Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Pretty sure it's Boots that are set on a move to Tom Tailor.
    FoxyVixen wrote: »
    That would be great if Boots moved to a larger unit. I feel they miss out on sales with no room to hold an adequate xmas gift section and full make up range. Love going to the one in Galway.

Nearly certain I saw work going on in Abrakababra few weeks back too. Anyone know what's going on there?

Sounds like the town is waking up a little.

Does anyone know if the yankee candle pop up shop will be round this year seeing as Homestore&More have had to pull their entire stock?

Any confirmation on the Boots move? Not whilst I shop there an awful lot, it would be a golden chance to show off their full range. Do particularly like their meal deals if nearer one of their larger stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Any confirmation on the Boots move? Not whilst I shop there an awful lot, it would be a golden chance to show off their full range. Do particularly like their meal deals if nearer one of their larger stores.

Boots would be not much bigger, if at all, unless it were to take the current Eurogiant shop as well.

Boots would be not much bigger, if at all, unless it were to take the current Eurogiant shop as well.

They would have an upstairs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Cannings have a big selection of Yankee candles in, seen it on the Facebook page today.

Thanks, I didn't know they did them. I know Cara pharmacy and easons do them but I've noted they've really stripped back on the range also.

Cannings is a bit out of the way though. least a yankee pop up in johnston court might just help bring a bit of spirit into the town by making the centre look "full" for xmas shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Even taking the upstairs into account as well it will be bigger but I don't think it will be a great deal bigger, although it is likely to have a much better layout and more aisle space, something which it currently lacks. I think it's a better location for them and it should add footfall to Johnston Court and help fill the rest of the empty units, there are still four or five units available for more discount shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

New clothes shop opening in Johnston court called Edge. Only saw the fittings coming in last week. Probably open by now.

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    New clothes shop opening in Johnston court called Edge. Only saw the fittings coming in last week. Probably open by now.

Noticed that yesterday. Looked like a Pop-Up/Seasonal store though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I know its not a store, but Eala Bhán restaurant in Rockwood Parade is re-open again after the Fire they had ...

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Jodi Albert is opening a clothes shop in Quayside called "Jodi's Boutique". Opens Nov 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

I know its not a store, but Eala Bhán restaurant in Rockwood Parade is re-open again after the Fire they had ...

that's brilliant, an important part of the river scape good to see them back on their feet with christmas on the horizon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

A new cafe on Grattan st opened this week, My Story, I think it is called. Menu is only behind the counter from what I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

New pop-up coffee shop over beside Garavogue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Basq wrote: »
    pop-up coffee shop

Absolutely flabbergasted reading that. In the town of cafes this is what the people of Sligo were calling out for.

Wish we had a proper HMV!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Wish we had a proper HMV!
    #]

What are you buying in HMV that you cannot download?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

#]

What are you buying in HMV that you cannot download?

You wouldn't download a car

I'm old school and prefer the physicality of music, that is I like to have the vinyl or cd in my collection as opposed to MP3 files.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

cloneslad wrote: »

Wanna bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I'm old school and prefer the physicality of music, that is I like to have the vinyl or cd in my collection as opposed to MP3 files.

The record room? Cornerstone of Sligo is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

cloneslad wrote: »

Of course you can. 3D printers have come a long way, and just in time with your statement, last week Audi published details about their 3D printed car. All you need it for the raw material and you can download the file and print away to your hearts content.

Isnt technology utterly amazing.

http://mashable.com/2015/11/05/audi-3d-printer/#A179nARFogqg

• Advertisement

thebuzz wrote: »
    Jodi Albert is opening a clothes shop in Quayside called "Jodi's Boutique". Opens Nov 14th

CTor1uMWoAQt9sB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That little corner unit behind the Bagel Place has gotta be the unluckiest spot in Quayside..

Basq wrote: »
    That little corner unit behind the Bagel Place has gotta be the unluckiest spot in Quayside..

I was thinking the same, been empty more times than occupied since the SC opened I think. I thought her shop was going to be inside the centre itself - ah well good luck to her, hope she makes a go of it

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

CTor1uMWoAQt9sB.jpg

God love her, I more or less stopped coming into town a while back, too depressing. I was in the other day to collect something and I nearly cried, the place is falling down.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭warriorpoet

Boots taking 3 unit spaces....and apparently keeping the store on O'Connell Street open too.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭warriorpoet

New Ladies Fashions Store opening in Johnston Court mall... THE CLOSET... Opens next Fri 4th.

Boots taking 3 unit spaces....and apparently keeping the store on O'Connell Street open too.

I thought it was only 2 units!

from what I was told upstairs is not open to retail and the O' Connell st store is closing!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭heathledgerlove

I see a new cafe on Castle St beside Abracababra (sp?) "My Story", looked really sweet so am going to definitely check it out next time I'm in town

• Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DenMan

There is a new homeware store going in where the food experience used to be in the Wine St car park. I saw the guys unloading deliveries in there and setting things up a few days ago.

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    There is a new homeware store going in where the food experience used to be in the Wine St car park. I saw the guys unloading deliveries in there and setting things up a few days ago.

Home Proud

Advertisement