Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 robinse3

Is anyone else getting an error message when they go to apply? My application went in ok but when my partner goes to join the group, it let’s him get so far then displays an error message. It has been happening since Thursday, very frustrating.

Dolbhad wrote: »
    Mine has been like that for a few days now. Said one member was waiting to join but kept getting error messages. We cancelled application but can’t can’t even restart it as error messages from start. Better stay put

Have you had any luck? We have been getting the error message since Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

robinse3 wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting an error message when they go to apply? My application went in ok but when my partner goes to join the group, it let’s him get so far then displays an error message. It has been happening since Thursday, very frustrating.

I had that with my partners application. I cancelled application and resubmitted it and now it’s under review.

Dolbhad wrote: »
    I had that with my partners application. I cancelled application and resubmitted it and now it’s under review.

I tried to do the same and let him put in the application hoping that it would allow me to join. However it was still only letting him get to the page where you selected the 4 years you want to chose. Then the next page just loads an error message.

When you put in your second application did you do it and allow him to join and it worked?

We putting our booking deposit down yesterday and the contractor is putting us under pressure for the application code.

• Administrators Posts: 53,385 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Is the amount received all of your PAYE paid after tax credits in the last 4 years or is it a certain percentage of it?

I'm getting figures from the taxes deducted in the PAYE section on the P21 and mine is near the 5% max, it just seems a bit high for something that actually benefits us...

All tax.

5% of the house value or the amount of income tax you've paid (minus PRSI and USC) in the past 4 years, up to a max of 20k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

Hi,

I tried submitting an application this evening and when selecting 2016 and 2017 it is saying I have not filed a Form 12 for these years even though I have a p21 for each of these years. Anyone had this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

awec wrote: »
    All tax.

5% of the house value or the amount of income tax you've paid (minus PRSI and USC) in the past 4 years, up to a max of 20k.

Thanks, I read some posts where people didn't sound too certain. I'm near the max after tax credits and I had my doubts. I'll believe it when I see it though, it's a lot of money to get!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

robinse3 wrote: »
    I tried to do the same and let him put in the application hoping that it would allow me to join. However it was still only letting him get to the page where you selected the 4 years you want to chose. Then the next page just loads an error message.

When you put in your second application did you do it and allow him to join and it worked?

We putting our booking deposit down yesterday and the contractor is putting us under pressure for the application code.

It did error a few times. Then I waited 24 hours and resubmitted and it went through. However it keeps saying each of need to join membership when we each log in but also says under review. Not sure what’s happening

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Mine still says under review since last thursday.

I rang them earlier and they said because i am due a refund which is scheduled for the 29th then the help to buy team can't process the help to buy application until after the outstanding balance they owe me has been cleared

He said don't expect any update until at least the 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

tolow wrote: »
    Hi,

I tried submitting an application this evening and when selecting 2016 and 2017 it is saying I have not filed a Form 12 for these years even though I have a p21 for each of these years. Anyone had this issue?

I had the same problem - the Form 12 is a statement of liability. If you've no other income to declare its a straight forward process. Just go to statement of liability and submit it for the relevant years.
    You'll actually get another P21 at the end of it all but then you can go ahead with the HTB application

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

tomister wrote: »
    I had the same problem - the Form 12 is a statement of liability. If you've no other income to declare its a straight forward process. Just go to statement of liability and submit it for the relevant years.
    You'll actually get another P21 at the end of it all but then you can go ahead with the HTB application

I'm seeing this error when trying to submit the return for 2016. Anyone else seeing this? Still no sign of my 2019 statement either. Such a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Not sure what to do myself. We both got our SOL back and my missus had underpayment. She paid with credit card and now her side says help to buy is under review and I’ve joined successfully but mine still says awaiting her to join and application can not proceed. Don’t know weather to wait see what happens or cancel and start again. Interesting that I have option to cancel application but she doesn’t?

Anyone been in this situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

neddynono wrote: »
    Not sure what to do myself. We both got our SOL back and my missus had underpayment. She paid with credit card and now her side says help to buy is under review and I’ve joined successfully but mine still says awaiting her to join and application can not proceed. Don’t know weather to wait see what happens or cancel and start again. Interesting that I have option to cancel application but she doesn’t?

Anyone been in this situation?

Did this get resolved for you over night? I am in the exact same situation now

Update on our pending application. The GF called Revenue to see if all was good, they said she owed €1,000 after previously paying €1,100 so our application was cancelled. Turns out that was for the same year, two different people were telling her she owed different amounts. This was paid 2 weeks ago so now she's waiting on a refund of just over €100 and we need to wait for that before going forward.

It seems PAYE and HTB departments don't speak to each other (no surprise there) so as far as I know HTB crowd don't really know what's going on. Hopefully once the refund is sent we can process immediately.

In a perfect world this would be sorted by COB today. There shouldn't be any issues with HTB but it would put our minds at ease once it's confirmed.

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    Did this get resolved for you over night? I am in the exact same situation now

No change this morning. Debating whether to cancel and reapply...

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

Don't know if it'll help anyone but we made an application at the start of the year 02.01.20 and have only just been processed and awarded money in the past few days. We weren't waiting on forms and we hadn't over or under paid for any of the previous years.

