Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,059 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

downcow wrote: »
    So tell me specifically something I defended loyalists doing yet said nationalists shouldn’t do. Which was the accusation made against me.

Yes, you have been 'consistent' in defending the activity at 11th Night bonfires because 'themuns' do it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,169 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Facts don’t lie. The north did well to get to last euros but much easier to qualify for.

Haha. What are you on?

Ni won their group outright ( and clear on points, no goal difference etc required)

Roi scrapped through in the playoffs after finishing 3rd in their group.

.....but sure you’ve got a better team lol

But he ultimately chose the tricolour. In fact his interview was quite revealing where he stated the Olympics made him think about who he really was.

So your argument about the better athletes choosing GB is actually a fiction. Glad we agree.

I don’t despise any flag but that’s just lashing out on your behalf as your limited knowledge has been shown up again. In fact its who you who denigrate our anthem and language. Down here I have never seen or heard anyone burn any flag. We have good relations with our neighbours in a thriving open economy.

You must have missed the pic posted on here of your Dublin mayor burning the union flag

Yes, you have been 'consistent' in defending the activity at 11th Night bonfires because 'themuns' do it as well.

That wasn’t the charge against me. The charge was that I was inconsistent eg saying unionists could have bonfires but nationalists couldn’t. I assume you couldn’t find any 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Haha. What are you on?

Ni won their group outright ( and clear on points, no goal difference etc required)

Roi scrapped through in the playoffs after finishing 3rd in their group.

.....but sure you’ve got a better team lol

You are picking one campaign in which we had Germany(world champions) in our group as well as Poland. We also qualified for 2012. The point is you won’t be making any World Cup. It will be tough for us too but we have much better young players coming through.

Michael o Neill is a good coach though. Great gaa roots and was very good with shamrock rovers too.

• Advertisement

You must have missed the pic posted on here of your Dublin mayor burning the union flag

You have to go back to 1996?? Haha how sad.
    You have dup politicians taking selfies at such burnings in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Facts don’t lie. Over 30 years since your team was there and got to one play off since to get there. We have very good underage players coming through after a leaner period but that happens all countries. The north did well to get to last euros but much easier to qualify for.

I really hope you aren’t trying to turn this into a my team is better than yours. Norn Iron has done great for its size and have produced many great results against much better sides on paper. The Roi have also produced many memorable results.

I would support NI even if they lost 12-0 every game. You appear to be a fair weather supporter.

timthumbni wrote: »
    I really hope you aren’t trying to turn this into a my team is better than yours. Norn Iron has done great for its size and have produced many great results against much better sides on paper. The Roi have also produced many memorable results.

I would support NI even if they lost 12-0 every game. You appear to be a fair weather supporter.

I’d always support the north as my second team and have done since 86 and Jennings v Brazil etc. I doubt that is reciprocated given your rants about Derry lads. Fair weather?

Plenty people have stated like rugby it should be one team and even all Ireland league mooted recently. Every ones aim is to qualify for major championship be it ifa or Fai as more money to develop game.

Also armaghlad never got any constructive reply to his reasonable post after your anti Derry rant earlier.

That wasn’t the charge against me. The charge was that I was inconsistent eg saying unionists could have bonfires but nationalists couldn’t. I assume you couldn’t find any ��

Where did I say you said 'nationalists couldn't have any'?

You defended loyalist fires as 'culture' your kids engaged in.

I would support NI even if they lost 12-0 every game.

In fairness, you seem to have a penchant for losing sides! ;)

• Advertisement

Plenty people have stated like rugby it should be one team and even all Ireland league mooted recently. Every ones aim is to qualify for major championship be it ifa or Fai as more money to develop game.

I personally don’t support the Roi footie team. I don’t want them to lose. I just have no interest in them. Unless they are playing Wales. Then I will be hanging out my tricolour.

There is no significant appetite for an all ireland football team. It will never happen. Be proud of your own team. NI are doing fine.

You are picking one campaign in which we had Germany(world champions) in our group as well as Poland. We also qualified for 2012. The point is you won’t be making any World Cup. It will be tough for us too but we have much better young players coming through.

Michael o Neill is a good coach though. Great gaa roots and was very good with shamrock rovers too.

You are at it again. It was YOU who picked that campaign not me. Stop twisting when you don’t like the answers.

So we will move forward if you wish. Ni after 4 games are currently top of there group with maximum points 12 out of 12. This has never been done by any roi team in any campaign in history.

You just state categorically that ni will never reach another wc finals, with zero basis for saying that.

... and yes mon is a star and a nationalist that loves ni and all the recen roi behind the scenes dirty work couldn’t poach him haha

In fairness, you seem to have a penchant for losing sides! ;)

The fact that NI remains part of the UK suggests otherwise. Not surprised as the current SF speak is that their murder campaign was not actually about getting the brits out of da ireland, but rather about gay marriage and speaking Gaelic. Ho hum.. the goal posts well and truly moved. Ha.

I personally don’t support the Roi footie team. I don’t want them to lose. I just have no interest in them. Unless they are playing Wales. Then I will be hanging out my tricolour.

There is no significant appetite for an all ireland football team. It will never happen. Be proud of your own team. NI are doing fine.

Why wales? 2016 or deeper than that? I am proud of all Irish teams whether it be Rory leading us out next month or soccer or hockey or cricket.

