Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Argos RIP thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

pissed wrote: »
    94.6% positive feedback.
    Just be careful with this tv & I Got this exact tv from richer sounds and it arrived with screen cracked .Richer sounds have been amazing from start to finish and arranged for new one to be sent straight away .they did says they’d had this issue with this model before and would be removing from Their website

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

shardylan wrote: »
    .they did says they’d had this issue with this model before and would be removing from Their website

Richer sounds have a 6 year warranty, so its in their interest not to stock any dodgy tvs, also they would take better care with delivery as they would not want it shaken so much that its more likely to fail within the 6 years. The manager of richersounds delivered my TV himself donkeys years ago, its still going with zero issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

rubadub wrote: »
    Richer sounds have a 6 year warranty, so its in their interest not to stock any dodgy tvs, also they would take better care with delivery as they would not want it shaken so much that its more likely to fail within the 6 years. The manager of richersounds delivered my TV himself donkeys years ago, its still going with zero issues.

Nothing to do with richer sounds they have been exemplary and can’t fault them at all & don’t even think it was delivery drivers fault as box didn’t have a mark on it .The replacement tv was also an LG and this would actually had instructions not to lift by putting fingers on screen so obviously the screen is easily broken
    Just a warning for anyone looking to purchase this particular model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

This item is out of stock. :(

It was still in stock up to late last night as i was keeping an eye on it going mad now i didn't pull the trigger and buy it ,its out of stock this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

Any idea how long it takes for Argos to deliver an item from their Ebay shop? Do the items really all ship from the UK? Got a tracking number on Monday for Fastway, but no activity on it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Firblog

onform wrote: »
    Any idea how long it takes for Argos to deliver an item from their Ebay shop? Do the items really all ship from the UK? Got a tracking number on Monday for Fastway, but no activity on it yet.

Jesus, Fastway? I'd be opening it the min its delivered to make sure the screen isn't in bits

Firblog wrote: »
    Jesus, Fastway? I'd be opening it the min its delivered to make sure the screen isn't in bits

Yes but any idea when I can expect my smashed TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

onform wrote: »
    Firblog wrote: »

Ordered something on Sunday of last week, and had it delivered on Thursday, so a four day turn around which I was happy with with the way things are. The box of it was broken though!

Ordered something on Sunday of last week, and had it delivered on Thursday, so a four day turn around which I was happy with with the way things are. The box of it was broken though!

Thanks, that's not bad alright. They had predicted 3-5 business days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Its Argos Ebay site lads....relax...even if something comes broken you can return to the physical store ! Its like buying from argos itself.

Its Argos Ebay site lads....relax...even if something comes broken you can return to the physical store ! Its like buying from argos itself.

Source? This isn't true for Argos UK and their Ebay store, UK folk have to return things by post.

TV that was ordered Monday arrived today with Fastway, safe and sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stwome01

I ordered garden furniture and got a text with a number to call to arrange a delivery. I haven't been able to get through to this number. Anyone else manage to get a response or how are deliveries being organised at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Ordered off Argos Ireland on Ebay. Package was in Fastways center for the last 5 working days. Emailed Fastway asking what the hold up was and got this little nugget back. If only I had read about Fastway before ordering now. Scandalous!

"I have investigated this shipment and it appears to have been misdirected within our Network and we haven't been able to locate. If you contact your supplier they will arrange to resend the shipment out to you."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Fastest seems to lose packages by the dozen. Someone somewhere is obviously making a mint from selling in these "lost" packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Fastest seems to lose packages by the dozen. Someone somewhere is obviously making a mint from selling in these "lost" packages.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

RossieMan wrote: »

They've lost a Habitat work table for me this morning.
    A sodding table.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

They've lost a Habitat work table for me this morning.
    A sodding table.

Bet that story could grow legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

RossieMan wrote: »

I became very uneasy with the persons operating the Fastway franchise in my area about 12/18 months, thankfully it has since changed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Fastway are horrendous - zero customer service and zero concern about the goods they deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Funny, my wife ordered something recently (not from Argos) and it was dispatched via Fastway early last week. Their tracking hasn't updated since last Tuesday and they are not giving any sorts of update. Seems to be a very common complaint, you'd hope vendors would take customer feedback into account and use better courier companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

ive had deliveries from fastway over the years and never had an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

ive had deliveries from fastway over the years and never had an issue

It just depends on the driver. They are franchised so some are useless and don't care. I really try and avoid them if I can. They manage ok in normal periods but they can't cope with Christmas volumes, the current situation is even busier for couriers.

I ordered from amazon about three weeks before Christmas. It was shipped with UPS ended up with Fastway Got usual amazon tracking and was marked delivered after 4 days. Several emails to UPC and Fastway. Got one automated response from fastway to say they were looking into it and should have it in 48hrs heard nothing more. UPS did at least say they were investigating. They eventually replied on 31st December to say fastway could not supply delivery confirmation and to request a refund from amazon. It had been delivered by an post on the 24th! Fastway label was still on but an post had been stuck over it.

When I mentioned it to my father in law he said the postman in their area had said a fastway courier had just left a load of parcels at the An Post post box. This is just a crossroads in a rural area!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Not Argos-related, but it is the chat thread, so... I ordered a pair of running shoes from Wiggle some time back. Got a notification that the item had been delivered, but no item. A few days later, I got a call from a pitch and putt course owner, some 6kms away, who found the Wiggle parcel thrown over his wall. He managed to contact me by ringing my work address. He was a decent sod (lucky the shoes didn't fit him :)). Make sure you report bad deliveries to the sender!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Comerman

Has anyone got the argos automated call in the last few days about an order with a number to call back about delivery?? I called the number but remained on hold for almost 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Comerman wrote: »
    Has anyone got the argos automated call in the last few days about an order with a number to call back about delivery?? I called the number but remained on hold for almost 30 minutes.

Are you expecting something from Argos? If not I'd check your phone bill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Comerman

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Are you expecting something from Argos? If not I'd check your phone bill

Sorry yes I'm waiting for a delivery, it's their genuine number because I looked it up on the website before ringing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Not Argos-related, but it is the chat thread, so... I ordered a pair of running shoes from Wiggle some time back. Got a notification that the item had been delivered, but no item. A few days later, I got a call from a pitch and putt course owner, some 6kms away, who found the Wiggle parcel thrown over his wall. He managed to contact me by ringing my work address. He was a decent sod (lucky the shoes didn't fit him :)). Make sure you report bad deliveries to the sender!

Maybe the accuracy of their delivery involves 6km of wiggle room ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stwome01

Comerman wrote: »

I am having the same problem. Got several texts to ring the phone number but no answer when I try. I have made several calls at this stage so I am just assuming that the phones are no longer being staffed.

Advertisement