Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

IONITY - charging / fees / tips

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,458 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

@shanemkelly Is the EasyGo card free? I find their site and general information really difficult to navigate.
    +1
    Just went on there and it claims the fob costs €5, not paying that, can't see how to get a card?
    Crap website tbh, and I want to show support for any private charging network!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

ELM327 wrote: »
    +1
    Just went on there and it claims the fob costs €5, not paying that, can't see how to get a card?

Give them a ring and talk and they should send one out if they know you are serious, also the installers have fobs and 4 line application forms if you see one. They photo the application and give you the fob and you are set up there and then.

krissovo wrote: »
    Give them a ring and talk and they should send one out if they know you are serious, also the installers have fobs and 4 line application forms if you see one. They photo the application and give you the fob and you are set up there and then.
    Well I hardly want a fob to throw at people, it's for use at chargers!
    My point is they should make the website better.

I've had issues with them in the past but I really want any and all private fast charger networks to succeed and expand. Anything is better than single point of failure ecars nonsense

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Well I hardly want a fob to throw at people, it's for use at chargers!
    My point is they should make the website better.

I've had issues with them in the past but I really want any and all private fast charger networks to succeed and expand. Anything is better than single point of failure ecars nonsense

Yup. Agreed. They're making it difficult though. Their site has prices all over the place, though the last I hear was 10c/kWh. Talk of connection fees, and charges to get a fob turn people away. Pretty sure I filled out their online form, nothing happened. Tweeted them, nothing happened (they replied, but didn't help me). Downloaded the app, I can log in, but it says i'm pay as you go.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Keep it simple.
    Where can I charge on your chargers (they show every charger in a specific area)?
    How do I register to use your chargers?
    How do I use/initiate charge at your chargers?
    How much does it cost to use your chargers?

Pretty much all the info I want, but very difficult to find.

Edit:
    Oh ffs. I logged in on my laptop, and when I go to change my subscription type, I get a feedback window asking me to tell them what to fix. Their site is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

End of the month. You'll get an email in all German, with a PDF attached.

@shanemkelly Is the EasyGo card free? I find their site and general information really difficult to navigate.
    +1

I signed up a long time ago and got the Fob for nothing. In fact, I think receiving the Fob was the reason I signed up (i.e. in case they started to charge for it later on). When news of the charge for the Fob came up, I e-mailed them saying I should've received a free Fob and they sent one to me.

I'm not a big user of public charging (my 40,000km/year is done mainly from charging at home & at work) so haven't had a chance to test the Fob yet.

• Advertisement

I signed up a long time ago and got the Fob for nothing. In fact, I think receiving the Fob was the reason I signed up (i.e. in case they started to charge for it later on). When news of the charge for the Fob came up, I e-mailed them saying I should've received a free Fob and they sent one to me.

I'm not a big user of public charging (my 40,000km/year is done mainly from charging at home & at work) so haven't had a chance to test the Fob yet.
    same as myself - 50k a year but 95+% of all trips are done in one charge from home/work
    The ones that arent are generally to westport, wexford, or some other holiday destination.

Athlone (or is it kinnegad?) easygo charger would be a nice stop off on the way to westport.
    They've also put an easygo fast charger in the hotel near enough my aul man's house in Kildare, so would use that too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,154 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

same as myself - 50k a year but 95+% of all trips are done in one charge from home/work
    The ones that arent are generally to westport, wexford, or some other holiday destination.

Athlone (or is it kinnegad?) easygo charger would be a nice stop off on the way to westport.
    They've also put an easygo fast charger in the hotel near enough my aul man's house in Kildare, so would use that too.

Ionity are opening in Athlone pretty soon too if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Maingau 
    Plugsurfing
    Stadtwerke Dusseldorf 
    Have a few apps as well, 
    PolyfazerDirect for Czech,
    EinfachstromLaden, Incase RFID Chip doesn't work 
    Fastnet - To see the actual state of Fastned Chargers 
    Ladenetz - to see actual state of Ladenetz charger that don't seem to be in the Fastned app yet work with a Fastned Card. 
    Chargemap - To see free chargers and to map out trips
    Wirelane - Can't remember why I got this, I think there are a few networks in Europe that are not in Maingau or Ladenetz. 
    Plugsurfing - The go to, Maingau or Stadtwerke + Apps don't work (usually in NL or Belgium)  
    Intercharge - The local companies will usually be in Intercharge if they aren't in Ladenetz in Germany.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ionity are opening in Athlone pretty soon too if I'm not mistaken.

This Thursday.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    This Thursday.

I'd love for this to mean something to me (originally from Athlone) but unless I'm going further afield I'll be juicing up at my folks place on a granny cable. Ionity on the Limerick ring road would be my next wish. Twould get me from cork to Galway etc a stress free charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,880 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I'd love for this to mean something to me (originally from Athlone) but unless I'm going further afield I'll be juicing up at my folks place on a granny cable. Ionity on the Limerick ring road would be my next wish. Twould get me from cork to Galway etc a stress free charge.

The two 50kW double chargers (Applegreen branded) that went in at Birdhill a few days ago might help too?

unkel wrote: »
    The two 50kW double chargers (Applegreen branded) that went in at Birdhill a few days ago might help too?