You can pretend all you like that our team is irrelevant up north but you and I both know that’s a nonsense.

You are at it again. It was YOU who picked that campaign not me. Stop twisting when you don’t like the answers.

So we will move forward if you wish. Ni after 4 games are currently top of there group with maximum points 12 out of 12. This has never been done by any roi team in any campaign in history.

You just state categorically that ni will never reach another wc finals, with zero basis for saying that.

... and yes mon is a star and a nationalist that loves ni and all the recen roi behind the scenes dirty work couldn’t poach him haha

Well this shouldn’t descend into a soccer debate but you have yet to play Germany and Holland. Come back to me when you do!

It’s highly unlikely the north will qualify given how difficult it is now. Down south we have many competing sports so tough for us too but as shown over last 30 years it’s 3-0.

The fact that NI remains part of the UK suggests otherwise.

As somebody once famously remarked 'They think it is all over....' but the very reason you are here Tim, is that it ain't over yet.

. Every ones aim is to qualify for major championship

No wonder you are so disillusioned if that is your main aim and you support roi.
    Don’t try to speak for everyone. It’s not my main aim.

Why wales? 2016 or deeper than that? I am proud of all Irish teams whether it be Rory leading us out next month or soccer or hockey or cricket.

You can pretend all you like that our team is irrelevant up north but you and I both know that’s a nonsense.

I just don’t like Wales. I also personally don’t support the Roi. You may not believe this but you can’t force people to support a team. The Roi footie team is irrelevant to me. I don’t watch them just like I don’t watch Poland playing. Your Orwellian ideas are of no relevance to me.

No wonder you are so disillusioned if that is your main aim and you support roi.
    Don’t try to speak for everyone. It’s not my main aim.

I was referring to IFA/FAI. Considering both leagues are a financial disaster the national team is the golden cow.

I just don’t like Wales. I also personally don’t support the Roi. You may not believe this but you can’t force people to support a team. The Roi footie team is irrelevant to me. I don’t watch them just like I don’t watch Poland playing. Your Orwellian ideas are of no relevance to me.

The 'outsider' mentality again. Keep the head turned away and it might go away.

• Advertisement

Wales and Derry - must be the red! I am not asking you to support them or forcing you to do anything. I accept it’s complicated for you.

Have you campaigned like downcow to remove gstq as the anthem?

As somebody once famously remarked 'They think it is all over....' but the very reason you are here Tim, is that it ain't over yet.

This is really quite a bizarre post, even for you. I deal in realities rather than fantasies but carry on. Sure the Ira campaign wasn’t actually about getting the brits out of da ireland at all. #moving the posts..

Have you campaigned like downcow to remove gstq as the anthem?

Personally, no I haven’t but thanks for asking caller.

This is really quite a bizarre post, even for you. I deal in realities rather than fantasies but carry on. Sure the Ira campaign wasn’t actually about getting the brits out of da ireland at all. #moving the posts..

I tell you what both you and downcow deal in: revealing again and again the utter insecurity prevalent in belligerent Unionism.

Personally, no I haven’t but thanks for asking caller.

Do you think it should be changed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I tell you what both you and downcow deal in: revealing again and again the utter insecurity prevalent in belligerent Unionism.

It's the foundations their claim is built on I'd imagine. Force and power allowed them put it to one side but as we reach equality the ethical stretch marks are showing.

Thinking Scooby doo here, if it wasn’t for those pesky unionists then we could have got away with it vibe off you.

You and others offer nothing to persuade unionists of the benefits of a laughably so called united ireland. That is your weakness and it will never change.

As the old wise sdlp head once said rather than bringing about a UI, the ra heads are a hinderance rather than a help

It's the foundations their claim is built on I'd imagine. Force and power allowed them put it to one side but as we reach equality the ethical stretch marks are showing.

Absolutely.

We have no sectarian police force anymore to bludgeon our parades of sectarianism and triumphlism down streets - so let's allow everybody be bigoted and sectarian so we can keep our 'culture'.

Now that justice is catching up on the British and revealing that they were joint players with loyalists in the conflict/war, it's 'let's forget about all killings/murder.'

Stretch marks? These guys are busting at the seams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Thinking Scooby doo here, if it wasn’t for those pesky unionists then we could have got away with it vibe off you.

You and others offer nothing to persuade unionists of the benefits of a laughably so called united ireland. That is your weakness and it will never change.

As the old wise sdlp head once said rather than bringing about a UI, the ra heads are a hinderance rather than a help

TBF the Unionists don't want a united Ireland, so how can you offer them a united Ireland they'd like? I suppose we could offer Arlene a few bribes. A nice holiday for Paisley Jnr.?

Why laughably so? You know Belfast is an Irish province right?

The 'RA heads helped bring about the GFA.
    I think as the DUP lose power over time and they see the inevitable UI on the horizon they might have one of their Para supporting pipers change their tune ;)

• Advertisement

Your mistake is that you think you are representative of 'Unionism'. You aren't.

The 'fleg' protest that was gonna 'shut the place down' DIDN'T.
    Neither did the NEVER NEVER NEVER Armageddon promised over the AIA or the GFA
    Nor that promised over Drumcree and all the other parades.

Belligerent Unionism is a beaten insecure docket Tim.

Advertisement