on a Nvidia shield. I'm loving DC, I've got the WONY expansion but have been holding off on it to try to clear DC. I'm currently on level 23.

It's mad they are still plugging away at this. It can be gotten so cheap now, wonder where they are being their money from it? I doubt many people are buying the credit bollox.

Yeah it's crazy. Like it's no Destiny 2, the game became pretty repeative after a while. At least with Destiny 2 there are plenty of different locations, with division 2 it all looks the same after a while. I'd rather they just move on to the obvious sequel and instead of sticking to one city , have smaller areas from multiple cities, even outside the US. Make it a game that is actually built to last a number of years with different content

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cdemess

The game died a long time ago. I just go into the dark zone to annoy those French rogues with their multiple name changes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Obvious sequel? Isn't is already certain that's not happening ?

Well Knowing Ubisoft I kind of thought they would rather make a sequel to a known franchise that also has a movie in development over a new IP. Division 2 is dead so would of thought they'd move to sequel by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

If there is a sequel bring back the snow/ low visibility conditions. Also more nighttime less daytime. I found Washington to be far too bright. The game is better when the environment is dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Aren’t they bringing out a free to play Division game? I doubt we’ll get a sequel if they do.

Advertisement