Twould add ~50km to my trip. Currently, Shannon or Ennis would be my stopping points. Seems Shannon has 2 CHAdeMO chargers, and 1 CCS. Less chance of being stuck behind a charging Leaf I guess, and they're the same charging speed as Birdhill.

Technically at 206km, I should be able to drive to Galway in 1 go, but I aint ever risking that in an Ioniq.

Technically at 206km, I should be able to drive to Galway in 1 go, but I aint ever risking that in an Ioniq.

I would have no problem risking that in Ioniq on those roads if I was on my own (in summer). Car is well up for it. Wouldn't hammer it though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,154 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Athlone Ionity will benefit me if I ever have to drive to Dublin, means I have to take a slightly different route but adds next to nothing distance wise. Previously I'd have been relying on Longford or the Applgegreen in Killcock at a stretch.

unkel wrote: »
    I would have no problem risking that in Ioniq on those roads if I was on my own (in summer). Car is well up for it. Wouldn't hammer it though.

Not that I "hammer it", but I don't hang about either. If i've an open 100km/hr road, i'll be doing GPS 100km/hr. Same with motorways. Given i've never seen much more than 206km indicated on my GOM i'd not risk it (granted my daily drive is up a hill and home windy back roads with lots of braking and accelerating so my GOM is bound to be low).

My gom was generally 160-170km, not a hope I'd take the Ioniq on a 206km trip without stopping

• Registered Users Posts: 33,683 ✭✭✭✭listermint

My gom was generally 160-170km, not a hope I'd take the Ioniq on a 206km trip without stopping

Seems like it's easy to do though without alot of effort. Obviously your gom is your typical driving style.

But with all due respect if you made minor adjustments to it the over 200 would be quite a simple task in one go if needed.

Surely....

Indeed. With a light foot on regional roads in summer, I'd have no problem taking on a bet that I can't do 300km in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

To do so one would have to drive at 100km or less on a motorway.
    I would find that much more stressful than stopping for 10 minute charge.

On the bright side there are now 13 CCS fast chargers between Galway city and Dublin airport, 14 if your coming from the west of Galway city.....not bad at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

On the bright side there are now 13 CCS fast chargers between Galway city and Dublin airport, 14 if your coming from the west of Galway city.....not bad at all

Oh. stop it! You're supposed to keep up the mantra that public charging is so bad that you have to keep burning petrol. :p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

Which one is West of Galway, please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

k123456 wrote: »
    Which one is West of Galway, please

If you are coming from west of Galway to Dublin, you would be passing this one https://goo.gl/maps/YAn3a85W4x9f12s67

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭zg3409

Mupchease wrote: »
    does it accept "nil" as a postcode

Edit : I looked up my account info through the app and I got it working with 00000

Re: Maingau
    Just received this email today:
    Information:
    Our shop is currently not activated for foreign countries. Therefore, we ask you to put a "0" in front of any four-digit zip code (eg "01050" Vienna). Select "Germany" as country and enter your intended country in the address additional field (eg "Austria"). Only in this way can we ensure that the chip will be delivered to the correct mailbox!
    With our RFID-Chip your charging sessions will be easier!

I am not sure how that applies to Ireland but I suspect a 5 digit zip code starting with zero is needed, country Germany, and then put Ireland in address field. My card has not arrived yet, but I live in hope.

zg3409 wrote: »
    Re: Maingau
    Just received this email today:

I am not sure how that applies to Ireland but I suspect a 5 digit zip code starting with zero is needed, country Germany, and then put Ireland in address field. My card has not arrived yet, but I live in hope.
    You can use the app to start charge. Tis how I did it initially. Picked a charger, found it's ID number, found that ID number on the app at the cashel station and started charge.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Out of the blue my manigau and Esb cards arrived, wasn't expecting the manigau card so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

mccannf wrote: »
    I put my Eircode in originally as XnnXnnn (X is a letter, n a number) and it didn't work. But when I put it in as Xnn Xnnn with a space between them, it accepted it.
    That Eircode format worked for me too, thanks! Chargers not showing on the map but I'll check again tomorrow.

Just registered successfully ("Vielen Dank für die Registrierung!"), but the stumbling block for me was that the Eircode format was slightly off. In its correct format, mine is similar to X91 W820, but the site required it with four characters, a space, then three characters, so X91W 820.

Anyway, let's wait and see what happens next! Thanks to everyone posting here, it's been a big help in getting this far.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

I managed to register with Maingau, they had to do it manually as it was failing all the time, then a few errors not receiving the confirmation email, etc

Now if I go to the Payment methods in my account I get this message and cannot set any payment method

"No payment method can be deposited for your account"

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

jarrieta wrote: »
    I managed to register with Maingau, they had to do it manually as it was failing all the time, then a few errors not receiving the confirmation email, etc

Now if I go to the Payment methods in my account I get this message and cannot set any payment method

"No payment method can be deposited for your account"

Any ideas?

Not much help to you, but I've had exactly the same experience... hopefully someone will know the answer, otherwise it will just be a case of contacting support again.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

I was able to add my debit card no problem in the app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

Can I use the Ionity chargers with my chargemap card? Any idea on the cost? - i only want a quick top up on my way to waterford (i reckon with a light foot i wouldn't need to stop at all....)

Advertisement