Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

IONITY - charging / fees / tips

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

redcup342 wrote: »
    Did you register the card in the APP after you received it ? 
    Otherwise it won't work.

Ah ha. Maybe that's it. I'll try do that, cheers

Back in cashel again. Parked awkwardly again, and subsequently dodged both sensors on the ground. Easier to charge with my awful parking though.

IMG-20190812-093715.jpg

Left Athlone with less than 100% and must of being going into a head wind (also left at 8am and 8°C) but got to cashel with ~33% charge left.
    Plugged in, started via the app and walked away. Tea, muffin and a toilet break each and we were on the way again with 86% charge.

Screenshot-2019-08-12-11-17-22.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Did you register the card in the APP after you received it ? 
    Otherwise it won't work.
    Ah ha. Maybe that's it. I'll try do that, cheers

Yes, that's it.

I set up an account with Maingau last night so am awaiting the card which will hopefully arrive this week.

I was having a look around the website after registering and found this which explains what you need to do:

How do I register my charge card?
    Log in to the app. Go to "Charge Cards / Charging Chips" via user account and click on the button "Activate Charge Card / Charge Chip". Enter your card number, which you will find on the back of your RFID card. If you do not have the app on your mobile phone, write to info@einfachstromladen.de or call our customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭10-10-20

What was the average duration that you had to wait for the Maingau card to be delivered to Ireland?

And for reference, it appears to be the "EinfachStrom-Laden" app which you need, not the "MAINGAU Energie Electroauto Carsharing" one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

10-10-20 wrote: »
    What was the average duration that you had to wait for the Maingau card to be delivered to Ireland?

And for reference, it appears to be the "EinfachStrom-Laden" app which you need, not the "MAINGAU Energie Electroauto Carsharing" one. :)
    In Germany mine came in 3 days so I'd say give it another 2 days for Ireland. 
    You can start using the APP straight away anyways, you don't need to card for the Ionity Chargers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I got my bank account linked to my Maingau account (for authorised payments via SEPA transfer). It seems once you have done that, you can no longer add another payment method (wanted to add PayPal just in case). My Maingau account in the app is now linked to my Maingau charge card though, so should be good to go.

unkel wrote: »
    I got my bank account linked to my Maingau account (for authorised payments via SEPA transfer). It seems once you have done that, you can no longer add another payment method (wanted to add PayPal just in case). My Maingau account in the app is now linked to my Maingau charge card though, so should be good to go.
    Get onto their support, they are quite good :) 
    Should be able to sort it out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

Have downloaded the app "EinfachStrom-Laden" app
    and created an account (registered)

cant see where i enter my Maingau card number on the app (card arrived today)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

k123456 wrote: »
    Have downloaded the app "EinfachStrom-Laden" app
    and created an account (registered)

cant see where i enter my Maingau card number on the app (card arrived today)

See post #34

How long u waiting for the card?
    I registered yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

Waiting approx one week for card

• Advertisement

Get onto their support, they are quite good :) 
    Should be able to sort it out for you.

Oh I know. Many things went wrong during my setup and they nearly always responded within a working day :)

I don't really need PayPal anymore though now my Maingau account is linked to my IBAN setup? Whichever I charge with, through app or through Maingau card, payment should go through SEPA transfer

In Germany mine came in 3 days so I'd say give it another 2 days for Ireland. 
    You can start using the APP straight away anyways, you don't need to card for the Ionity Chargers :)

It took a week to receive the card.
    Quick service +++

I don't have a PayPal option in the app. Should I?
    SEPA isn't all that useful, I presume it's going to take an Irish bank nearly two working days to complete the transaction if it's logged after 3pm or some other nonsense. Perhaps N26/Revolut would be quicker anyway.

SEPA isn't all that useful, I presume it's going to take an Irish bank nearly two working days to complete the transaction if it's logged after 3pm or some other nonsense.

Before a certain cut off point, SEPA is done the same working day. And after the cut off point it is done the next day. Bank transfers are the preferred payment method in Germany and they are completely free for all parties. That's all fine with me.

Can't wait to try Ionity myself with the Maingau card, maybe I'll just have to take a trip to Wexford to give it a try :)

I don't have a PayPal option in the app. Should I?
    SEPA isn't all that useful, I presume it's going to take an Irish bank nearly two working days to complete the transaction if it's logged after 3pm or some other nonsense. Perhaps N26/Revolut would be quicker anyway.

