Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,413 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

For the record, I'm not a skeleton, but not huge at all. Either way, I'm a bit shocked that people act like that. Also this guy is 49! Surely he should be a bit more mature?

Id think if something to say back to him then block him so he cant reply back, tosser :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

awec wrote: »
    OKC looks better than POF.

Apparently if you answer the questions you get more views too.

Might as well so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

hmmmm both from same user a few mins apart... :eek:

Hi Tubs = How's u?

Did u watch operation trans ????? Great tips for The Bulge

:eek::eek:

plase tell me no one said that to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

OKC looks better than POF.

Apparently if you answer the questions you get more views too.

I had my OKC account before my PoF and i find it hard going back to it cus it really just feels empty, there just isnt anywhere near the same amount of active accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Hi Tubs = How's u?

I'd say it's the same person with 2 different accounts. That is disgraceful behaviour! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

oomp - report those guys, that's not on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

came from same user! I just ignored it... but still :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

well if it's two from the same user, it's even more of a reason to report it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Hi Tubs = How's u?

Fairly crazy stuff happening out there alright.

A girl was telling me that some bloke she ignored setup an alt profile with pictures of "hotter men" then the original profile in an attempt to catch her out.

Fecking madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Still haven't had that second date yet. It's been just over a week now. Keep having to reschedule because of work (I've been working seriously unsociable hours lately and its buggering me right off!). I feel like such an a-hole having had to reschedule on the poor girl twice. We're penciled in for Sunday evening now. I admire her patience for being willing to wait 2 weeks between dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Just got a message of a guy telling me he liked my look and my eyes :rolleyes: So went to look at his profile and this is what had up with the fakest good looking photo he must of robbed off google images :P
    Im honest person funny and sociable who want to meet a women with open mind and interest for life also talking about the future and project which makes life easy, im a bit shy and more ambisious and like advantures and love making love, traveling a lots to warm countries and swiming is my half hobby, listening to R&B new fashion music also the classic, i love relaxation and going for massage 2 times a week minimum, waiting for you princess

Ha ha he has some life :D and what the hell is new fashion music?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

He is a Nigerian prince that has millions just waiting for one lucky lady.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

He is a Nigerian prince that has millions just waiting for one lucky lady.
    :pac:

Hmm you think???! ...runs off to reply to him asap :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Signed up to POF, set the bait out for the fishies so now it's time to play the waiting game.

63e51038_f4b0_682c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

lol.

A bit of a conundrum- I want to meet people but I also don't believe that I can have a successful relationship with someone without first being friends. Proper friends that is. So my intent says dating for relationship but the moment I tell mutual interests that I would like to test out a friendship first- communication is terminated. What's a girl to do? :confused:

ps: I am new on here but would love to tag along to the boards.ie coppers fest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I'm meeting a young French lady tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Are us olders allowed to come along to the Coppers night out too ?
    I'm game ball anyway. Maybe i can snag me some young garda;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    A bit of a conundrum- I want to meet people but I also don't believe that I can have a successful relationship with someone without first being friends. Proper friends that is. So my intent says dating for relationship but the moment I tell mutual interests that I would like to test out a friendship first- communication is terminated. What's a girl to do? :confused:

The word friendship is not a word people like to hear often. Perhaps you could say we can meet and see how things go...you're not committing to anything that way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

It's understandable that, in the past, you might have had more success in relationships with guys that you were friends with first.

However that was probably in cases where the friendship happened organically, and then naturally progressed to more!

It's a lot more difficult to try to start off a "friendship" with the sort-of-maybe possibility of something more down the line. Look at it from the guy's point of view. He gets in touch because he likes you, possibly in a romantic way. You're telling him to switch all that off, and only see you as a friend - but that eventually, when you're ready, you might want him to start seeing you in a romantic way again?! It's a bit of a mindf*ck really, I know I'd probably not bother with that sort of complicated stuff!

If you like a guy, why not just meet him. Maybe it'll progress to friendship, and maybe more, but you won't really know until you've spent time with them ... just be open-minded about it!

You do have to bear in mind that, generally, people use online dating sites to set up dates - not to find new friends! So, if you're looking for friends right now and not dating, there might be better ways of going about it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I found it bewildering the amount of women on POF who had looking for a guy for "Friends" or "Hang Out." It quickly became the first thing I'd check and honestly stopped looking at a profile when I saw that, because it isn't what I was looking for.

If you want friends, go out and get to know people.

PS, forget about Coppers. Cassidys on the 18th of Feb is where it's at :) there's a thread stickied about it. All the cool kids are going :cool:

Is there a quota on the number of TGC nights out that are allowed? ;)

Nope, but there is a referral bonus. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'd be up for a night out so count me in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Maguined wrote: »
    Signed up to POF, set the bait out for the fishies so now it's time to play the waiting game.

63e51038_f4b0_682c.jpg
    You might catch a few pikes here and there at first but the salmon will come. :D

It's understandable that, in the past, you might have had more success in relationships with guys that you were friends with first.

However that was probably in cases where the friendship happened organically, and then naturally progressed to more!

It's a lot more difficult to try to start off a "friendship" with the sort-of-maybe possibility of something more down the line. Look at it from the guy's point of view. He gets in touch because he likes you, possibly in a romantic way. You're telling him to switch all that off, and only see you as a friend - but that eventually, when you're ready, you might want him to start seeing you in a romantic way again?! It's a bit of a mindf*ck really, I know I'd probably not bother with that sort of complicated stuff!

If you like a guy, why not just meet him. Maybe it'll progress to friendship, and maybe more, but you won't really know until you've spent time with them ... just be open-minded about it!

You do have to bear in mind that, generally, people use online dating sites to set up dates - not to find new friends! So, if you're looking for friends right now and not dating, there might be better ways of going about it!

Hmm. You make a pretty good point- I guess I hadn't realised just how much of a mind eff it could be.

Gaaah. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Why not bring coppers night to Cork?! We could show ye Reardons, the Cork version of Coppers?!

• Advertisement

I found it bewildering the amount of women on POF who had looking for a guy for "Friends" or "Hang Out." It quickly became the first thing I'd check and honestly stopped looking at a profile when I saw that, because it isn't what I was looking for.

If you want friends, go out and get to know people.

PS, forget about Coppers. Cassidys on the 18th of Feb is where it's at :) there's a thread stickied about it. All the cool kids are going :cool:

It's not that easy making friends when you're a foreigner. I have met a lot of interesting people but many of them have their' regular mates' while others are college buddies and since I am shackled to them most of the week, hanging out with them after hours does not provide that 'letting your hair down' feeling. Not all of them of course but the majority.

I also live in clonee- not exactly the most bustling neighbourhood- cookie cutter houses and young parents about sums it up. I have been here five months and apart from my classmates and their friends, I have met no one else really.

The funny thing is, I always liked to keep my own company and my friends back home were constantly on at me to hang out more and I took them for granted - now that I have that solitude I was constantly fighting for, I appreciate their nagging a lot more. :)

Thanks for the Cassidy tip.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement