Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Apparently Paul O'Donnell who has Furey's is taking over Connolly's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I believe Connolly's pub is closed and due to re-open under new management.

Love Connolly's but always v quiet when I'm there. It has a lot of charm and character and the barman is lovely. I hope it reopens soon and flourishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Henlars67 wrote: »
    Apparently Paul O'Donnell who has Furey's is taking over Connolly's.
    A nice guy, if this is true I hope it goes well for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Whats the new Korona place on Castle Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was only in Connollys last week for a few quiet pints.. will miss the great Guinness! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Basq wrote: »
    Was only in Connollys last week for a few quiet pints.. will miss the great Guinness! :(

Hopefully the management change won't change that. But if they start some tacky modernising crap, it'll be more than the good Guinness that'll be killed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

The only thing I didn't like about Connolly's was the lack of lighting.

It was like walking into a cave, was hard to even read the newspaper while having a pint.

Decent pub in general though and delighted it won't be closing for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mayoabc

Would anybody know of any jobs going in town? Preferably full time, any kind of work. I've been searching online to no avail :( Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

Velvet re-opening on Saturday night, looks permanent, not just for the Fleadh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Source is popping up as a pop up pub for the week of the Diddly Eye. They've put a fair bit of work into it, hopefully it'll remain open when the Fleadhers are gone home.

• Advertisement

Think Garavogue is opening a pop-up pub for the week too called An Seisiun.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Think Garavogue is opening a pop-up pub for the week too called An Seisiun.

That's the one going into source.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭tinpib

Henlars67 wrote: »
    The only thing I didn't like about Connolly's was the lack of lighting.

It was like walking into a cave, was hard to even read the newspaper while having a pint.

Couldn't agree more. Did my head in and was the only reason I stopped going there. I honestly couldn't see the change in my hand. Absolutely crazy.

I reckon if they bump up the lights the crowds will come back.

Whats the new Korona place on Castle Street?
    Not sure if it is a restaurant or another cafe in the town of cafes. Looks like it will be open this week.

I see there is work going on in the old Pepper Alley

I see there is work going on in the old Pepper Alley
    Rugatinos is going in there AFAIK.

Still saddened by Pepper Alleys closure, it was a lovely place to go for a coffee and a sandwich!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Still saddened by Pepper Alleys closure, it was a lovely place to go for a coffee and a sandwich!
    Personally, it was one of the places in town I thought was let down by poor staff.. but maybe that's just me!

Personally, it was one of the places in town I thought was let down by poor staff.. but maybe that's just me!

And the fact the the same sandwich was a different price every day of the week. One day €3.50 another day €5.50 depending on who is on the till, crazy.

Always found the staff I dealt with including the owner,very nice and helpful.Never had an issue with pricing either,they must'nt have liked you guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭heathledgerlove

I thought it was on purpose it was so bad! Like that restaurant in America where they're deliberately rude :P

Rugatinos is going in there AFAIK.

Rugartinos is my favourite Italian in town, good value too. Hopefully the move won't affect the quality of the food or the prices.

Work going on in the big empty unit in jonsons court, across from Euro Giant. Heard ages ago that Euro Giant were supposed to move in there but it seems to be too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

zorro2566 wrote: »

Really? Thought it was bog standard, with indifferent staff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Euro Giant is moving across the shopping centre to a bigger unit.

magnumlady wrote: »
    Euro Giant is moving across the shopping centre to a bigger unit.

I saw some guys measuring up in the old Tom Tailor as well the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Yeah I did too and the window glass says 'PS'

Pretty sure it's Boots that are set on a move to Tom Tailor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

That would be great if Boots moved to a larger unit. I feel they miss out on sales with no room to hold an adequate xmas gift section and full make up range. Love going to the one in Galway.

Nearly certain I saw work going on in Abrakababra few weeks back too. Anyone know what's going on there?

Sounds like the town is waking up a little.

Does anyone know if the yankee candle pop up shop will be round this year seeing as Homestore&More have had to pull their entire stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

Cannings have a big selection of Yankee candles in, seen it on the Facebook page today.

Advertisement