What's the issue with it taking a day or 2 to take your money? They take it eventually.

EDIT. I've actually still not been charged yet. Transactions on the 10th and 12th of August haven't shown up against my bank account yet.

What's the issue with it taking a day or 2 to take your money? They take it eventually.

EDIT. I've actually still not been charged yet. Transactions on the 10th and 12th of August haven't shown up against my bank account yet.
    You know what, I was thinking that the process worked in reverse, with the card needing crediting (like some others) rather than it billing. So that was my misunderstanding. That's fine then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Got my Maingau card and linked it to my EinfachStrom-Laden app.
    I have my bank details linked too.
    So can I just use the card to stop and start the charge now at ionity and no need to have my phone with me?

iggy wrote: »
    Got my Maingau card and linked it to my EinfachStrom-Laden app.
    I have my bank details linked too.
    So can I just use the card to stop and start the charge now at ionity and no need to have my phone with me?

Yep ðŸ‘

Any SEPA details will suffice it seems. ;) I used my N26 account but didn't see a 'validation' attempt on my card. So not sure how the first transaction will work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

If it is like new motion I get billed on average bi-weekly by the looks of it. I did my first charge using Maingau last night for a quick test in the netherlands so I will wait and see.

On topic: How reliable are the chargers in Cashell for getting a place on Saturday afternoon? I will hopefully pick up my I3 this weekend from Dublin

• Advertisement

krissovo wrote: »
    If it is like new motion I get billed on average bi-weekly by the looks of it. I did my first charge using Maingau last night for a quick test in the netherlands so I will wait and see.

On topic: How reliable are the chargers in Cashell for getting a place on Saturday afternoon? I will hopefully pick up my I3 this weekend from Dublin

I rarely pass by, but the 4-6 times I have, i've only ever noticed a total of 1 car at them. 3 cars if you also count the 2 times i've used it. You'll have no problem using them. There's 5 CCS chargers in Cashel!

Update on the billing. They bill at the end of the month it seems. Just got an email (all in German) from them basically detailing the dates I used their service, costs, units charged, location, how charge was initiated etc.

Edit. Interestingly their bill says 40c per kWh, but the bill gives a lesser amount of kw used than their app says.

97425a02966218037d21de539a15a896.png

Screenshot-2019-08-10-19-36-19.jpg

And the cost remained the €0.32 / kWh Maingau seem to charge you? I'd be very happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Update on the billing. They bill at the end of the month it seems. Just got an email (all in German) from them basically detailing the dates I used their service, costs, units charged, location, how charge was initiated etc.

Edit. Interestingly their bill says 40c per kWh, but the bill gives a lesser amount of kw used than their app says.

So which is right? Did the car take 10.45 or 13kWh?

So which is right? Did the car take 10.45 or 13kWh?

Very good question. Here's more info from the bill:
    9bb375f01997ddadd91b2be4edfe1162.png

It shows the meters reading before and after I started charging, and the amount I used, which matches up with what the app says.

So the app says I got 17kw, my bill says I got 17kw, but says I only got charged for 13.7kw.

I didn't take exact note of what % battery I had when I started charging. From memory when I posted earlier in the month I had ~33% battery on arrival, and ~86% when I left. So I gained 53%, equating to about 15kw of power... neither of which are on the 17kw or 13.7kw :rolleyes:

EDIT
    I extracted my torque logs and it looks like I arrived in Cashel with 28.5% battery (BMS), and left with 82.5% battery (BMS). Similar so, 15kw. I might have had some power flowing into the car before I started up torque, but nothing much. Maybe a minute or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Is the standard fee €8? Nice saving using maingau

With ionity it is.

Yep, It depends on how fast or how big your battery is.

8 quid would be good value charging up an Almots empty E-Tron :)

€8 fixed price is only temporary. Not sure why Ionity thought it was a good idea. Maybe to take customers away from competing networks in mainland Europe I guess.

• Advertisement

€8 fixed price is only temporary. Not sure why Ionity thought it was a good idea. Maybe to take customers away from competing networks in mainland Europe I guess.

I guess in Ireland it doesnt make sense, since ESB is free, but I assume in mainland europe it's at least somewhat competitive.

Advertisement