We hadn't realised it would take so long. For us, it was the difference in paying 2.45% for 2 years or paying 2.3% for 2 years.

We were granted two different amounts. I could avail of a certain figure and my girlfriend could avail of a completely different figure. Obviously each person in the group is assessed separately but I'm unsure why they bother giving you two separate amounts and then tell you that you can avail of the full €20,000 or 5% of the property value whichever is less.

It just confused things somewhat.

If nothing else at least this might give someone a rough estimate of how long they may be waiting to hear back. When we rang revenue we were told that they aim to respond to queries withing 25 working days. It was within this time frame that our application was processed so hats off to them. I wish I could have 25 working days to respond to every email I get.

We have been trying to apply since last Thursday, my application is going through fine but my partner keeps getting an error message when he goes to join. We cancelled and reapplied numerous times over the weekend to no avail.

We got in contact with ROS technical support yesterday and they said they would get in contact with there developers to resolve the issue yet we have still heard nothing back.

I finally got through to a lovely woman yesterday afternoon who told me they had over 800 applications on Friday so there is a huge backlog. Every time we cancelled our application we where put back to the end of the que. Even though my partner cannot join the group and is still getting the error message she told me that our application is in and is under review, she was even able to give me our application code.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

After being stuck in review for a while, my application has just been approved, good luck hopefully you won't be waiting long.

fifth wrote: »
    After being stuck in review for a while, my application has just been approved, good luck hopefully you won't be waiting long.

How long were you under review for?

Congrats by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

Is there a phone number you can call? The lady in PAYE side has been unhelpful at giving us any details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Craftylee

After sitting in 'Under review' for about 2 days, our application finally got approved. For those "stuck" in this status, I would give it a few days as Revenue are calculating how much you're eligible for and this no doubt takes time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Motivator

Our joint/group application was approved today. When I logged in under my account it’s shows the value of my claim to be x and then when my girlfriend logs into her revenue account it shows an amount almost double what’s showing for mine. The same application number and access code is showing on both accounts.

What does this mean? The total value of the two claim values is just over €20,000, are we entitled to €20,000 in total as in both mine and her claim values are added together or do we just use the higher value I.e hers?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

Motivator wrote: »
    Our joint/group application was approved today. When I logged in under my account it’s shows the value of my claim to be x and then when my girlfriend logs into her revenue account it shows an amount almost double what’s showing for mine. The same application number and access code is showing on both accounts.

What does this mean? The total value of the two claim values is just over €20,000, are we entitled to €20,000 in total as in both mine and her claim values are added together or do we just use the higher value I.e hers?

If the amount you've been granted is equal to or above the €20,000 then you can avail of a maximum of €20,000.

It depends. It's based on the lesser value. So for instance if the house you're buying is €320,000, 5% of this would be €16,000. So even though you might be able in theory to get the full €20,000 it's based on the house you're looking to purchase.

As I mentioned previously it's up to €20,000 or 5% of the value of the house, whichever is the lesser value.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mossyman

Both my wife and myself are unable to apply as we keep getting to the page with the years we want to use and when we click continue it keeps getting the attached error. I last tried it on Monday and tried it again this morning (both my wife and myself) and getting the same error again.

I tries calling Revenue and they told me I can only go through the enquiries route. Is this true? Is there a number I can call? It's getting frustrating now as it's been happening since last week.

We are hoping to close on our house in the next few weeks and are getting anxious.

Mossyman wrote: »
    Both my wife and myself are unable to apply as we keep getting to the page with the years we want to use and when we click continue it keeps getting the attached error. I last tried it on Monday and tried it again this morning (both my wife and myself) and getting the same error again.

I tries calling Revenue and they told me I can only go through the enquiries route. Is this true? Is there a number I can call? It's getting frustrating now as it's been happening since last week.

We are hoping to close on our house in the next few weeks and are getting anxious.

We are in the same boat, its been happening to us since last Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

neddynono wrote: »
    How long were you under review for?

Congrats by the way

Thanks!

I think once it went to under review, it was about 3 working days.

Revenue are saying our HTB needs to be cancelled so we can start again. I don't see an option to cancel on either of our ends? It's under review, but they incorrectly told her she owed money and ended up overpaying them and is due a refund, which is apparently supposed to cancel the application but it didn't, but they're telling us to cancel on our end because they can't do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Revenue are saying our HTB needs to be cancelled so we can start again. I don't see an option to cancel on either of our ends? It's under review, but they incorrectly told her she owed money and ended up overpaying them and is due a refund, which is apparently supposed to cancel the application but it didn't, but they're telling us to cancel on our end because they can't do it...

https://www.ombudsman.ie/

They are very helpful and can intervene with government departments.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭MagicManCan

For our HTB application it's saying under review, but when I check it it's says it's awaiting membership confirmation from my partner and when she checks it says it's awaiting membership confirmation from me? Neither of us have any options when viewing the page so kinda unsure what we should do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

For anyone that is getting confused with the amount, you are entitled to overall as a group use this link!

This is what the bank and developers use to check the amount you're entitled to.

https://www.ros.ie/help-to-buy-web/queryTool

Put in your application code and access pin.

Hope this helps some people out there! :)

Advertisement