Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Craftylee

Motivator wrote: »
    Yes all I’m seeing is “submitted” on the my documents page.

Quick one on the statement of liability - the declaration “tick” box can’t be ticked but my 2019 form is still showing as being submitted. Anyone else have this issue?

If you have already submitted it and you're pressing the 'View' button, then at the top of the page it says '(Read only - Submitted : <date>'). So it's read only.

I'm also waiting for 2019 to be completed - doing the HTB in Jan is a real pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

I got my P21 today and now my application on HTB is under review. Does anyone know how long this takes? We have already paid the 5k booking deposit and now have 14 days to sign contracts!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

I got my P21 today and now my application on HTB is under review. Does anyone know how long this takes? We have already paid the 5k booking deposit and now have 14 days to sign contracts!

Think mine took 3 days to go from under review to approved. This was back in April so I'd imagine it might take a bit longer this month due to people waiting to include 2019 tax year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone else hear that FG are proposing to increase HTB to 10% with cap of €30000 if elected?

Im currently in the middle/towards the end of a house purchase. Are we just out of luck now if they do increase it as proposed?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

joe123 wrote: »
    Anyone else hear that FG are proposing to increase HTB to 10% with cap of €30000 if elected?

Im currently in the middle/towards the end of a house purchase. Are we just out of luck now if they do increase it as proposed?

Out of luck but in luck as you’ve been able to buy a home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Did you get notified by email when you got your P21?

fifth wrote: »
    Did you get notified by email when you got your P21?

Yes i did

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Billythekid19

Fine Fail look like they'll be bringing in the ssia's again for first time buyers once elected. I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for it though as they could introduce it at any stage over the course of the government term.
    joe123 wrote: »

I still havent received my 2019 P21 but my HTB application has changed to 'under review' and I have a application code. Is that good? lol

Craftylee wrote: »
    I still havent received my 2019 P21 but my HTB application has changed to 'under review' and I have a application code. Is that good? lol

Better than what I'm seeing!

When I try to get my P21/statement of liability.
    p21-1.png

When I access my HTB application
    p21-2.png

Been like this for a few weeks.

• Advertisement

Well i just my enquires on revenue and its gone into cancelled yet neither one of us in the group cancelled.... back on the phone now! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭annejohn91

Ours was also cancelled this morning. We received our P21 this morning. I think it was cancelled as my partner owed 200 in tax. He paid it and we have reapplied now and it just says its being reviewed. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled again. The girl on the phone was no help after being left on hold for 10 minutes.

Just off the phone with them too. Said to wait another 1-2 weeks they have a huge backlog of tax submissions for 2019 to process and once I receive my P21 can proceed with the HTB application again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭annejohn91

I did my tax return yesterday and received my p21 this morning so you may not have to wait that long

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

Still waiting on my balancing statement (p21) received an email when I submitted it saying it would be available for 17th january but still not received it. My partner submitted hers and received the p21 within a couple of working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭scabo33

Was approved for HTB and it expired on December 31st. Re applied early this month to include 2019 income. It’s been stuck on p21 not requested and also says other member has not accepted membership even though they have.

Good to see people are getting p21s slowly though

scabo33 wrote: »
    Was approved for HTB and it expired on December 31st. Re applied early this month to include 2019 income. It’s been stuck on p21 not requested and also says other member has not accepted membership even though they have.

Good to see people are getting p21s slowly though

There was a batch of 50,000 this morning and another 50,000 tomorrow to be released apparently it's being staggered. So fingers crossed for tomorrow. If not they said it might be next week.

There was a batch of 50,000 this morning and another 50,000 tomorrow to be released apparently it's being staggered. So fingers crossed for tomorrow. If not they said it might be next week.

Good luck hope you get sorted I just checked mine and it went to under review. House is nearly finished we are due to drawdown so it would be nice to have it!

How long are people waiting when it goes to under review status? Thanks! (Sorry for the messages we are due to draw down soon)

scabo33 wrote: »
    How long are people waiting when it goes to under review status? Thanks! (Sorry for the messages we are due to draw down soon)

Mine lasted about 24 hours or so

• Advertisement

Craftylee wrote: »
    Mine lasted about 24 hours or so

Thank you. Did you get it in the end?

Mine went to under review status this morning. Still not received my P21 yet though.

Mine went to under review status this morning. Still not received my P21 yet though.

I actually got the p21 a few hours after that but it never sent an email

Mine was approved after the 3rd attempt - was 24 hours after I applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

We had a HTB application open while we waited for our P21 to come back, now we have them it's showing as under approval and waiting for each member to join although we both tried to join.

Should we wait a few days for it to get started or call them to cancel and try again? Just want to get the ball rolling, we have our approval from the bank and put €5,000 on the house. Just waiting for the contract to come through and the HTB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

DaveyDave wrote: »
    We had a HTB application open while we waited for our P21 to come back, now we have them it's showing as under approval and waiting for each member to join although we both tried to join.

Should we wait a few days for it to get started or call them to cancel and try again? Just want to get the ball rolling, we have our approval from the bank and put €5,000 on the house. Just waiting for the contract to come through and the HTB.

I am in the exact same situation bar having a house agreement. Most here are saying it took 24 hours. Im just past that point. Hopefully done on Monday.

I read somewhere that the pending message for members to join the group will go once all members have completed all of the steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

Crafty lee thanks for that - me and my partner were wondering why that message came up. Delighted to hear the wait time isn’t long as I’m waiting on HTB before we sign more contracts!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

DaveyDave wrote: »

Mine has been like that for a few days now. Said one member was waiting to join but kept getting error messages. We cancelled application but can’t can’t even restart it as error messages from start. Better stay put

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Is the amount received all of your PAYE paid after tax credits in the last 4 years or is it a certain percentage of it?

I'm getting figures from the taxes deducted in the PAYE section on the P21 and mine is near the 5% max, it just seems a bit high for something that actually benefits us...

Advertisement