Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    It's not that easy making friends when you're a foreigner. I have met a lot of interesting people but many of them have their' regular mates' while others are college buddies and since I am shackled to them most of the week, hanging out with them after hours does not provide that 'letting your hair down' feeling. Not all of them of course but the majority.

Ah I see. Well I had no intention of having a go at you, if it came across like that. Just putting out my perspective on it. Ya know, going to a dating site looking for someone to date only to see a bunch of women who don't want to date. :confused:
    Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Thanks for the Cassidy tip.

No worries. We're a sound bunch and eveyone's more than welcome. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

newbee22 wrote: »
    Why not bring coppers night to Cork?! We could show ye Reardons, the Cork version of Coppers?!
    We corkies need to be loved also.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

Sent a message to a girl on pof a few days ago, got reply in pretty quickly, but they had changed all their pictures in the meantime and instead of the girl I thought I was messaging, new pics appeared of someone completely different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

awec wrote: »
    Sounds like a cheap imitation.

The horror!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

I found it bewildering the amount of women on POF who had looking for a guy for "Friends" or "Hang Out." It quickly became the first thing I'd check and honestly stopped looking at a profile when I saw that, because it isn't what I was looking for.

If you want friends, go out and get to know people.

PS, forget about Coppers. Cassidys on the 18th of Feb is where it's at :) there's a thread stickied about it. All the cool kids are going :cool:

What's wrong with people wanting to make friends off the site? I haven't done it, don't see the need to really, but I've been lurking through this thread and everyones always giving out about it! It's just another avenue to meet people, like meeting people through college, work, sport etc.

I don't see the problem once they've mentioned they're only looking for friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Yeah I'd be interested in friends too, where else can people meet new friends, without joining clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Kya1976 wrote: »
    I'm trying to decide if I should sign up again or not, hmmmm

How did yer man take the custard pie?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Does a guy not having a car diminish his chances on online dating or everyday dating in general? I had one girl take interest in me but as soon as i tell them i haven't got a car all contact seems to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

I_am_LOST wrote: »
    What's wrong with people wanting to make friends off the site? I haven't done it, don't see the need to really, but I've been lurking through this thread and everyones always giving out about it! It's just another avenue to meet people, like meeting people through college, work, sport etc.

I don't see the problem once they've mentioned they're only looking for friends

I guess there are plenty of people out there just looking for mates - especially if you're new to a place - so why not I guess. Think of how many people from abroad are new to/living in Dublin for example!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

Chet Zar wrote: »
    I guess there are plenty of people out there just looking for mates - especially if you're new to a place - so why not I guess. Think of how many people from abroad are new to/living in Dublin for example!

Yeah exactly. I think people are just annoyed about it because it's less of an audience to choose from so to speak :pac:

That said, I've come across a couple of profiles with hot pictures and they're only looking for friends. Boo urns! :P

The dude is impossible to read!
    Would you need an enigma machine to crack him?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭babyfratelli_x

Aw I think Im gettin bored with this craic already!

Have messaged 6 people since I joined, got 4 replies.
    1 guy was lovely asked me out, lookin forward to it, then randomly no contact?
    (Hes been online, obviously just changed mind?)

second guy also asked me out Im meant to be meetin up this weekend so we'll see.

Other 2 conversations just went dry.

Sent two more mails there now, but am not expectin much, one guy is a bit too old I think, and the other is too tall! I mean a foot and a half taller than me, bt feck it they were the only two decent profiles I saw so why not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Or just go to Cassidys on the 18th Feb?

:cool:

But Coppers would add such a touch of class :P

Does a guy not having a car diminish his chances on online dating or everyday dating in general? I had one girl take interest in me but as soon as i tell them i haven't got a car all contact seems to stop.
    That happened a few times to me alright. It can be a bit off putting.
    You wouldn't happen to have one lying around by any chance?pacman.gif

The whole thing was confusing to say the least...
    I have one lying around somewhere i'll pop it in the post. It might look,feel and act like a typewriter but it's a genuine enigma machine! (I like to think so anyway):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Aw I think Im gettin bored with this craic already!

Have messaged 6 people since I joined, got 4 replies.
    1 guy was lovely asked me out, lookin forward to it, then randomly no contact?
    (Hes been online, obviously just changed mind?)

second guy also asked me out Im meant to be meetin up this weekend so we'll see.

Other 2 conversations just went dry.

Sent two more mails there now, but am not expectin much, one guy is a bit too old I think, and the other is too tall! I mean a foot and a half taller than me, bt feck it they were the only two decent profiles I saw so why not.

If ye women think there's no nice men out of alllllll the men on the site, then what chance have us men got? :pac:

Samich wrote: »
    If ye women think there's no nice men out of alllllll the men on the site, then what chance have us men got? :pac:

I am limiting my searches to Cork tho! No patience for long distance craic!

Is OKC fecked for anyone else right now? Can't log in...

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Pembily wrote: »
    God definitely spent a little more time on you to make you so beautiful, so please get in touch it would make my 2012.

I got this message too!!! damn copy & paste job - the cheek of him :D
    think he had a crap photo up & and was too short for me so you can have him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I am limiting my searches to Cork tho! No patience for long distance craic!

I've my searches supposedly limited to Cork, but because POF doesn't understand post codes don't exist here, it shows me girls from mostly Munster with a bit of Dublin thrown in here and there.

Deactivating mine anyway tomorrow. Don't know why I reactivated it!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

No dates to report, was chatting to one or two nice guys about two/three weeks ago, then both just stopped contact abruptly :( one was prob not going to result in anything as he had his location up as Dublin, but he's actually based the opposite end of the country from me!!

Two nice guys messaged me this week, I'm allowing myself to be a little hopeful ;)

Owen wrote: »
    I've my searches supposedly limited to Cork, but because POF doesn't understand post codes don't exist here, it shows me girls from mostly Munster with a bit of Dublin thrown in here and there.

Deactivating mine anyway tomorrow. Don't know why I reactivated it!

yeah I got Perth and Bremen thrown in along with mine today?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

But Coppers would add such a touch of class :P

Too classy for me I'm afraid Kami :o

Too tall guy replied... with a message I cant make sense of?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

come on, post it, we'll decipher it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

One thing i don't get about dating sites is how there are people aged 18-20 on it, these people have parties to go to where they can shift all around them, they shouldnt be interested in dates at that age!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ah it's grand, I'm feeling alright about it now. Just went from a high to low a bit too quickly.

Awh. :(

Just look at it that you've learnt something from it... That's if you have given him the heave-ho.

Too classy for me I'm afraid Kami :o

I'll sneak you in under the white sheet :D

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Working fine for me.

But your profile pictures have been changed to that of a fat naked hairy bloke

I fraped a friend on it yesterday, don't be surprised if that actually happens :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement