Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,415 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

What kind of accent did she have?
    Couldn't possibly be a French one, now could it?

You guys guessed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Couldn't possibly be a French one, now could it?
    Itwasntme. wrote: »
    :-) Ummm... a french one I would imagine.

Just in a bit of a funny humour! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

awec wrote: »
    facepalm.gif

That facepalm is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

What kind of accent did she have?

I'm thinking this one:

article-1304363-0AD8C7F7000005DC-626_468x348.jpg

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Have a coffee date for fri eve after work from a guy from Connecting Singles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭duke916

andreac wrote: »
    Have a coffee date for fri eve after work from a guy from Connecting Singles :)

Good luck!

i just got me a coffee date over the weekend too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

the only thing about the coffee date is it kinda puts pressure on you to have conversation constantly. I would tend to avoid. but then I get anxious socially anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Something similar happened to myself but in this order:
    1. Look at profile. Seems nice.
    2. Send message.
    3. No repsonse.
    4. *tumbleweed*
    5. Get notification that girl wants to meet me.

Happened twice.

-Messaging girl. Nothing amazing going on.

-Girl stops replying after 6 messages or so.

-Two days later get meet me from her.

-Me: "WTF? Can't be arsed with this anymore!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

You messaged a girl 6 times with no replies?

Haha if only I was so persistent :D Nah we had exchanged about 6 messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

You messaged a girl 6 times with no replies?

Never ever do that, one guy has sent me about 8 "hey babes xx" "hey hows tricks" "hi how are you" messages non stop.

Most annoying thing ever, the only reason I haven't blocked him yet is I want to see how long it takes for him to get the hint...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

the only reason I haven't blocked him yet is I want to see how long it takes for him to get the hint...

Men never get hints :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

I closed my POF and okcupid accounts because i don't feel like i should have to sell and display myself online just to meet someone.

I chatted to a good few girls and others just dried out but i'm not sad about it and maybe in the nea future i shall try again but goodluck to all the rest of ye and i will drop by this thread now and again.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

It's the season of deleting! I deleted mine last night ( I've lost count of which number delete I'm on!). Got sick of getting text speak messages and strange messages. Wonder how long the delete will last this time :rolleyes: Back to trying to meet guys in bars I go....once my January detox is over :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Still no messages on my POF account. I got one that said hi - replied to it, but heard nothing back. Also sent a few to some others - have heard nothing. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Fuuuuuuuu...
    Had a message from a nice girl a few days back and was sure I responded and she never wrote back.

Turns out I never sent my response in the first place. Durrr. New message sent anyway, we'll see where it goes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey, I've been lurking on this thread since joining an online dating site.

Does anyone use maybefriends.com or anotherfriend.com? I randomly joined maybefriends and haven't had any bad messages so far, and only one that was "text speak". Everyone on this thread seems to be using POF, is that because of the numbers on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That_Guy wrote: »
    "Meet Me" function

Get notification that girl wants to meet me.

Look at profile. Seems nice.

Send message.

No repsonse.

T'fúck?

To be honest, I only look at that section when I'm bored. And I'll go "yeah", "meh" or "noooo" and only ever click on No or Maybe. I wouldn't be looking at the profile at all. :o Maybe they look at your profile and realise you wouldn't have anything in common??
    The Gnome wrote: »
    Fuuuuuuuu...
    Had a message from a nice girl a few days back and was sure I responded and she never wrote back.

Turns out I never sent my response in the first place. Durrr. New message sent anyway, we'll see where it goes :D

A lesson to everyone! Always check your message sent! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I'm the same Lar, I only use it when bored! I'm still not sold on pof, okc is just waaaay nicer!

Defo always check your sent messages as she may have taken offence :pac: Here's hoping she didn't though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

When she loses the mobile and the broadband goes on the fritz I think it's time to take the hint :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Ive been chatting to a guy back and forth who first contacted me last night. Seems nice, interesting and can form a full sentence no txt spk :D Anyway so he asked me out for a drink/coffee and we agreed maybe this weekend....but Im not really attracted to his photos :o but since we are getting on in our messages I just thought why not meet him :confused: but cant help but feeling Id be wasting both our times since im not really into his photos......ugh I feel like a horrible person!

Also somebody else mentioned the coffee date earlier, must admit their not my favourite much prefer a few alcoholic drinks just feels much more relaxed. The plus side on the coffee date is if its going pear shaped you can leave after the one drink :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Sometimes photos dont do a person justice though.People tend to put up pics they think they look best in themselves,doesnt mean they do though (Ive been guilty of this in the past :o )

Re the coffee date.

If you arent really sure I think coffee is the best bet tbh.When you have a few beers then the person usually becomes more attractive/interesting etc so may give you a skewed impression of them. (Ive been guilty of this in the past too :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Yeah I think Ill suggest we go for coffee... it may be the safer option :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I've met up with two guys who didn't look great in photos but got on well. They were more attractive in person.

Can go either way though. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I don't take a good photo either. and apparently look much better IRL. awec, take some of yourself for it. take your time with it, and try a few different lights - modes etc.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement